TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Nfl predictions

Guest converge241

Division winners and the super Bowl pick

(yes a lot can change between now and start of season. Just base this off how things stand now)

AFC

NE

pitt

indy

oak

mia

cleve

pats to super bowl

AFC bottom dwellers: Ravens, Jaguars, Bills, Chargers (theyll be better, just last in the west)

NFC

philly

chicago

tb

stl

wash

sf

rams to the bowl

NFC bottom feeders:

Giants (yes dallas will beat them out with a good D), Lions, Panthers, Arizona (killer West division)

Rams over Pats in a rematch

Guest thevertex

Despite their HORRIBLE offseason so far, the Giants won't be last in the East. I'm looking at 2nd place, 8-8 or so and could go 2 in either direction. Their poor play at the end of last season was because of lost confidence, they could have been 10-6 if they didn't let 2 close losses to really good teams get to them and then start losing games they shouldn't have.

Washington would have been about 3-13 without Marty Schottenheimer last year, look at how they started. My prediction is Spurrier's crap won't work in the NFL, and we're looking at last in the east for them, and he'll probably justify tanking a few because he wants Grossman.

Guest converge241

Im not real confident in how good or bad any of those NFC east tems will do (except the eagles). You never know who is going to show up.

How do you see the rest of the league vertex..

I'm bored, so I'll do a division by division thing:

AFC East

Dolphins

Patriots

Jets

Bills

AFC North

Steelers

Browns

Ravens

Bengals

AFC South

Titans

Colts

Jaguars

Texans

AFC West

Broncos

Raiders

Chargers

Chiefs

Playoff teams- Dolphins, Steelers, Titans, Broncos with the Patriots and Browns in the wild card.

NFC East

Eagles

Giants

Cowboys

Redskins

NFC North

Packers

Bears

Vikings

Lions

NFC South

Bucs

Falcons

Saints

Panthers

NFC West

49ers

Rams

Seahawks

Cardinals

49ers, Eagles, Bucs, Packers are in with Rams and Bears with the WC

I like Miami over Denver for the AFC

Philadelphia over San Francisco

Philly over Miami in the SB

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I will change my predictions based on the off-season thus far.

AFC East

Dolphins *

Patriots

Jets

Bills

AFC North

Steelers *

Browns

Bengals

Ravens

AFC South

Colts *

Titans *

Texans

Jaguars

AFC West

Broncos *

Raiders *

Chargers

Chiefs

NFC East

Eagles *

Giants

Cowboys

Redskins

NFC North

Packers *

Bears *

Lions

Vikings

NFC South

Bucs *

Falcons

Saints

Panthers

NFC West

Seahawks *

49ers *

Rams

Cards

NFC Championship:

Green Bay Packers d. Seattle Seahawks

AFC Championship:

Miami Dolphins d. Indianapolis Colts

Superbowl XXXVII:

Green Bay Packers d. Miami Dolphins

I will change my predictions based on the off-season thus far.

AFC East

Dolphins *

Patriots

Jets

Bills

AFC North

Steelers *

Browns

Bengals

Ravens

AFC South

Colts *

Titans *

Texans

Jaguars

AFC West

Broncos *

Raiders *

Chargers

Chiefs

NFC East

Eagles *

Giants

Cowboys

Redskins

NFC North

Packers *

Bears *

Lions

Vikings

NFC South

Bucs *

Falcons

Saints

Panthers

NFC West

Seahawks *

49ers *

Rams

Cards

NFC Championship:

Green Bay Packers d. Seattle Seahawks

AFC Championship:

Miami Dolphins d. Indianapolis Colts

Superbowl XXXVII:

Green Bay Packers d. Miami Dolphins

I'm intrigued that you have Seattle that high.  Care to explain?

Guest Kahran Ramsus
I'm intrigued that you have Seattle that high.  Care to explain?

God's a Trent Dilfer fan.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

If you're playing in the same division as the 49ers and Rams in 2002, you better pray God has a hard-on for your team.

Guest Kingpk

Just a few thoughts on the new alignment:

-The NFC South must have been the dumping ground for the worst teams in the league.  Can't wait to see those intriguing Bucs-Falcons matchups.

