TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

FWA/ROH: Frontiers of Honour

Yeah, I know its two weeks away, but Meh! This show is gonna be huge, and will appeal to you guys in the states as well as us on this side of the pond.

The FWA are also very good at changing the card at the last minute, for one reason or another :) and they also release details over time. So any updates can be posted in this here thread.

In the mean time, heres the card so far to date:

Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm, Ulf Herman, Flash Barker

and more stars of the FWA take on

Steve Corino, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki

and more stars of the Ring of Honor.

Jody Fleisch vs Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels

Flash Barker vs Low Ki

Wonderkid Jonny Storm vs AJ Styles

Birchill debuts in the ring vs Duke of Danger and Simmons

The Family vs Alex Shane, Ulf Herman & Nikita

Show details:

SATURDAY 17TH MAY

York Hall, Bethnal Green, London E2

Doors 6pm

Tickets available from Sunday 4th from

Ticketmaster on 0870 5 344 444,

or in person at ticket centres in selected Virgin Megastores, Beatties and Waitroise. Book online at www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Ticket prices (Booking fees apply):

* Gold Ringside £55: With Limited edition FWA Vs ROH T shirt, Limited edition FWA video, VIP bar and early entry to the event.

* Silver Ringside £35: With Limited edition FWA Vs ROH T shirt.

* Gold Balcony £45 : Same as Gold Ringside package

* Other floor seats are £20 , £15 and £10

* Other balcony seats are £25, £15 and £10

And the next day on Sunday 18th May there will be a Fan Fest plus a special edition Job Squad in the evening.

Any thoughts anyone?

ChUnK!

Guest WhenDanSaysJump

Life's like this sometimes.

You want a break, so you book yourself a few days in Barcelona so you can kick back and relax.

Then a couple of weeks later you find out that your trip coincides with the best bloody wrestling event you could possibly envisage taking place within easily traversible distance.

Why must you mock me with this thread? :angry: ;)

Sorry Dan, nothing personal mate :D The date has been known for a little while now though. Just the way it goes sometimes I guess.

Updates on the card are as follows:

Jack Xavier Vs Mikey Whipwreck

James Tighe Vs Paul London

My thoughts on the card. Well frankly it looks bloddy excellent, and i think any promotion in the world is gonna have to go some this year to beat it.

I do have a slight complaint though. To me, I feel the Ki will be the top draw of all the talent coming over. Yet Ki is facing Flash Barker.

I like Flash as much as the next man, but he hasnt been wrestling for FWA much lately due to illness, and he probably isnt as over as Storm/Fleisch/Doug. I would have put Ki up against one of those three.

Ki can Fly as well as work the mat, but Flash has been working garbage brawls lately for the FWA. I would have put Barker (or Ulf) up against Steve Corino, and then put Ki against one of Storm/Fliesch/Doug.

It still looks like a fantastic card though, and the fact that DOug still doesnt have an opponent is looking promising.

He could always not show up for the show, but im holding out for AmDrag to make the trip over and face hime for the title. If that happens, allow me to be the first person to jump off a bridge through mark out!

Any thoughts?

ChUnK!

Shhhhh. Listen carefully ... can you hear that ??? ... thats the sound of my heart ripping in two :( :( :(

On a more serious note, is it me, or is the FWA the most unlucky fed around when it comes to clashes with other shows?

We had all the annoyance of Chris Daniels not being able to make it to defend the title, then we had the shaky iron man with Lynn (good match - dodgy finish) and all the re-match #1 contendership matches to stall until the title defence, then we had Doug finally win the title ON FOREIGN SOIL! And now this.

Nothing against the FWA, they just seem to be unlucky when it comes to main event talent making shows. It does suck though. You have to admit. FWA's biggest ever show and the title is being defended.

ChUnK!

Guest biggstevie

Shame American Dragon wont be able 2 make the show as hes the new World Heavy-Middleweight Champion!! and is booked 2 wrestle on every allstar show to june sometime.

