TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaxPower27

Goddamn CD burner

Guest MaxPower27

I'm trying to record a CD before I go to work, I'm using Roxio CD Creator 5 Platinum. I made the tracks in the order that I want, and clicked record, but I got the message:

There are no supported CD recorders available. Ensure that your CD-Recorder is powered on, and that all cables are properly connected. You may also need to update...

My problem is that the CD Recorder is internal, it came installed on the tower, and I JUST UPDATED TO PLATINUM!!!

Guest Flyboy
Roxio is a piece of crap get Nero to burn your music or data cds.

Roxio is far from a piece of crap.

Guest DrTom

Nero's free, too, if you get it from Kazaa. I prefer it to Roxio, but that's influenced by the fact that Roxio causes problems with the Win2K/Novell platform we run at work.

Guest areacode212

Roxio didn't support my CD-RW drive either. Which is why I switched to Nero and never looked back.

Guest areacode212

You may want to go to the Roxio site and see if there's a patch that enables it to support your CD-RW drive.

Guest Retro Rob

On my new computer the guy installed Roxio and Nero. He said to stick with Roxio, but I may as well try out Nero as well.

Guest razazteca

Another program you should look for is Alcohol 120% it is a program that can burn nearly all formats from bin cue, nrg, cdi, and others.

Nero is good because you can burn nearly any cd format from Mac hybrids to game disc to music cds.

Using just one program to burn is cds will leave out valueable options for personally use. Roxio is ok because it is free and is on nearly every computer sold but just like Windows it is not the greatest program of its kind.

Guest MaxPower27

Computer is less than a month old. Don't know what model or anything, but it's a Dell computer.

The thing is that it has worked before! I've burned CD's already, but it decided to be ghey on me and pull that stunt.

Guest razazteca

Maybe you need to get new drivers or you accidently uninstalled something important or have some software conflicts.

Guest areacode212

Yeah, Roxio seemed to be pretty slow in upgrading their software to work with the latest drives. My drive wasn't the fastest one when I bought it (TDK/Lite-On 32/10/40), but Roxio didn't support it. Just get Nero. I'm sure you can download a "free" version somewhere.

Guest HungryJack

You definitely need to find an updated driver for your burner, as when I installed my CDBurner, my CD Creator gave me the same line of bullshit. It took me a while to figure out what the fuck was going on. Just check if your burner provides a website or anything like that.

Guest MaxPower27

thanks for the help everyone.

I figured out what the problem was. I had installed Roxio Platinum off of a CD that my mom took from work, but in order to run Roxio Platinum you need the CD. I uninstalled Roxio Platinum and re-installed the regular Roxio that came with the computer, and it works fine.

Thanks again.

:)