-Why, oh why didn't they take the Bills instead?  The AFC East is now a two horse race with the Colts gone.  

Now, a "Only 7 weeks into the offseason and I'm already pitching my tent at Bryant College" guesstimate at the 2002-03 playoff picture.

AFC East

Dolphins *

Patriots *

Jets

Bills

AFC North

Steelers *

Browns

Bengals

Ravens

AFC South

Colts *

Titans

Texans

Jaguars

AFC West

Broncos *

Raiders *

Chargers

Chiefs

NFC East

Eagles *

Giants

Cowboys

Redskins

NFC North

Packers *

Bears *

Lions

Vikings

NFC South

Bucs *

Falcons

Saints

Panthers

NFC West

49ers*

Seahawks*

Rams

Cards

NFC Title: Packers def. 49ers

AFC Title: Colts def. Patriots

SuperBowl XXXVII: Colts def. Packers

Guest dreamer420

I have no idea where everyone will finish but I would like to predict the Miami Dolphins will win the Super Bowl next year.

Guest Choken One

AFC East

Miami Dolphins*

New England Pats*

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers*

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Baltimore Ravens

AFC South

Indinapolis Colts*

Tennessee Titans*

Jacksonville Jags

Houston Texans

AFC West

Oakland Raiders *

Denver Broncos

K.C Chiefs

S.D Chargers

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles *

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Washington Redskins

NFC NORTH

Green Bay Packers*

Chicago Bears*

Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions

NFC SOUTH

New Orleans Saints*

Tampa Bucs

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

NFC WEST

St. Louis Rams*

S.F 49ers*

Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cards

AFC Championship Game

Pittsburgh Steelers Over Miami Dolphins 23-17

NFC Championship Game

S.F 49rs Over Philadelphia Eagles 27-13

Super Bowl xxxvii

Pittsburgh Steelers Over S.F 49ers 28-16

Guest teke184

To be fair to the people knocking the South division, Tampa Bay has been a contender for the past five years and both the Saints and Falcolns were competitive when this division was planned.  

OTOH, the Panthers have been useless since they went to the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field for the NFC Championship game about 4-5 years ago.

Guest Kingpk

The Bucs won't be as competitive anymore now that they have pissed away half their future draft picks on a coach that really hasn't done anything but drop f-bombs on camera.

The Falcons have a QB whose style probably won't work well in the NFL and not much else.

The Saints are just a mess, they were outscored something like 165-17 in three games vs. the Patriots, Rams and 49ers.  Their defense just imploded at the end of the season.

And the Panthers are the Panthers. That losing streak will run a little bit higher this season.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I'm a huge Dolphins fan, and I'm pleasantly surprised some of you are picking them for the SB (even to win! ), but remember Jay Fiedler is still the QB.  Ricky Williams should take a lot of the load off Fiedler, but Jay has a tendency to act stupid sometimes at the most inopportune times.

Guest El Satanico

Well if a team drafts well they don't need high round picks to get good players. And besides Tampa doesn't really need guys that are guaranteed starters in their rookie season. Tampa is in more of a position of needing to build some depth with young guys to take over when salary caps makes them cut veterens like every team will be doing each year from now on.

Now i'm not saying that they are better off without 4 picks in first two rounds in next two years, but it doesn't mean the team will fall apart and has no chance of getting quality players. Having no picks in the first two rounds for two years would really hurt a team like Indy who has some glaring holes(on defense) and need guys who can start NOW. Sure Tampa has holes but not really any big glaring holes that NEED starters right away.

Hell some teams have terrible drafts even with the top two rounds. So you can never tell how a team will draft.

Guest Vern Gagne
The Bucs won't be as competitive anymore now that they have pissed away half their future draft picks on a coach that really hasn't done anything but drop f-bombs on camera.

What the hell did Tony Dungy ever do? Oh that's right he's a good guy, so he can't be questioned.

Guest dreamer420

I have faith in Jay Fiedler this year.  Hopefully 2002 will be the year the Dolphins can break that Marino jinx and go to the superbowl

Guest Ihatesmarksandmarks

oh christ every year everyone falls in love with the dolphins....and every year they are out in the second round. Nothing will change with ricky williams....the most overated running back in the league. I cant wait to see which team gets to beat miami 62-7 in the playoffs this year...

