TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

Bad feeling about the IC Battle Royal

Billy Gunn is supposed to be coming back to the WWE on the Raw brand. Billy is a former IC title champion. The WWE is doing an IC Title Battle Royal open to any Raw brand former IC champions.

My horrible theory: Billy Gunn is a suprise entrant into the Battle Royal and wins the belt, getting yet another God-Push to punish us for begging them to bring back the IC title....

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I was thinking Test would win it and then drop the belt to Steiner, but somehow you've come up with something much worse.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I'd rather have Billy get the title than Test or Steiner. The one person I really want to get the belt, though, is Rico. I think he could benefit greatly, especially if he gets away from 3MW.

Guest Redhawk

There are lots of surprise-entrant possibilities: Chyna, Jeff Hardy, Road Dogg, X-Pac, Scott Hall...

But haven't they all burned bridges/more or less been blackballed due to drug use?

Guest Kotzenjunge

I think JasonX just predicted the outcome for us. Personally, I'd love to see the Hurricane get it.

(is seriously considering going to Raw in Greenville instead of the PPV in Charlotte now)

Guest Redhawk
But haven't they all burned bridges/more or less been blackballed due to drug use?

I wasn't serious, you know.

I wasn't serious, you know.

Oh, uh, yeah, of course! :::nervous laugh:::

Guest Lightning Flik

If Billy does show up, it'll just show how useless the brand seperation truly is.

What will his gimmick be? Will he go back to being "The One?"

Since somebody is bound to ask here is the list of active workers on the Raw roster who are former IC champs (not including HHH, Nash, or Austin):

Kane

Chris Jericho

Rob Van Dam

Test

Christian

Lance Storm

Goldust

Chief Morley (if he's reinstated in the storyline)

Shawn Michaels

Pretty small battle royal and that's if all 9 participate. They will probably go with an even number so figure either HBK or Morley won't be in it. I don't know why they don't just do a tournament. Oh I could see them getting cute and putting in Pat Patterson in the match.

Edited by Bored

What will his gimmick be? Will he go back to being "The One?"

Either that or they will bring him in as an ally of HHH's to help further the illusion that HHH is Flair incarnate by having Billy become his bastardized version of Tully Blanchard......

Guest El Satanico

argh...i friggin hate Battle Royales.

A tournament ending at the PPV, would've been so much better.

Guest El Satanico

Billy Boy was on Smackdown? Well most of the fans won't remember that so why bother explaining him being on Raw.

I hope they don't explain it, because if they do it's a good sign of a big push which would likely result in winning the IC.

Guest Lightning Flik
Perhaps they'll trade Morley for Gunn to explain his entrance.

raps, Morley was fired. Remember?

...oh wait. Consistancy=/=WWE Logic

Guest Space_Cowboy

Billy Boy vs Test, IC Title feud, you know that's what we're going to get. More pushes to the moon for both of them!

Oh and just for fun here is a list of living IC champs who are not in the WWE for people to speculate the odds of a surprise appearance that won't happen by one of them.

Jeff Hardy

Chyna

Jeff Jarrett

D'Lo Brown

Godfather

Road Dogg

Ken Shamrock

Marc Mero

Ahmed Johnson

Shane Douglas

Scott Hall

Marty Jannetty

Bret Hart

Ultimate Warrior

Honky Tonk Man

Ricky Steamboat

Randy Savage

Tito Santana

Greg Valentine

Pedro Morales

Ken Patera

Guest Ray

Have 8 men in a battle royal

Kane

Test

Goldust

Lance Storm

Rob Van Dam

Christian

Chris Jericho

Shawn Michaels

Guest Lightning Flik

When the fuck did Shane Douglas EVER hold the IC title? The United States title, yes. IC title? I don't remember that.

Guest Lightning Flik
Here is what I think about the Intercontinental Title....

Have 8 men in the battle royal (in order of elimination)-

Test

Kane

Goldust

Lance Storm

Rob Van Dam

Christian

Chris Jericho

and.....Shawn Michaels

To add prestige to the new belt, put it on Michaels. A big name like that would firmly establish the IC championship again.

Next month is Badd Blood (the first Raw only ppv, if reports are correct). Without the Smackdown stars participating, wwe will need something big on the card.

Have HBK lose the title to Chris Jericho in a....ladder match.

It would be the perfect end to that feud, it would attract viewers, and most importantly, it would put over Jericho.

Thoughts??

Comments??

At first glance when I Shawn Michaels I thought FUCK NO!

...however, since Jericho did say he'd be in it, that almost makes perfect sense to do.

Yet, it does two things make the IC title better than the World title and bring both men from MEs down to nothingness.

Problem with the above statement I made, Jericho did say he was in, so if he's in, I wouldn't doubt Michaels to be in.

Guest treble charged

I think Michaels should be kept off TV until Judgment Day and be a 'surprise entrant' in the battle royal, eliminating Jericho last to win the belt. Continues the Jericho/HBK feud and adds some prestige to the title.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That doesn't add prestige to the title.

Being able to defend it every show adds prestige to the title.

If HBK touches another title it's just more counterproductive

Guest Youth N Asia
When the fuck did Shane Douglas EVER hold the IC title? The United States title, yes. IC title? I don't remember that.

He was handed the belt at an IYH ppv, cause Shawn "couldn't work," had it for about 10 minutes, then jobbed it to Razor

A Jericho or RVD Title Regin would make me a very happy man, those two could put on another stellar performance like they did at KOTR 2002. HBK would be OK as IC champ, but it just wouldn't look right, like Triple H having the belt in 2001. Just didn't look right.

Guest Kotzenjunge

The Honky Tonk Man WILL be there. I mean, come on, he's gotta be there as the Greatest Intercontinental Champion of ALL TIME~!

Although I'd simultaneously shit myself and die laughing if Jeff Jarrett shows up. Given the potential surprises and the fact that I've never seen Hogan, er, Mr. America live in person, I think I'll go to the PPV instead of Raw.

Yes, I let Hogan's presence be the deciding factor in purchasing a ticket to a show.

(hands over Smark badge)

Fuck it, I'm still a little kid, and I'll mark out like crazy for "Real American." Back on topic though, if Mr. America uses that music, what would Pat Patterson use for his music if he were in the battle royal?