TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HVilleThugg

The Official SWF Website Thread

Guest HVilleThugg

Ok, I started a new thread because the other was cluttered. I have updated the site with the redesign by Atlas (and thanks to him for doing it). I'll be back on updating it more regularly now, but there are some things still not ready to go on there, so I ask that anyone who usually sends me columns or match reviews or the like, to hold off on that until I have all the other stuff back working all the way. Most importantly, I have done the rankings!! I did them a little different this time, the most notable being that there is no more commentary to accompany the rankings since that's what took me a long time to do. Secondly, they are no longer IC rankings, but a mixture of ability, tenure, record, and position on the card (i.e. Main Eventer, Midcarder, etc.).

Now, there very well may be some people missing from the rankings and the list of workers. If one of those people are you, please post here (NICELY DAMMIT!!) that I've missed you, and I"ll fix it some time this week. If there's anything glaringly wrong with something on the site, post that here as well. What the fuck...y'all know the drill. So, site's back up, and ready to go...so now y'all bitches can leave me alone!

Da "back to being a lazy bitch" H

PS - I know some of the images (especially of the title belts) are rather large so those pages take a little while to download. I'll trim those down as soon as I have a chance, so don't bitch about that.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

You guys have very much outdone yourselves with the work on this. It's comprehensive, professional-looking, and loads mad quickly on my machine. All it needs now is a Shrine To Me, and it'll be perfect.

Also, the title belts are frickin' slick. I especially dig the ICTV.

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, direct all your thanks to Atlas. He built the site. All I did was tweek it a tiny bit and clean up some of his code to make it look nicer when I go in to update it.

Da "will make a shrine to Atlas before he ever makes a shrine to a title stealing bastard like you" H

Sorry about the large size of the title images. I coul dhave compressed the images, but by the time I got some of the text done ("Gamers" in the HGC and "Intercontinental" in the ICTV... you'd be surpised how easy it is to get that word using only "Televsision") I just wanted to save the image and get it over with. I might do smaller versions of them if I have the time.

Sean "If you need help with that shrine, let me know. I'll design that one too :P " Atlas

Guest Beingz0wningj00

BTW Dudes...

May you guys please help me put that swank ICTV title in my sig, might as well have that SWF logo in there as well.

Guest Beezel

I must say, the site is a fine example of workmanship.

Also, I am amazed by the quality of these title images and thank you for the usage.

May you guys please help me put that swank ICTV title in my sig, might as well have that SWF logo in there as well.

For the banner: {URL=http://swf.theleafnode.org}{IMG}http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/swfbanner.jpg{/IMG}{/URL}

For the belt: Editted out by HVT. Please use URL's below

Replace the squiggly brackets with the UBB ones.

Nothing like getting your artwork into the signatures of others.

Guest HVilleThugg

Ok...a note about the title images and signatures.

I don't want to host those images from that server. I have a server (from my school) that I have dedicated to hosting images for people's sigs and avatars. In a few minutes, I'm gonna put the title images over on that server. Here are the URLs for each of the title belts. If you feel so inclined to put them in your sig, I ask that you grab them from these URLs.

Hardcore Gamers Title

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/belt-hgs.jpg

US Title

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/belt-us.jpg

Tag Title

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/belt-tag.jpg

ICTV Title

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/belt-ictv.jpg

World Title

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kkeeling/belt-world.jpg

Da "use these or else!" H

Guest HVilleThugg

Updates to the site!!

Go look at them!!

NOW!!

Da "working slowly by surely to get all the info back on the site" H

Guest Suicide King

Sweet Mary McGee. The site is awesome.

One question... who's doing the brief write-ups for this year's class of HoFers?

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, I was going to do something for that just as soon as I got a chance, which could be in several months. I'd love it if someone else (i.e. not in the HoF class) could do the write ups, seeing as how I'm in that class, and would prefer not to write something about myself.

But, if someone wants to do it, that's cool with me...in fact, I encourage someone else to do it. Maybe Outcast or JD or someone like that who has been around for the entire career of everyone in the class.

Da "passing the buck" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I'll do it, if you want.. Give me a few days. Can have it for the week end.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Thugg, I am at work. It is very difficult to use internet and work at the same time.

Guest HVilleThugg

Yeah...sorry then. I just figured you were on the whole time you were at work.

Da "sees you fixed it you little bitch" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Oh I try...

Lord knows I try.

*would rather talk to you guys then work... yah... really*

Guest Tod deKindes

Heh. I just noticed there are four TV network logos on the ICTV belt.

How brilliantly clever.

Thugg,

Just as a FYI, the new server is fully functionial if you guys want to move it to a server you can both access. Also the swf.net domain is currently pointing at the new server as well.

I'm working on the new site stuff too, so don't think I forgot about it. I've already spent too much time on it the past few days instead of writing my match against Judge, so hopefully the site will end up being worth it.

Da "stealing Thugg's tag" J

Guest HVilleThugg

Actually, I would like to make the move over to swf.net. My server's down AGAIN, and it's really pissing me off! Unfortuntely, I really don't have time for the move right now, but next week, we'll see what we can do.

Da "will wreck your shit if you do this one more time" H

Guest HVilleThugg

Ok...as many of you have noticed, my server is once again down. This is because the hard drive on the server box decided that it was time that it made some loud noises and died. A new hard drive as been purchased and installed, all the files were restored. The only problem is that now I have to go back in and set up swf.theleafnode.org as a viable portal on the server, and then set up where that URL should go to find its files.

I say all of this to say that I think that with my server going down so much recently, that it's a sign that it's time to move everything over to www.theswf.net, the domain and server Johnny D has. Since he's already paying for the space and server, we might as well use it. Unless, of course, Dames has our space ready here on thesmartmarks.com...in which case, I can just move it there. It would appear that the final home of our website is going to be on Johnny space anyway, since he's using some middleware that's only available there, it only makes sense to move there. So, let's do it Brim...

When can we move the files?

Can you assign access so that I can update?

You should focus on making the new site instead of trying to update this one, cause you'll find it impossible to do both and still do the other things you need to do.

Can we move the SJL site over there? And if we can, can we give Atlas access so he can update that one?

I'm not sure what kind of server you've got or who you got the space through, so I'm not sure if it's strictly an FTP thing or something more secure, and I"m not sure if you have the ability to create accounts for people (usernames & passwords).

Let me know what's up...cause I'd like to make this move sometime in the very, very, VERY near future!

Da "sick of his server crapping out and being the only person updating the site" H

Guest HVilleThugg

DAMMIT! Where are you Johnny??

Da "wants to make this move soon" H

Whoops! I must of missed this post, sorry Thugg.

Yeah, both of you can have total access to the server through FTP. I only have one username/password allowed for the server so I can't really assign access for that, just trust you with mine.

I'll shoot a PM your way with all the information so you can transfer everything to the new server (WF and JL) as soon as I get home from work tonight.