TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stevie Franchise

What promotion has the best chance of being US #2

Guest Stevie Franchise

I think Ring of Honor because IMO they have the best talent roster in the United States that has a chance of being a #2 promotion

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

Whichever one gets a great money backer AND a good cable deal. It doesn't matter whether it's currently got good storylines or wrestling, the TV is the bottom line.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

right now, NWATNA because it reaches more people then it goes ROH, MLW, etc.

Guest ManKinnd

ROH is too good to stay a no-name indy promotion forever. It's GOTTA get big. I want, I NEED Dragon on my TV.

Guest j.o.b. squad

mlw has the best chance of becoming #2 in the us thru its deal with the sunshine network and its use of foreign name people. mexico thru la parka shocker and vampiro. the puro marks with kojima and the storyline marks like my self thru raven promos

tna has the second best chance with its weekly ppv

those two are the only two that has a 30% chance or better of takeing the crown of number two promotion

now for the long shots

czw thru its tv deal in italy and its upcoming deal in the uk it could become popular in europe then imported back to the us to become #2

before roh has a chance of becomeing even #4 they need to hire more production people so they can do a tv show without falling several months behind on tapes

Guest Youth N Asia

I don't know if ROH could make it outside of a core crowd. And I really don't see there being a #2 promotion any time soon.

Guest Sturgis

Either ROH for it's action, or CZW for it's TV deals and something for everyone shows. TNA won't survive.

MLW or NWA-TNA. ROH is a current trend, but I don't see it remaining as popular as it is now for too much longer.

If XPW ever gets back on its feet, their roster could bring them lots of success.

I'm going with TNA or MLW. MLW really is a something for everyone fed, with lucha guys, puro guys, hardcore guys, and some of the biggest names in the indy scene. TNA is a solid product that hasn't had an awful show in a couple months and, while not as good as MLW in providing something for everyone, is doing a good job of including a spotfest, solid match, and hardcore garbage match (Though I'm really sick of them) every week.

Guest Sandman9000

It's going to be whatever promotion revolutionizes the industry.

ECW got to #3 because they changed the way wrestling was done, and the top two followed suit. Whoever becomes #2 will be because the WWE ends up copying their style.

Of course, that could happen in 5 years, 15 years, 50 years, who knows?

It's going to be whatever promotion revolutionizes the industry.

ECW got to #3 because they changed the way wrestling was done, and the top two followed suit. Whoever becomes #2 will be because the WWE ends up copying their style.

Of course, that could happen in 5 years, 15 years, 50 years, who knows?

The only one anywhere near that is ROH.

I cant see any promotion getting near WWE at the moment. Not only will they need something new and innovative that Vince doesnt have, they will need a bloody loyal roster, as Vince will just try and sign them away as soon as they get anywhere near rivaling WWE.

ChUnK!

NWA-TNA: Closest to being #2 due to weekly PPV.. need to get on Regular TV if they ever hope to expand

MLW: Never seen them... Last show sounded great though.

ROH: Great product... But I don't think it has the "mass appeal" to make them #2

CZW: Good chance to get where ECW was if they are marketed correctly.

IWA MS: I thought they were closing? If they run in an area that can draw more than 50 people a show and change the "Mid-South" part of their name... maybe.

Guest swan

No queston, NWA-TNA. They have a money backer, PPV, and a syndicated show. If they can get a weekly cable TV show, they might just do it. Even if they toured regionaly.

No queston, NWA-TNA. They have a money backer, PPV, and a syndicated show. If they can get a weekly cable TV show, they might just do it. Even if they toured regionaly.

Anyone think that Vince will just swallow anyone up, if they get anywhere near rivaling him?

He's in the position to do so now, and unless the workers or the rival show dont like money, they're unlikely to turn down an offer from the WWE.

Sure some of the TNA roster have issues with Vince, but not enough of them IMO.

Surely Vince has to fall to number 2, rather than be beaten to number 1, if you see what I mean.

ChUnK!

Guest Dynamite Kido

NWA TNA has the best chance considering that they are on PPV and syndicated TV every week but I honestly think that Ring of Honor is the best promotion in North America right now though.

Guest Nathan_Avara

I think NWA:TNA will be at number one, becasue WWE will be gone in about three or four more years. And, Ring of Honor is the best promotion in the US bar none. Hopefully they can keep their main eventers though, because if NWA:TNA makes them stay exclusive then they'll probably stay there. ROH will be able to get over with even the marks the wrestling is so good. NWA:TNA will eventually fail though because of Vince Russo's BS.

I think NWA:TNA will be at number one, becasue WWE will be gone in about three or four more years. And, Ring of Honor is the best promotion in the US bar none. Hopefully they can keep their main eventers though, because if NWA:TNA makes them stay exclusive then they'll probably stay there. ROH will be able to get over with even the marks the wrestling is so good. NWA:TNA will eventually fail though because of Vince Russo's BS.

:huh:

WWE will be gone in about three or four more years

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Guest ManKinnd

WWE is going nowhere. These statements of them dying are unfounded.

Guest subliminal_animal
Surely Vince has to fall to number 2, rather than be beaten to number 1, if you see what I mean.

Not really.

Not really.

How can any company rival him, when he can easily buy them out before they become a serious threat. Like I said before, you would need a roster not only of immense talent, but also great loyalty aswell. Im not saying it would be imppossible, but IMO I think Vince would have to run the WWE into the ground before anyone can compete.

ChUnK!