TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

[Request] Changing avatar sizes

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'd like to see the size of user avatars go up to 80x80 pixels. I think that number isn't extreme and allows us a bit more leeway in our choices without making somethings nearly invisible.

I don't know how anyone feels about this, but I think often times the sigs on this forum take up a lot more room than the avatars do. I think 80x80 would be a good compromise.

Guest Kotzenjunge

People who I've talked to who frequent Invision boards besides this one tell me how odd it is that we have 64x64 when they have sometimes as large as 100x100.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

80x80 would be much better.

100x100 I feel is too large though. A board that comes to mind which does this is DDTWrestling. And it looks ridiculous.

Something I've always wondered about though is the lack of an "Upload" option for avatars, which other invision boards usually have. Though I suppose, because of the # of members here, it would suck up more memory or whatever than those other places.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

Guest areacode212

Changed it to 80x80--it's only a tiny bit bigger and some avatars will look less "squeezed". I think 64x64 might be a holdover from the Smarks days.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Seriously dude. She's hot as all get out, but 1), that isn't a particularly good picture, and 2) it looks worse when made smaller.

Have a Nissan logo as your avatar. Then everyone can point and LAUGH~

Guest CED Ordonez

I can actually make out a person in my avatar now. I'm satisfied.

Guest T®ITEC

I feel that I have the sexiest avatar featuring an image of a man.

Guest El Psycho Diablo
Seriously dude. She's hot as all get out, but 1), that isn't a particularly good picture, and 2) it looks worse when made smaller.

BITCH!

You seem to have insulted the company that made my dream car (the 350Z..).

So I'll have to make it my buisness to shred the tires on a few Mustangs this week.

Guest Kingpk

I'll finally be able to use a pic I've wanted to for a while. Still a little cramped, but it's better

Hey don't knock Nissan. Very reliable cars.

And I totally agree on having an upload feature for avatars since it's so hard to find a host site that gives url's that fit the box they give in the avatar controls.

Guest Kotzenjunge

BITCH!

So I'll have to make it my buisness to shred the tires on a few Mustangs this week.

(points at his avatar) Beat a few of those, and we'll talk. Any schmuck in a 350Z can beat a stock Mustang, but when you start beating LT1 C4 and later Corvettes, we'll talk.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I wondered why the board was loading slower for me.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE WITH HIGH BANDWITH SPEEDS (Including everyone he gets over 28.8k)

*Turns avatars off*

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
Were avatars changed back to 64x64? I change my avatar for the first time ever, and now it just looks... dinky...

Guest redbaron51

BITCH!

(points at his avatar) Beat a few of those, and we'll talk. Any schmuck in a 350Z can beat a stock Mustang, but when you start beating LT1 C4 and later Corvettes, we'll talk.

i think when you see a corvette broke down a few miles off the lot, while a tiny civic drives by, we'll see who laughs first. (and in this case, i have seen this happen)

Guest Retro Rob
Were avatars changed back to 64x64? I change my avatar for the first time ever, and now it just looks... dinky...

Looks like they where, at least according to the Properties of each image.

Guest Kotzenjunge

BITCH!

i think when you see a corvette broke down a few miles off the lot, while a tiny civic drives by, we'll see who laughs first. (and in this case, i have seen this happen)

Fun fact: I saw three broken down Imports today. I smiled.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Looks like they where, at least according to the Properties of each image.

Nope. Mine's still at 80 x 80.

I think the size dosen't change automatically..you've got to change it in your profile.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

I do not have the option to increase my avatar size anywhere.

I had increased to 80x80 when areacode212 changed it, but then, two days later, I was inspired to change my avatar for the first time, and once I did so, I found that the maximum size is once again 64x64.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Same here. I switched earlier today to something different. But seeing that I was back down to 64x64, I switched back to what I had, to see if that would fix it. But I'm still at 64x64.

It has to be some kind of board glitch or something.