TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Submit your questions for BILL APTER!

My interview request with the one, the only Bill Apter was granted and I will be conducting an interview with him sometime within the next few days. For those unaware, Apter is the legendary wresling journalist who has met all of the greatest stars of the last three or four decades. He's written for PWI, WOW Magazine, and now Total Westling and he has agreed to an interview about his experiences in the business of pro wrestling. The famous wrestling writer and photographer will be answering questions of mine and those that are submitted.

To submit your questions for the interview, e-mail them to 0-0==-0==0=0 with the subject title "Bill Apter Questions" or something like that. You can also post them in this thread.

Congrats, I'm jealous.

Ask him if I can be his assistant and get him coffee.

Or, you could ask a more serious question like how he got involved in the wrestling journalism industry (something I wouldn't mind doing).

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I can't think of a specific question, but ask him about those fake interviews from Pro Wrestling Illustrated. And I don't mean that in a rude way. It friggin blew my mind when I found out about a year ago that those interviews were fake. Of course I was a mark back in the 80's when I used to read those magazines, but still, I had no idea.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Ask him how fun it was to work with the WOW writers. I loved that mag, because the writers made it seem like it was fun to work there.

Guest crandamaniac

I got a few questions I'd like to hear his answer to:

1. What's his thoughts on wrestling nowdays versus in the past? Does he think it's gotten worse, better, stayed somewhat the same? Why does he feel that way?

2. What's the best storyline/feud he's ever seen?

3. What Lessons should a wrestling promotion live by to stay successful? He's been around a long time so he's bound to have picked up something.

4. If he was stuck on a deserted Island and could only watch the matches of one wrestler, who would it be and why?

Guest Eagan469

Why did he keep his magazines kayfabe for all those years? How tough was it to do?

Did any promotions have "financial influence" over the rankings and how wrestlers were portrayed in his magazines?

Was there a working agreement between PWI and WCW circa-1994 (WCW wrestlers getting better write-ups, recognition of the year-end awards by WCW, etc.)

Were the major federations cooperative with your magazines throughout the years? Did they ever at any point try to shut you out in order to focus on sales of their own publications?

How does he feel about the current wrestling magazines that are in publication?

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Ask him for some photgraphy tips for a 35mm camera. Ideal film speed,settings...stuff along those lines.

And let him know the Scouting Reports segments on the NWA shows were well liked.