Shame American Dragon wont be able 2 make the show as hes the new World Heavy-Middleweight Champion!! and is booked 2 wrestle on every allstar show to june sometime.

Shame theres no All star shows near me.

Thought I would keep the thread ticking over by posting Mikey's thoughts on the upcoming show:

(From frontierwrestling.com)

So straight down to business Mikey as I know you are a busy man. What were your thoughts when you heard about Frontiers of Honour and the concept of the guys from RoH going against the FWA?

I've been hearing nothing but good things about FWA. Over here in the States they have a reputation similar to Ring Of Honor using the best hungry young talent putting on Strong Style, Lucha, and Hardcore matches and giving the fans 110% every match. When the ROH office told me about the joint show putting FWA vs. ROH I thought it was a really cool idea since It is something You can't really do in the States because there are so many Independent wrestling companies and none of them has the overall quality ROH has and most of them utilize the same talent. Also it's different because most of the FWA guys are never seen in the US and most of the ROH guys aren't seen in the UK often so it's a nice change of pace.

You have just been added to the card today and it has been announced your opponent will be one of the biggest rising stars in the UK, Jack Xavier. What are your thoughts on the match upcoming and what can the British fans expect from Mikey Whipwreck?

To say I was shocked that I was added to the show would be an understatement. When FWA contacted me about appearing on the show I was wondering Why in god's name would they want me when they have Christopher Daniels, Low-Ki, AJ, and Paul London. I mean these are THE TOP free agents in the US and when you add the top UK talent like Jonny Storm, Jody Flesich, Doug Williams and Jack Xavier it really is an honor to be on this show. I just hope that Jack and I can have and entertaining match and that the fan's are happy with what we do. the fans can expect everything my body has left to give and I hope it's enough to please the fans.

Now for a few of the RoH guys it will be there first time in England, but you are no stranger to England yourself. What was the experience like when you first wrestled in the UK in the mid to late 90s for the EWA?

The wrestling experience was really really cool. The fans were loud and into everything going on in the ring. Now as far as the talent across the ring from me that's another story entirely and we don't have 45 days for me to get into it

One of the other stars from the EWA days is current FWA star Ulf Herman who also briefly appeared in ECW. What are your memories of Ulf Herman, who has since become a cult star on the British wrestling scene thanks to his hardcore matches in the FWA.

Ulf is Awesome. He always worked hard in the ring, had good matches and deserved more then he got in ECW but that was how Paul Heyman did things. He'd been put in a crappy position to see if they were dedicated to ECW and if they stuck around after about 6 months he'd give them a better spot in the card but Ulf was here from Germany and couldn't stick around waiting. If coming in from Germany doesn't show dedication then nothing will. Before the ECW pay-per view in New Orleans, Louisiana they had a huge Halloween Parade and Party on Bourbon Street (sort of Like Piccadilly Circus with a gothic theme and EVERYONE is drunk and having a good time, including the police!!!!) So ECW has a big flatbed truck and all the wrestlers are piled in the back throwing out party favors to everyone and drinking beer. After about and Hour of being in this parade we are all feeling "pretty good" and Ulf and I decide to climb over the cab of the truck and onto the hood. Ulf see's something interesting on his side of the truck and turns to tell me to look but as he does he hits me in the face with a full beer can and knocks me down and through the windshield of this truck. All I can do is look at the driver and say, "want a beer"? It was a real good time until I had $1700.00 deducted from my paycheck to pay for the windshield so Ulf if you read this please feel free to hand over $850.00.

The UK wrestling scene in general has changed drastically since those EWA times with the FWA leading the way. You must be curious to see what the fans are like in the UK now.

If the UK fans are as rabid as I remember them being or even 1/2 as rabid it's going to be a real good time on the 17th.

Most of the fans will remember you from your days in ECW but you are now a member of RoH what are your thoughts on the promotion and how are you fitting into the style.

