TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

M-Dogg 20 to Ring of Honor?

I talked to M-Dogg 20 yesterday and asked him about the rumors he was in talks with ROH. Well, he revealed some interesting stuff...

He said he was in contact w/ ROH through a middle man to appear at Round Robin Challenge 2 a few weeks ago. He made it clear that the talks weren't centered on a permanent position in the company, but just a one-time apearance. He said that it wasn't like they had centered the entire booking of the show around his appearance or anything like that, though. He said that the talks ended when the middle man told him that they didn't want to risk any backlash from anti-XPW promotions if they used him. He also made it very clear, once again, that the talks weren't abouta long-erm spot and that he was probably one of hundreds that the had talked to about spot.

M-Dogg also told me that he's looking forward to when XPW returns and that the last time he talked to them, they told him that they weren't done yet. He also trashed the Internet feuds between promotions that the fans make out to be heated"rivals," but they're really not.

I've divulged some more info that I've learned, but didn't post about, on this matter to former-CZW referee and Internet writer Derek Sobato (who I also must plug in saying is a very cool guy), so look for that to be posted in his next column on ProWrestlingRadio.com.

I also just talked to Gabe Sapolsky, who told me that there were never any talks nor any interest *whatsoever* in M-Dogg and criticized M-Dogg for "starting rumors himself" about such a matter. He said he'd no better than anyone b/c he's the booker for ROH and he "would never book him on a show."

ROH referee Joe told me that - as Gabe said - there had never been any negotiations between the parties, but also mentioned that he had no idea whether M-Dogg had called up ROH to ask about a possible spot and to ask Gabe about that because he had no idea. As mentioned above, I did that and Gabe denied everything.

Another wierd turn in this whole fiasco...

I really don't think M-Dogg would completely lie about this. Plus, Mr. Sobato did state that there were rumors that he had heard about this even before begining to investigate it himself, so I imagine there was some talks, but very not serious ones. Sounds like M-Dog was truthful that there were talks, but exaggerated a bit. That's how I interpret the whole matter. I may be wrong and it may be the other way around, but I just don't see the whole rumor that was started as being completely, absolutely wrong and M-Dogg as completely lying.

For more information on M-Dogg 20, visit http://www.mdogg20.com/

For more information on ROH, visit http://www.rohwrestling.com/

Guest Sandman9000

When it comes to in-air agility, M-Dogg is one of the best, if not the best, in terms of high-risk manuevers.

Aside from that, he sucks, big time. He needs to be carried heavily, and never looks natural in the ring. Even CM Punk couldn't carry M-Dogg to a good match, which says something.

M-Dogg doesn't belong in ROH, not as a mystery partner, not even as a Special K member where all he'd have to do is spot.

When it comes to in-air agility, M-Dogg is one of the best, if not the best, in terms of high-risk manuevers.

Aside from that, he sucks, big time. He needs to be carried heavily, and never looks natural in the ring. Even CM Punk couldn't carry M-Dogg to a good match, which says something.

M-Dogg doesn't belong in ROH, not as a mystery partner, not even as a Special K member where all he'd have to do is spot.

M-Dogg/Red, A. Dragon, Ki, etc. would all be cool to see in ROH.

Guest ShooterJay

M. Dogg 20 vs. American Dragon would be fun to see just for the sheer hilarity in the mismatch.

M. Dogg 20 vs. American Dragon would be fun to see just for the sheer hilarity in the mismatch.

M-Dogg obviously isn't nearly as good a worker as Dragon, but their styles are somewhat similar, they've got virtually the same build, etc. It'd be a mismatch in terms of talent, but not in terms of style.

Guest Youth N Asia

When it comes to Spot-Dogg 20 the less I see the better. He's a hell of a gymnist, but he's a shitter of a wrestler.

And the less of the Sonja-slow-my-computer-down clip I see the better

Guest ShooterJay

Sorry YNA, I didn't know it slowed computers down, it's no problem on mine, I'll find a good still pic instead.

Guest Sandman9000

He might have had the basics (don't fall on head) shown to him, but I doubt he was "officially" trained.

Guest ShooterJay

I remember on the CZW Website, his trainer was listed as "CAPW Training Center."

M-Dogg's official site in his Bio says "MDogg received his professional training at the Cleveland All Pro Training Center in Cleveland Ohio and has continued to hone his skills in rings across the Midwest" so take that as is.

All I remember of this guy is him jumping off bleachers in the Backyard wrestling tapes.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

M-Dogg obviously isn't nearly as good a worker as Dragon, but their styles are somewhat similar, they've got virtually the same build, etc. It'd be a mismatch in terms of talent, but not in terms of style.

What in the hell are you smoking, and where do I get some?

What in the hell are you smoking, and where do I get some?

lol

I was waiting for someone to butcher him/her for that.

Perhaps theres two AmDrag's or M-Dogg's out there, and we're talking about different ones :lol:

ChUnK!

