TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Let Flair Go!

After watching Raw, they need to have Flair retire soon, tthe deterioration that has occured in the past year has been unreal. What good matches has he had? Flair/Vince at Royal Rumble 2002, Flair/UT at Wrestlemania and Flair/Austin at Raw and Flair/Show vs. Austin at Judgment Day. Although he has put over Brock, Jericho, RVD, Rico, & The Hurricane, the physical conditioning has gotten bad. Knowing WWE logic he will somehow find a way to wrestle Booker T at Judgment Day.

Guest Trivia247

Personally I wouldn't mind them Keep Flair on, but Purely as a Manger Compacity. His in ring days are too rusty, since he really hasn't been wrestling as active since his loss to Jericho.

since then he been Manager role for a while. let him stay that way...wait for Batistia and Orton to Heal back up for HHH to regain his backup.

Guest Coffey

If the WWE ever goes to a 3 man announce team like WCW did, Flair would be great in the Larry Zybysko/Stevie Ray role.

Guest PencilJobber

It was stupid to put him with HHH in the first place all he really does is kiss HHH's ass it would be like the La Lakers employing Michael Jordan to stand around saying how Kobe Bryant was better than he ever was just to apply more ego to HHH.He should have been put with a young guy who is not so good on the mic.Benoit could have been a monster heel with Flair as his mouth piece or some young big guy O'Haire maybe.

He should be used as a mouth piece for someone who needs the help not as a ego trip for HHH.

Guest Mystery Eskimo
Benoit could have been a monster heel with Flair as his mouth piece.

That's a great idea. I'd totally mark for that.

Guest Human Fly

If you notice, the only time a HHH related mic segment gets any kind of pop, it is when the Champ gets on the mic. Flair is still in the top 2 or 3 when it comes to mic work on the Raw brand. I wish they would let him talk more often.

As for ring time, I don't mind it every now and then. And yes, his skills have deteriorated, but he is still better than a lot of other guys that are in their prime right now.

Guest Goodear
As for ring time, I don't mind it every now and then. And yes, his skills have deteriorated, but he is still better than a lot of other guys that are in their prime right now.

No he isn't, thats just a horrible cliche that people have rotated around so much now that people think its true. Flair isn't anywhere near better than anyone that's even decent anymore.

Guest Bling-Bling Buchanan

Well he was better than any of the members of the "Evilution" stable at least.

Guest Downhome

I find Flair better than a lot of guys currently active. While his actual physical skill is not what it once was, he is still one of the best at making someone look good, psychology, and other aspects such as this.

Guest Youth N Asia

They might as well take Flair off Hunter. People will not boo Ric Flair...maybe when he talks for a while but he gets a good pop when he first comes out.

Guest Johnson1620

I say leave him where's he's at but keep him out of the ring. Except to hand HHH the title to crack someone in the head with. He is in a perfect role right now.

Sorry, I was a bit drunk when writing the title, I agree Flair should stay on as a manager, just not a wrestler. I agree he is out there busting his ass, but it just looks bad, considering what he used to be. And he should win an Oscar two weeks ago for really looking scared even though it was only Nash coming out.

Guest snuffbox
I think Flair is going to win the World title from HHH in the fall.

Not going to happen....

but I would mark the fuck out.

Flair can still work circles around half the WWE roster (Batista, albert, show, nash, jones etc etc). Knows psychology(which nobody else seems to), still has incredible mic skills, charisma, and crowd heat. He is willing to put guys over and can. And he can work the wwe main event style as good as anyone, its mostly punch-kick anyway.

Guest Army Eye
He should have been put with a young guy who is not so good on the mic.Benoit could have been a monster heel with Flair as his mouth piece or some young big guy O'Haire maybe.

They did put him with Batista though.

Guest goodhelmet

hell, if vince let flair go, he would just show up on TNA with all of the other has-beens.

Guest KanadianKrusty

Flair shouldn't retire, he's still great on the mic and in the ring he gets a better reaction than anyone on RAW not named Booker T or RVD, plus he not THAT bad, I still enjoy his work a LOT, he just needs to practice the Flair Flip a bit and he'll be alright.

Guest Youth N Asia

Might as well keep him around...he's more over then the RAW champ

Guest Choken One

A few weeks ago...I saw the great inter action with Flair and Goldust and thought they oughta do something together (I mean as a Fued).

I am ADAMENT that HHH STILL wants a HHH/Flair Fued...So I wouldn't be shocked for a Fall Series that HHH lets his Idol get one more run with the belt.

However, Flair has been Great as a Manager...

He STRONGLY reminds me of Curt Henning when he Managed Him....

Flair/Hening was great and HHH/Flair SHOULD'VE been just like it but Remember Flair let Henning run with it a few times...Hunter won't let Flair run free unless he needs heat badly.

Looking at the Raw Roster, I struggle to find a good person to pair Flair with...

I thought about Jericho but That's too damn greedy...

I finally figured the perfect companion to Flair...Christian.

I think those two would just be golden together...

Sure, Flair is Larger then Life and oughta be with a MAIN EVENTER like Hunter but I think Flair wouldn't mind elevating such a young Protege.