Guest Pa|adin

Beaten. Humiliated. Disgraced.

Guest Pa|adin

“You were BEATEN.”

“You were HUMILIATED.”

“You were DISGRACED.”

“That’s what they’ll say…”

“But I… Haha, I know better than they...”

A sorry sight can be seen in the ring tonight. He lies, dead to the world, surrounded by a collection of liquor bottles, shattered, as is his pride and his spirit…

With dried blood still clinging to his forehead lingering well after the contest, he stares up to the heavens, looking to the light for an answer, a sign, anything that will help him…

But nothing doing… god does not answer his call, nor does an angel appear to bring peace to his troubled life… something comes into view, blocking the heavenly glow from reaching the shattered mans eyes. The glow is instead replaced with cold, hard eyes, staring down at the broken man.

They come closer, until they are but an inch from his face, reaching into his green, distant eyes and peering into his very soul.

“You were angry, weren’t you?” He asks, turning his head slightly, knowing too well the answer.

“You ARE angry, aren’t you?” He grins, grunting out a laugh.

“How did it make you feel, to look up, a beaten and broken man, savagely attacked, humiliated on a world stage to hear… a cheer?”

The smile soon fades, as he stares down at his brother, lips pursed together, remembering the moment all too well from his position in the crowd.

“Pray tell, how did it make you feel? How did it make you feel, to see the more wicked, twisted among us, cheered as… as a, hero?”

Christian has to turn away, not able to meet his brother’s eyes, he too remembering the painful event, the scars still evident.

“No!” He yells, echoing through the empty arena, gripping his fingers around his brother’s jaw and bringing his gaze upon him once again. “How did it make you feel!? Would you shake this man’s hand!? You would congratulate him on a job well done!?”

Fumbling for words under his brother’s glare, Christian replies, “It’s… the code I live by-“

“Damn your code Christian! Damn it!” He cries almost frustrated, but composing himself, closing his eyes, then looking back to his brother. “I’m trying to open your eyes but still you do not see the message I am giving to you! Please Christian, open your eyes to the truth…”

He lets go of his brother, standing back up. He paces around the ring as Christian Blackwell’s eyes close, trying to find some solitude, but his brother won’t let him have his way…

“Since I was a child, I admired the way you lived your life. You were, and still are, a gentleman. You… We, might have been of less than noble origins, but you still conducted yourself with a quiet dignity, a noble in your own right. I tried so desperately to emulate you, to try and gain the respect that you had, but it was not to be… We were sent to opposite corners of the globe, and sadly, feelings of anger and bitterness began to grow inside of me…”

“Although I could never live up to the standards that you had set for yourself, I always admired the way you conducted yourself, in life, and in contest. I admired the code of honour that you believed so strongly in…”

Christian opens his eyes warmed by the pleasant times in his life, but his brother words shake him back to reality, to the present…

“BUT THERE IS NO HONOUR INSIDE OF THESE WALLS!”

Surprised by his brother’s sudden outburst, Christian looks at his brother as he breathes heavily, staring straight down. Without looking, he extends his hand to his brother, helping him to his feet.

“There is no reason to avoid the truth, Christian. The sooner you can face it, the sooner your life will turn around. Look around you, look where you are, look at the people you see every day… They are some of the lowest, most vile people you could ever meet. They will lie, they will cheat, they will beat you to an inch of your life for looking at them the wrong way, and do you know what? The fans LOVE them. They LOVE to see an innocent man get beaten to an inch of their life, they would even laugh, as if was for there pleasure.”

“What honour can be found in such a pursuit? To me, there is no honour left in this world, and you need to realize that…”

His brother steps closer, standing toe to toe with his brother…

“Christian, you cannot rely, you cannot trust anyone but yourself. You have an awesome talent and a pure mind… I seek not to poison your mind, but to keep it as it is, pure. Seeing you self-destruct is something I will not stand for, I will let them win. Your opponents, they seek for glory and fame and nothing else. You are different…”

Suddenly, his brother takes him in his arms, holding him close. Their eyes lock as his brother’s stern words imbed into Christian’s mind, his brother smiling again…

“I want them to be beaten… humiliated… disgraced, as that is all they deserve, and you, brother, deserve better, much, much better… Of course…”

His brother whispers into his ear…

“I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know…”

Guest Powerplay

*Bows*

This is an excellent losing promo, and I wish I could do shit like this as consistantly as Chris does. This is some great stuff, and I'm looking forwards to finding out for sure who your brother really is ;).

Guest Crowe

I finally get around to commenting on this piece of promoage. You've handled this angle, and its evolution magnificently... and I am DAMN SURE that I am not the only one who is deeply intrigued by this mysterious brother character.

Who could he be? Only time will tell...

Sign in to follow this