TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

Storm for the 23rd!

Guest Suicide King

SWF Storm!

Due Friday May 23rd at 6:00 PM. Stevens and King will not be offering extensions due to prior commitments. Edwin doesn't plan to either, so do your best.

Live from Madison Square Garden in NYC!

Send all materials to : Edwin MacPhisto

Singles Match

Beezel vs. Sean Atlas

The new number one contender to the ICTV belt has got to stay fresh until Danny can entertain his title bid! We’ll keep El Scorcho nice and warm by throwing him to the wolf known as Sean Atlas… masked men collide!

Rules: Standard singles match. DQ and Count-Out in effect.

Word Limit: 3500

Send to: realitycheck

Tag Team Match

Frost and Longdogger Pete vs. Wild & Dangerous

Frost has lost the eye of the tiger. Pete has lost his fire. Wild and Dangerous have lost their winning ways. Let’s see if anyone here can find something, even if it is just an old-school ass-beating of biblical proportions!

Rules: Standard Tag Match. DQ and Count-Out in effect. Use the Tag Ropes.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: Grand Slam

Non Title Match

Michael Craven vs. Nathaniel Kibagami

Kibagami appears to have his sights set on a very definite goal, if his body doesn’t betray him first. The Nightmare has offered his services to King to help ensure that “Silent” is “ready” for an eventual “match” against Janus. If Kibagami makes it that far, that is.

Rules: Standard Singles Match. DQ and Count-Out in effect.

Word Limit: 4500

Send to: Edwin MacPhisto

Promo

A Portrait of Mike Van Siclen

Don’t asks me, I just makes the cards. MVS as some things he would like to get off his chest…

Tag Titles Match

Dace Night and Danny Williams vs. Justice and Rule

Dace and Danny showed that they had the chemistry to beat an established tag team last show by upending Wild and Dangerous. Well, the Unholy Trinity’s professed goal is to take down the M7, so let’s see if their walk matches their talk!

Rules: Standard tag match, DQs and countouts apply.

Word Limit: 5500

Hell in a Cell Match

TNT vs. Neilsen of the Jungle

Hell in a Cell? On free TV? Is King mad? Well, yes. Specifically, he’s mad for the thought of causing Neilsen pain, hopefully crippling him before their match at the PPV! And frankly, if TNT goes down it’s no big loss. Heck, maybe Tod deKindes would interfere just to savagely maul both men. In any event, let’s give them the most brutal stip imaginable in the hopes that neither survives to the PPV.

Rules: Big cell surrounds ring. You win by pinfall or submission, falls count anywhere. Let the pain begin

Word Limit: 6000

Main Event

SWF Heavyweight Title Match

“The Superior One” Tom Flesher vs. Jay Dawg

Jay Dawg slipped under the champ’s radar last week, stunning him with a very real, very tangible LOSS. Well, Flesher isn’t going to take that lying down (get it?), and he demanded this match from King. Since the champ gets what the champ wants, and Jay Dawg has more than proved his worth, let the battle commence!

Rules: Standard rules, countouts and DQs apply.

Word Limit: 6000

Send to: Suicide King

Edited by Edwin MacPhisto

Guest Beezel
Singles Match

Beezel vs. Sean Atlas

The new number one contender to the ICTV belt has got to stay fresh until Danny can entertain his title bid! We’ll keep El Scorcho nice and warm by throwing him to the wolf known as Sean Atlas… masked men collide!

Tag Titles Match

Dace Night and Danny Williams vs. Justice and Rule

Dace and Danny showed that they had the chemistry to beat an established tag team last show by upending Wild and Dangerous. Well, the Unholy Trinity’s professed goal is to take down the M7, so let’s see if their walk matches their talk! Win or lose, this is sure to add some fuel to the flames between Danny and Ejiro, the NEW #1 contender to the ICTV belt.

Just curious, as to which is correct. It's either me, or Ejiro, or that the card is indeed correct and we both are #1 contenders. *shrugs* Just hope to clear up confusion.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Oh god, I hope there isn't a triple threat in my future. :(

edit: due to misinterpretation.

Edited by Coffin Surfer

Oh god, I hope there isn't a three way in my future. :(

First time those words have been said.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my match. Mask against mask seems like something fun to write.

