TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SweetNSexyDiva

Denny's 24 hour restaurant...

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

Personally, I couldn't have gone through my high school and college years without Denny's! Great place to go in the middle of the night with my friends and irritate the waiters and waitresses working the night shift! And a great place to get coffee to sober up after a night spent in Tijuana! :lol: Plus it is was cheap! Is there one near you, or something similar?

Guest stardust

When I was living in the town where I actually go to college (now I live two hours away) a group of friends and I would go to Denny's around midnight and terrorize the waitress (it was always the same lady, too) after going to a movie or playing Capture the Flag or volleyball or something off the wall like that. That's one of the things I miss about living up there...late night trips to Denny's and going to Sonic 10 minutes before they closed and pissing all the carhops off. :D

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

Denny's food is cool - and late at night you can't beat the warm, hot goodness. However, I nonetheless had to avoid going late at night because it's packed with assholes like this.

Life has stomped all over these cockroaches and forced them into showing their turgid artsy fartsy bitch asses at night only. They sit at a table together and get loud (since that's the only time society permits them to speak). Usually one guy has 8 billion piercings, they're all dressed in all black and purple, one dumbass is over 30 and still dresses like he's out of a Dr. Suess book with a backpack with shit pinned all over to it.

Feel free to flame me.

EDIT: Fuck you.

Guest DrTom

There's a 24-hour Denny's about 20 minutes from my house, another one 20 minutes away in a different direction, and two more within about 35 minutes in still other directions.

I guess I live in a Denny's hot zone. :ph34r:

Guest razazteca

Denny's sucks, the food is bad, and if I want to pay $6 for eggs, bacon, pancakes, I'll go to the Waffle House.

Guest Choken One

Waffle House Owns Denny's, Denny doesn't have any character and the food and service sucks...

Steer clear of Dennys

Guest MrRant

If there is a freeway off ramp next to you.. there's a Dennys. If there is a motel/hotel... there is a Dennys. I think there is a rule of at least 3 Denny's per town.

Guest RedJed
If there is a freeway off ramp next to you.. there's a Dennys. If there is a motel/hotel... there is a Dennys. I think there is a rule of at least 3 Denny's per town.

I wish that was true, there are no Dennys up in northern MN here at all, and I f'n love them, in fact I think thats all I seem to get to talking about here in the food folder for some reason.

If I ever make trips to the Twin Cities though, I try to find one. Their menu isn't as strong as it used to be though.......I dont think the whole 50's diner concept they did either.

Guest DerangedHermit

There are no Denny's in the Tri-State (NYC) area. I'm not quite sure whether that's a blessing or a curse.

Guest MaxPower27

It's a blessing. Don't go into a Denny's unless you have a few hours to kill.

Guest RepoMan
Denny's food is cool - and late at night you can't beat the warm, hot goodness. However, I nonetheless had to avoid going late at night because it's packed with assholes like this.

Life has stomped all over these cockroaches and forced them into showing their turgid artsy fartsy bitch asses at night only. They sit at a table together and get loud (since that's the only time society permits them to speak). Usually one guy has 8 billion piercings, they're all dressed in all black and purple, one dumbass is over 30 and still dresses like he's out of a Dr. Suess book with a backpack with shit pinned all over to it.

Feel free to flame me.

EDIT: Fuck you.

It's funny because it true. They think they're so funny and they're so god damned clever, when in reality they're nothing but whiney dorks. There's about 10 different herds of this ppl at my college :throwup:

Guest JHawk

Denny's is cool if only because you're racing to make it home before the heart attack kicks in

Guest El Satanico

a bowl of mud > a patty melt from Denny's

Besides Waffle House serves more than waffles.

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire
It's funny because it true. They think they're so funny and they're so god damned clever, when in reality they're nothing but whiney dorks. There's about 10 different herds of this ppl at my college :throwup:

Herd is so the correct word, too. The way they flock together and have the same assinine (sp?) tongue-in-cheek sarcasm (which isn't funny in the first place) in Dennys' all over the country - it shows they're the same mindless conformists that they bitch and complain about. For hours.

Guest Zack Malibu

I've got one about 15 minutes away. Go there on rare occasions, but for the most part my friends and I hit up a Bickford's closer to home for our late night fix. I hate the Denny's breakfast meals, but I'll get turkey clubs or something when I go.

And my Denny's has the hordes of emo/punk/alternative piercing posse's too. Must be a haven for them.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

To  make it worse, one of the people I was with is the guy who is always at MSG shows, and ppvs, with a white tanktop and glasses who usually sat either front row or the first few rows facing the camera. 

EDIT: SHIT, I accidentally edited this post instead of quoting it! sorry, didn't mean to delete your horror story about the terrible Denny's service near Safeco Field in Seattle :(

Edited by areacode212

Guest RepoMan

I went to a Denny's outside of Syracuse five years ago, we where the only pepole in the place, just ordered very basic stuff like burgers, and it took over an hour for us to get our food.

To make it worse, one of the people I was with is the guy who is always at MSG shows, and ppvs, with a white tanktop and glasses who usually sat either front row or the first few rows facing the camera. So a bunch of people spot him and start whispering.

Well, that's what you get for hanging out with that guy.

Dames

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

We have a Denny's but they stopped being open 24 hours a couple of years ago.

Now their food is rather expensive and not as good as going to some place like Applebee's or the like, and its not that much faster if you go when they are busy. I chalk it up to them having to pay all those lawsuits for Racial Descrimination and the training for their workers. Theres nothing wrong with that, I just see that as the turning point in the quality and prices of their food.

Off topic, but I find that Maddox guy funny some of the time, although I can understand why some people hate him.

Thats true. When I went on holiday, I could see a Dennys sign from the hotel. lol :)

I liked the fodd there. True it was quite expensive, but it was still a bloddy sight cheaper than here in England, and you get free re-fills, which just doesn't happen here either.

Being English, I had th new fish and chips they have on the menu (of course - thats all us Brits eat). It actually wasnt that bad, but I had to choose a side order with it, and the options where just wierd. Baked potato? Apple sauce? Cheese!???! WHat ever happened to good old mushy peas? Oh, they didnt serve it with Tartar sauce of a slice of Lemon, but other than that it wasnt that bad.

They also did nice milkshakes to take away.

Come to think of it, the service was quite slow. lol. But the waitress did say that the freezer had broken and they had to keep going out to a cooler truck to get stuff, and she was being heckled by a group of rude people, so ill let them off :D

ChUnK!

Guest ISportsFan

I'm anti-Denny's anyway, even though there are numerous Denny's in my area.

IHOP > Denny's

Jason

Guest ISportsFan
Waffle House > IHOP > Dennys

Of course.

But, around these parts (suburban Chicago), there are no Waffle Houses.

Jason

Guest MaxPower27
I went to a Denny's outside of Syracuse five years ago, we where the only pepole in the place, just ordered very basic stuff like burgers, and it took over an hour for us to get our food.

That's typical behavior from the people at Denny's.

As Lance Storm once said in a commentary:

"Denny's: Come on, it's not like you expected to leave happy!"

Guest Choken One
Waffle House > IHOP > Dennys

Of course.

But, around these parts (suburban Chicago), there are no Waffle Houses.

Jason

NO WAY! I am SURE if you look around you'll find a Waffle House...

I've been through Chitown before and I KNOW I SAW ONE...

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Back in PA my late night stop was always either Eat 'n Park or Kings...