Guest Youth N Asia
Josh Pro > M-Dogg

Ham Sandwich > Jo Pro > Spot-Monkey20

Have u not seen M-Dogg's matches in CZW and CAWF? Like Dragon, he has a lot of submissions, chops, etc. which he uses. Just because he also is an aerial guy doesn't mean that he can't also use the ground-based stuff that Dragon does, as he's shown in the past he can use.

Guest Youth N Asia

I'm tired of people getting credit cause they can throw on a submission every now and then. That's gotta be the easiest thing to do in wrestling. But he's a Spot Monkey plain and simple, that's most of his stuff, thus I can't get in to him.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

The only time I've seen M-Dogg was at Night of Infamy against Ruckus and Sonjay. It wasn't a bad match per say, but I can't really see him on a level as American Dragon. It just doesn't seem like his style. He just seemed like a spot monkey to me who can climb one of the pillars and jump off of it onto his opponents.

Guest ShooterJay

MDogg20 matches I've seen- No Excuses, UFOE, Night of Infamy, COD4, BOTB2.

That's basically most of his CZW career, and I never saw him do a submission- EVER.

He definitely didn't do any in XPW, because he was all of those matches were tag spotfests.

Guest Tim Cooke

MDogg should be wrestling on a trampoline in his backyard, not in a wrestling ring.

Tim

Guest Youth N Asia
MDogg should be wrestling on a trampoline in his backyard, not in a wrestling ring.

Tim

Well shortly before CZW he was. He's a simi well known backyard wrestler...if there is such a thing

Guest Sandman9000

M-Dogg tagged with Nick Mondo to face the Backseats at Night of Infamy. Indy Queen, you're probably thinking of Cage of Death 4, where M-Dogg faced Ruckus and Sonjay.

I agree with ShooterJay in that I've never seen M-Dogg do a submission, much less sell one. To compare a spot "artist" like Matt to an accomplished mat wrestler such as AmDrag is ludicrous.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

Yes you're right. I went to both shows and I mixed them up.

Either way there is no way in hell he can do submission moves or at least from what I have seen and read he hasn't done it.

I've seen all of his matches vs. Josh in CZW and many of his bouts in IWC and CAWF and he's used submissions a ffew times. Nobdoy said he's as good a wrestler as American Dragon. Red isn't a good worker by any means. He's a spot artist and that' sall, but isn't it true that he has had great bouts with AD?

Guest Daddy X

It's good to see that M-Dogg has finally found a career in professional wrestling, but when your claim to fame is being the star of the "Best of Backyard Wrestling" tapes, I don't know if you belong in Ring of Honor.

It's good to see that M-Dogg has finally found a career in professional wrestling, but when your claim to fame is being the star of the "Best of Backyard Wrestling" tapes, I don't know if you belong in Ring of Honor.

I dont really agree with that at all.

Doesn't wrestling in the backyard show that you have a genuine passion and love for profesional wrestling. So much so that you are willing to take bumps on hard ground and take the effort and time to set up your own 'promotion'.

Fair enough, when BYW consists of just crazy stunts, then you can criticise. However, not all BYW promotions are like this. When they involve storylines and 'safe' wrestling, where is the real harm in them.

Yes there's a danger, but no more so than by playing footbal or hockey.

I know the BOBY tapes are based around the crazy stunts, but not all pro wrestlers with a BY background were involved in groups like the ones seen on those tapes.

People judge Backyard wrestling to quickly in my opinion.

Guest Sandman9000

I dont really agree with that at all.

Doesn't wrestling in the backyard show that you have a genuine passion and love for profesional wrestling. So much so that you are willing to take bumps on hard ground and take the effort and time to set up your own 'promotion'.

Fair enough, when BYW consists of just crazy stunts, then you can criticise. However, not all BYW promotions are like this. When they involve storylines and 'safe' wrestling, where is the real harm in them.

Yes there's a danger, but no more so than by playing footbal or hockey.

I know the BOBY tapes are based around the crazy stunts, but not all pro wrestlers with a BY background were involved in groups like the ones seen on those tapes.

People judge Backyard wrestling to quickly in my opinion.

That's what M-Dogg's backyard "career" was like. He, Josh Pro, and Josh Pro's brother Creeping Death had nothing but garbage brawls. M-Dogg's initial claim to fame was that he was the kid on the videos jumping off of balconies and putting Josh Pro through a table.

Yeah, I have a few of the BW Tapes and the stuff they put on those tapes is all just garbage wrestling with some idiots jumping off of houses and stuff. No story telling at all.

That's what M-Dogg is known for, not any wrestling skill.

Guest Daddy X

I wasn't trying to put down backyard wrestling at all. In fact I myself used to really into it and still do wrestle from time to time. But I don't wrestle garbage matches or anything of the like. However that's what M-Dogg 20 did do in the backyard which is what my point was.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

The BYW tapes also clip matches HEAVILY, so while a Josh Pro/M-Dogg match MIGHT have been 15 minutes or so, you get 4 minutes of it.

I'm withholding comment on either Josh Pro or M-Dogg until i see some of their pro work.