TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WrestlingDeacon

Barry White suffers stroke

Guest WrestlingDeacon

From Reuters

Soul singer Barry White, battling kidney failure since last fall, suffered a new health setback on May 1 with a speech-impairing stroke, his daughter revealed on Friday.

The stroke also affected the right side of White's body, but the 58-year-old entertainer is otherwise in "great spirits" as he waits for his condition to stabilize enough to undergo a kidney transplant, daughter Shaheara White told reporters at a news conference in Los Angeles.

White's record label, the Island Def Jam Music Group, disclosed in September that he was undergoing dialysis for kidney failure brought on by a history of high blood pressure.

"My dad had surgery May 1 to place a catheter in his arm," his daughter said. "He had a stroke ... that affected his speech and the right side of his body, but he is in great spirits."

The singer, known for his rich bass vocals and musical love-maestro persona, has provided "the mood" for countless candlelight dinners and late-night trysts with such ballads as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe" and "You're the First, The Last, My Everything."

White, a native of Galveston, Texas who grew up in Los Angeles, was honored this week in a resolution adopted by the L.A. City Council to name a recreation center for him.

Guest Eagan469

shit - first Robert Stack dies, now Barry White can't sing

odd world we live in

Guest TheProdigy

Damn, this sucks balls. Hopefully Barry gets better.

*tosses in Basketball Jones with Barry White feat. Chris Rock*

Guest Banky
shit - first Robert Stack dies, now Barry White can't sing

odd world we live in

Yea, how wacky. People actually die! Weeeeird.

Guest Midnight Express83

I heard about this a while ago. He had his stroke the same day as Luther Vandross.

I hope both get better.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Barry White kicks ass. You have to download the audio clip of him recording a commercial and fucking it up. It surprised me because I never expected to hear language like that come from Barry White. I hope him and Luther get better.