TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SweetNSexyDiva

"It" by Stephen King

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

I am reading it now and it is pretty good so far. I know, it's an old book! I've had it on my bookshelf forever, but I just haven't had the opportunity to read it. The only thing is there's lots of grammatical errors and it is bugging the crap out of me!

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I finished it in five days, it's a Hell of alot better than the TV movie.

It was one of my favorite books when I read it....back in the fifth grade. There's one chapter towards the end where things get hot and steamy and when I was a kid...it captivated me.

I mark out for Pennywise to this day.

Dames

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

I didn't watch the movie either! I am a pretty quick reader, so I expect I'll get it done in the next day or so.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva
It was one of my favorite books when I read it....back in the fifth grade. There's one chapter towards the end where things get hot and steamy and when I was a kid...it captivated me.

Dames

LOL, I told you I had it for a while! How long ago was 5th grade? Er, never mind. :)

Guest DrTom

I was in 5th or 6th grade when I read It. King wasn't a hack when he wrote it, and I remember thinking it was one of his better books, a notch below personal faves like The Stand and Needful Things. The movie does it no justice at all, though.

Guest Vyce

Dames

"We all float down here.....and when you're down here with us, YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!!!!"

Seriously, Tim Curry fucking owns in that movie.

Guest Youth N Asia

1,090 pages, I read it in junior high. The only major thing they left out of the movie was

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

the one kid who was killed by the leeches in the fridge and the pointless part about the girl shagging all the guys before killing It the first time

1,090 pages, I read it in junior high. The only major thing they left out of the movie was

the one kid who was killed by the leeches in the fridge and the pointless part about the girl shagging all the guys before killing It the first time

I wouldn't call it pointless, YNA. They were all under the belief that they were going to die upon facing IT for the first time and as everyone knows...you can't die a virgin. Makes perfect sense to me.

I still remember being absolutely mesmorized by that scene when I read it as an impressionable kid.

Dames

Guest HellSpawn

"We all float down here.....and when you're down here with us, YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!!!!"

Thanx Vyce, now Im gonna sleep reeeally good.

Where is my Stuffed Snoopy anim... mm.. I mean, My gf's Snoopy Stuffed animal.

Guest EricMM

I wouldn't call it pointless, YNA. They were all under the belief that they were going to die upon facing IT for the first time and as everyone knows...you can't die a virgin. Makes perfect sense to me.

I still remember being absolutely mesmorized by that scene when I read it as an impressionable kid.

Actually they messed around AFTER they beat Pennywise. I think it was meant to hold them together, at least temporarily, because the thing that had united them (It) was supposedly removed. That, or Eddie was just confused and couldn't find his way out, so he had to clear his mind somehow.

The ending of that book always seems more scary and sad than the rest of the book. It's good that It was finally (?) killed, when the journal started fading, but it's just so sad to forget all your childhood friends again. I hope

Guest Vern Gagne

What is "It" anyway. I'm not a fan of Stephen King, so I've never read any of his books.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Hell of a book. The movie scared the crap out of me when I was younger. My uncle is a huge King fan and made me and my cousins watch it one time when he was in charge of us. I had nightmares for like a week, and I still loathe clowns to this day.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with clowns? They're so... happy. It's scary.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I have one serious question, why does everyone besides me fer clowns?