ROH is unbelievable. The effort the guys put into their performances is like nothing I've seen since the early days of ECW. As far as fitting in with the style I don't know. I just go out there and do what I have to do. I won't try and compete physically with these guys because my body just couldn't handle it. 2 bad knees , 2 herniated discs, and 14 concussions has left me unable to wrestle the ROH style full time. I can do 1 match and after about 2-3 weeks I'll start to feel pretty good again. I remember Mick Foley telling me that all the stupid bumps I was taking and not taking the proper amount of time off to let injuries heel would leave me crippled in a few years and he was right.

Now you are somewhat of a multi-talent as you have trained one of the biggest up and coming stars on the US indy scene in the Amazing Red. What were your thoughts on him when you first started training him and what are they now on seeing what he has achieved so far?

When I first saw Red he had such raw talent that I told him That he had "IT". He looked at me as if I had 3 heads, though that's nothing new to me since most people find me to be a bit off in the head. I told him to trust and listen to me and he would be a star one day. I look at Red now and feel very proud to be his teacher. My one gripe about him is he still has a hard time admitting that he's hurt and taking the proper time off to heel. Then of course I did the same thing so really what can I say.

Besides yourself who is your personal favourite RoH star who is making the trip with you to Bethnal Green?

Christopher Daniels. I am such a fan of his it's almost embarrassing.

Now you are a seasoned ring campaigner, do you think full time coaching will be the next step for you when you decide to call it a day once and for all? Is seasoned another way of saying old and crippled?

I don't think I want to coach people on a full time basis. when I train someone I test them first to see what they are made of and if I feel they have the athletic ability to become a pro wrestler. Most schools in my area just take people to get their money and don't care what happens to them after they pay. If the student wants to dedicate themselves to becoming a wrestler then I have no problem dedicating my time but those people come around very rarely.

Thanks Mikey for your time and we look forward to seeing you at Frontiers of Honour on May 17th.

Guest tigerdrivah91

This show is gonna RULE SO MUCH...

and i am going!!! HAHAHAHA

:headbang:

ALSO ANNOUNCED Zebra Kid vs Samoa Joe :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Beat me to posting that news :D

Its good news indeed, I just cant help but wish Doug was on the show. That would really make it complete for me. It just doesnt feel complete without Doug or the FWA title.

ChUnK!

Just bumping this thread, because the show is tommorow.

I dont think many people stateside appreciate the size of this show. Not only is it the biggest show in British Wrestling history, but it will also be the biggest show in ROH history.

Alex Shane made a good point the other day on this subject.

What is the largest audience that ROH has ever drawn? Does anyone know the exact figure? As far as I know its around 500-600.

Well this FWA/ROH show sold 400 tickets on the first day alone!!!

The expected attendence is between 800 and 1000, making it the largest ROH show ever!

I dont think ROH or many American fans appreciate the size of this show!

ChUnK!

Guest Miss Indy Queen

This does sound like a really good show and I even convinced my friend who lives in the UK to get her BUTT to this show! I wish I can go to it but I know they'll have a tape of it . So for anyone who goes, are you planning on doing a report or summary of the show?

This does sound like a really good show and I even convinced my friend who lives in the UK to get her BUTT to this show! I wish I can go to it but I know they'll have a tape of it . So for anyone who goes, are you planning on doing a report or summary of the show?

I think I can manage that for ya! :D

Someone else is bound to do it aswell.

There will be a tape of the show, but it will probably only be in PAL format, so your VCR might not play it.

ChUnK!

Guest Andy
This does sound like a really good show and I even convinced my friend who lives in the UK to get her BUTT to this show!  I wish I can go to it but I know they'll have a tape of it .  So for anyone who goes, are you planning on doing a report or summary of the show?

I think I can manage that for ya! :D

Someone else is bound to do it aswell.

There will be a tape of the show, but it will probably only be in PAL format, so your VCR might not play it.

ChUnK!

RF Video have USA distribution rights and will be selling it in NTSC.

It should be an awesome show...

and hopefully Zebra Kid will get his ass kicked by Samoa Joe. :)

Cheers - A.

Guest tpww7

Results..