Guest thevertex

My predictions, forgive me if they don't add up exactly, just trying to give a general idea...

AFC East

Dolphins 11-5

Jets 10-6

Patriots 8-8 (come down to earth, talent-wise they were 5-11 last year and actually improved this offseason)

Bills 6-10 (pretty good for them actually, 3 win improvement)

AFC North

Steelers 13-3

Browns 10-6 (going to be very good team this year, needs more offense still and that's what the draft's for)

Bengals 8-8 (Very surprising team, if they get a good QB I change this to 10-6, basically all they're missing)

Ravens 4-12

AFC South

Colts 10-6

Titans 8-8 (they have issues on o-line and major problems in secondary)

Jaguars 4-12(have fun in salary cap hell)

Texans 3-13 (lots of good players, but not really a team and not enough offense)

AFC West

Broncos 10-6 (have fun in salary cap hell in 1 year, Al Davis is absolutely correct about them cheating)

Raiders 9-7 (All those old vets will wear down)

Chargers 8-8 (improving, year away from playoffs because Flutie's too old and Brees is too young)

Chiefs 7-9 (kind of overrated, and they cut their best LB)

NFC East

Eagles 12-4

Giants 8-8 (big middle finger to Strahan, this is basically thanks to him, but if they get some cap room it could go to 10-6)

Cowboys 7-9 (Improved, but i'm not convinced QB is the real deal, and Emmitt could wear down)

Redskins 4-12 (no QB, let their best receiver walk, let a good DE walk, Snyder should just stick to fantasy football)

NFC North

Packers 12-4

Bears 9-7 (eh, may lose some key free agents and not even get compensation, they should have went after Bledsoe)

Vikings 6-10 (FINALLY rebuilding their defense, They're at least in the right direction)

Lions 3-13(Gee, they sure pissed away a franchise, there'll be a new Coach and GM next year I bet)

NFC South

Bucs 11-5

Falcons 8-8 (bad system, overpaying for lesser talents, but at least they're trying)

Saints 8-8 (Wow, they had awesome talent for the past 2 years, now they lost their starting LT, both Guards, RB, best backup QB in the league, WR, DE, DT. The GM probably needs to be fired.)

Panthers 3-13 (At least going in the right direction now.)

NFC West

Rams 13-3 (They need to pickup a few WRs though)

49ers 11-5 (Good offseason so far, both lines need boosting though and they need another safety)

Seahawks 10-6 (Very good team on paper, could be contenders with a TE and d-line help)

Cards 9-7 (On the right track but needs major d-line help, could make the playoffs if they stop being inept for once)

AFC Playoffs: Dolphins, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Browns, Jets

NFC Playoffs: Eagles, Packers, Rams, Bucs, 49ers, Seahawks

Most Improved: Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, Bills, Cowboys

Least Improved: Ravens, Saints, Redskins, Jaguars, Giants

Most Important Rookie: Bryant McKinnie

First Coach Fired: Marty Mornihweg (sp?)

Super Bowl: 49ers over Steelers

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Very good team on paper, could be contenders with a TE and d-line help

With all the TEs on the market the Seahawks will get one.  They still have a good shot of landing Sharpe.

Guest Kingpk
Very good team on paper, could be contenders with a TE and d-line help

With all the TEs on the market the Seahawks will get one.  They still have a good shot of landing Sharpe.

Better get one before the Patriots take them all, I mean, they must have signed three already.

"What the hell did Tony Dungy ever do? Oh that's right he's a good guy, so he can't be questioned."

Did the Colts give up a ton of picks and 8 million dollars for Dungy?  Did they give WAY too much for a coach that's been in the league for 5 years?

Guest thevertex

Well the Patriots deserve credit for that. Troy Brown was Tom Brady's main target last season because of Glenn being an idiot and Patten is more of a 3rd receiver. Now not only do they have a credible no. 2 receiver, but they have 2 good TE options after having none since Coates left.

Guest Kingpk

I think they made up for Glenn somewhat with that guy they signed from Carolina (his name escapes me at the moment.)

Guest The Voices In Your Head

I don't know about you, but I'm going to wait until the preseason to post my picks, as there's so much that could happen between now, the draft, and August.