TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nudist with a Bomb

Booking the pregnancy angle...

Guest Nudist with a Bomb

I can totally understand why everyone is so negative about this storyline but if they do it like this it could be cool. After you are done reading mine write your own.

The next couple of weeks they just need to have lots of guys backstage acting nervous. Such as HHH is looking for someone backstage and comes across RVD, he asks where so-and-so is and RVD answers all the while avoiding eye contact with the game. They could set up little things like this with others too like Test, Rhyno (?) and others she "interacted" with in the Alliance. This works good because they are implying things happen without ever having to have actually state it. On RAW though Jericho needs to come out during the renewing of the vows and basically remind HHH of how he used to call her a slut and a ho all the time and say that it wasn't just talk. HHH would respond by asking how he knows this. Jericho then goes, "Umm, well, uhh ....... remeber room ### (foget the room number)." HHH gets furious and JR pipes in to remind us what that room number is. This perfectly sets up Angle's match with HHH at No Way Out. After the PPV Jericho admits that he has no idea what ever happened in room ### but sure would have liked to be in that room that night. He goes on to say he would've liked to give Steph his "UN-DISPUTED" lovin" like he did so many times while HHH was at home getting better. Leading to Wrestlemania Jericho would use this to play head games with HHH making him unsure whether he can trust his wife or not. In the week before WM HHH sends her packing fully convinced her and Y2J are in cahoots and are together. So going into Mania she is alone and scared, proclaiming at WM she "prove her love" but leaves it open as to who it is. So we all pay too much for the PPV and watch to see what happens, during the main event Steph comes to the ring and tries to hit Jericho with a chair but misses and Y2J starts slapping Steph. HHH quickly beats the crap out of Jericho. Once Y2J is laid out Hunter turns to his wife and hugs her and they smile and kiss ... while RVD comes up from behind and takes out HHH with a bong (just kidding ... a chair? his IC title?). RVD looks like he is headed for Steph and Steph looks like she is backing down when all the sudden she jumps into RVD's arms as they kiss and RVD listens for his baby. On the way out RVD puts Y2J's limp body over HHH's. On RAW RVD sends Steph home to "be pregnant and cool" and we don't have to hear from her for at least 7 months or so.

Wow ... I really got carried away there. As you can tell I am a fan of story lines ... even if it botches finishes.

Guest Tony149

I gave my idea of how the angle could take a really interesting turn in the Smackdown spoilers thread , but it didn't go over so well. Which is understandable, since the WWF would piss off people with an miscarriage angle that would involve Steph getting hit with a baseball bat by the sick and brutal force of the nWo (Both angles aren't very popular, but seeing that happening would be shocking). Leaving HHH & Vince a bloody mess, turning Vince face and brining in Eric Bischoff as the man really calling the shots. That angle could still be done without the miscarriage, as they could later say Steph lied about being pregnant, but she still took the beating.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i think nudist's idea is a bit overbooked, as they will probably be trying to blow off the whole steph is a slut angle at mania.  i'll assume they go the logical way with jericho as father, and this will allow him to cast doubts over the child's parentage, leading to steph going with jericho soon after no way out.  then at mania, trips can defeat jericho, the evil adulterer for the title, ridding himself of his heel wife (who will go with jericho) and giving himself no distractions as he begins to do battle with the nWo.  it also adds another dimension to his character, as it humanises him by showing him as the spurned husband.

Guest ~

My idea is way overbooked but I guess that's how I like them.  Greater Power was my favorite storyline, at least until the payoff.  I just don't want Steph to be with Jericho because instead of marking out every time Jericho comes out I'll be groaning and turning down the volume.  Actually come to think of it, it does make sense to have Jericho have Steph if he is going to lose the belts since after all his whole character is about having the belts and once he loses them he'll need something to do.

Guest Dark Lotus

If they're serious about getting Test over as a major player, they should make HIM the father and play the revenge angle out for a while.  Give him a reason to be feuding with a main eventer instead of just throwing him in matches with Austin and the Rock for no reason other than JR's hardon for him.

The best way to get this angle started would be to have one of HHH's friends come to him, shake his hand and  congratulate him then casually say "So, are you sure it's yours?"  When HHH glares at him, he can innocently say "Well you know, it's just what I've heard. I'm not saying anything, but I heard she was really popular while you were laid up." At this point HHH can proceed to lay a beating on him.  This will get the ball rolling, then at the renewing of the vows, Jericho can show up with some video evidence, or even better, someone else can show up with some video evidence or Jericho with Steph.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

if you havent had the opportunity, head over to the OO forums

http://www.onlineonslaught.com

and read rick scaia's ULTIMATE POETIC JUSTICE idea...just click on his profile and check his posts, its a sweet idea, though it does involve test...

i won't spoil it, but I think it's the best ive heard so far

Guest AaronMarco
I can totally understand why everyone is so negative about this storyline but if they do it like this it could be cool. After you are done reading mine write your own.

I thought we agreed to stop encouraging them.

Guest J*ingus

Preggers angles always suck, there's pretty much never been a good one.  A major problem with them is that fans kind of tend to expect an actual baby out of these things, resulting in:

1.She's really shoot pregnant.  Which makes the WWF pretty offensive in capitalizing on something as personal that.  Vince McMahon III: "I was part of an angle before I was even born!"  Also, complications can occur; remember when the Katey Segal on Married With Children was pregnant, so the writers used it and made Peg pregnant in the show, but then Katey miscarried and the show was up a creek?  

2.She's not really pregnant.  Which means the whole thing is just another bullshit angle.  As the fans chanted so clearly last Monday.  

Either way, it sucks.  Bookers of the world: DON'T DO PREGNANCY ANGLES.

>>if you havent had the opportunity, head over to the OO forums http://www.onlineonslaught.com and read rick scaia's ULTIMATE POETIC JUSTICE idea

What's Scaia's username at onslaught, either that or what forum is it in?  I couldn't find it.  I can guess what it's going to say, but I'd like to check that column out.

Never mind, found it Current Events » Ok, i'll be the mark here....

Guest Tony149

I just read what Scaia wrote about the angle. That's a pretty good idea. Even if it involves Test.

Guest The Shockmaster!

I'd book it that she is really pregnant, is told to stay off her feet and gets lots of bedrest by her doctor, decides to be a stay at home mom after the little tyke is born and we never see Stephanie on TV again.

Best angle ever.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

that would mean that stephanie would have her ego in check

wait for it....

nope, hell didn't freeze over

NEXT!

Guest EricMM76

Thats what I'm saying, just have the whole wedding vows thing, make steph seem almost quasi face so the fans stop caring about her, then have the nWo come out and interfere, HHH then asks steph FOR HER OWN SAFETY to go home and deliver the baby and whatnot.

Then they can say she miscarried it randomly.  Or had it and (in respose to HHH's wishes) doesn't want to bring everything McMahon into the spotlight.  Thats actually a valid point.  Vince didn't bring shane on when he was 1 week old....

-Eric