James Tighe defeated Paul London

Jack Xavier defeated Mikey Whipwreck

Paul Birchall defeated Double Dragons

AJ Styles defeated Jonny Storm

Samoa Joe defeated Zebra Kid in an ROH title match. Originally this was scheduled as a non-title match, but Joe demanded to ROH & FWA officials to make it a ROH title match so he could bring the belt to world title status.

The Family defeated Alex Shane, Ulf Herman & Nikita

Flash Barker vs Low Ki went to a draw

Jody Fleisch defeated Christopher Daniels

Guest Andy

I was there.

Excellent event. Samoa Joe vs Zebra Kid and Lo-Ki vs Flash Barker were very stiff.

Main event was great too.

People - you have to get hold of a tape of this when it's available.

Cheers.

Guest Andy
I missed the mainevent as i had to catch the train home. :(

FWA events never start on time. It's fucking annoying to be honest.

Cheers - A.

Guest juvvy

Hey u posted wrong

Daniels beat Fleisch(the ROH web site was wrong and has now changed it)

It was an awesome show indeed.

MissIndy, the results have allready been posted, so I won't do it again.

I can thourougly recomend the tape to anyone. The York Hall was packed with about 900 people, and the atmosphere was out standing.

A few spots were botched at vital moments, but apart from that everything lived up to the hype. (Jonny missing the chair shot and Lynskey screwing over styles after the springboard 450 splash, for example).

Highlights of the night included:

AJ Styles hitting a spring board 450 splash to pin Jonny Storm.

Nikita diving off the 20 ft balcony.

Jody Fleish hitting a springboard (off a chair) hurricanrana on Daniels, on the ramp way!

Alex shane putting one of the family (i forget who) through a table off the ramp way.

Paul Travell hitting a Tornado DDT off the entrance way scafholding (which must have been a good 12-15ft high) to Alex Shane.

And many many more. I highly recomend anyone picking up the tape if they can.

Low Ki/Barker was very stiff but neither man busted out anything huge. This might have been due to Ki's injured shoulder, but ive got a feeling it was deliberately booked like this.

Alex Shane did a similar thing with Lynn/Williams at Uprising. He hyped it big time and then only gave the match about 15 minutes (roughly). He then booked the 30 minute iron man between the two guys, a couple of months afterwards.

I've heard Alex talking about how he wants Flash Barker to make the trip to ROH in the states, and so I think we could be treated to Barker/Ki round two in the near future. Should be awesome :D

That match could make people take note of Barker, and hence get him some international bookings. Lets hope so.

Awesome night. Check it out if you can.

ChUnK!

Where abouts are you from?

The US version is scheduled to be released by RF video on the 31st of this month. Hopefully the UK version will be out at the same time.

ChUnK!

Guest Miss Indy Queen

My friend went to it and she said she had a really good time as well. From the reports I have read, it sounds like a must see show. I'm definitely picking up the tape from RF.

My friend went to it and she said she had a really good time as well. From the reports I have read, it sounds like a must see show. I'm definitely picking up the tape from RF.

Awesome. Let us know what you think of it.

I'll try and get a more detailed report written, if I get a chance.

ChUnK!

Guest Andy

The US version is scheduled to be released by RF video on the 31st of this month. Hopefully the UK version will be out at the same time.

ChUnK!

Apparently RF are only doing a fancam of it.

According to Elisar, the FWA version will not be out till the end of June, and that will only be part one.

ChUnK!

Apparently RF are only doing a fancam of it.

According to Elisar, the FWA version will not be out till the end of June, and that will only be part one.

Sounds like a long wait. But Id rather wait than have a fan cam.

A fan cam wont do the show justice.

ChUnK!

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I hate fan cam tapes but I guess I'll have to make due.

I hate fan cam tapes but I guess I'll have to make due.

Yeah, its a shame really. I would have thought that RF would have made the extra effort, Im not sure why they can't use footage from FWA camera's?

Also, I believe that the US version won't be sold outside of the USA, and vice versa, so you have little choice unfortunately.

Still I can't really complain, its not often that you guys in the US are the ones that lose out :)

ChUnK!