Guest Ace309

Jesus. I don't remember what Jay Dawg did to deserve a World Title shot.

Oh, right, the clean win.

Carry on.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Good lord. This card is frickin' loaded.

And I get to post it. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Guest Suicide King

Sorry. Just forgot momentarily that Ejiro wrote Beezel's sorry ass to win. ;)

Tag Team Match

Frost and Longdogger Pete vs. Wild & Dangerous

Frost has lost the eye of the tiger. Pete has lost his fire. Wild and Dangerous have lost their winning ways. Let’s see if anyone here can find something, even if it is just an old-school ass-beating of biblical proportions!

Rules: Standard Tag Match. DQ and Count-Out in effect. Use the Tag Ropes.

Word Limit: 5000

I don't get this at all. From the way it was explained to me was, tag ropes were nothing more than a way for the heels to cheat. Since there are no heels why have this rule? Maybe somebody can give this idiot a better explanation of tag ropes, please.

Guest Ace309

Tag ropes are a way for heels to cheat, a way for a referee to deny an otherwise legal tag, a way to set up blind tags and a way for heels to cheat.

Also, you can cheat with them.

Guest Grand Slam

The tag ropes (one of my favorite "little things" the WWE has done recently, thus my introduction of them here) are a 2 or 3 foot rope attached to the top turnbuckle. On the other end is a loop. To make a legal tag, you must be on the ring apron and have the tag rope in your hand. Theoretically, they keep you in the corner. Does that clear it up?

Guest Beezel
Sorry. Just forgot momentarily that Ejiro wrote Beezel's sorry ass to win. ;)

*Bows deep to Ejiro and gives him a monkey*

Guest HVilleThugg

Ummmmm...maybe it's just me since no one has actually mentioned this yet...but isn't this show supposed to be Storm...not Lockdown? We just had Lockdown right before Smarkdown...some one fix it or confirm that we're skipping Storm or something.

Da "trying to do his job as webmaster" H

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
The tag ropes (one of my favorite "little things" the WWE has done recently, thus my introduction of them here) are a 2 or 3 foot rope attached to the top turnbuckle.  On the other end is a loop.  To make a legal tag, you must be on the ring apron and have the tag rope in your hand.  Theoretically, they keep you in the corner.  Does that clear it up?

What Johnny's trying to get at - or, at least, what I think he's trying to get at - is that the tag ropes only tend to become relevant in a face/heel tag team match. It is generally accepted that face teams obey the rules pretty much of the time, and so it seems unecessary to direct the participants in a face/face tag match to use the tag ropes.

Or, are you trying to tell us to cheat?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

All fixed, Thugg. Also note that I probably won't be giving many extensions either, kidses.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Tag ropes kick ass, nice and old school, I like it.

Why the WWF did away with them in the first place is a mystry to me.

Besides, it's not like you really have to build your match around them or bring them up everytime, one reference or so should do it. It's just a nice little detail, that's all.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I just would like to say that cards get posted late and then no one gives extensions and then the people bitch about no shows and wonder why. Not trying to be bitchy, I'm just pointing out a reason for no-shows do to self imposed time restraints.

And I also think it's bullshit that writers whine about why the show isn't up when it's only 9 p.m. and they were an hour late getting their match in anyway.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

If no one else has it, I call opening promo.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Frost, I agree. You guys will basically decide when this one goes up. If everything's in on time, I might have it up as early as, say, 8 PM. But if it gets late and I don't have all the matches, I'll wait, go out, come back, and post it in the wee hours.

If you think you're going to need more time--or think you're not going to write--please let me know as soon as you can so I can keep tabs on everything.

And it's yours, Strangler.

Guest Suicide King

Well, regarding the lateness of cards. Allow me to paint a picture of a standard night for posting a show. I get most of the matches by ten or eleven. Sometimes people give out extensions. This is fine if they are asked for in advance, but they are normally asked for three hours after the matches were due. So then I am waiting for the last, say, two matches of the night from one marker or another. I generally get those around 2 in the morning. I then post the show as soon as I get it all. Like most of you, I work for a living. I cannot wait up until 4 in the morning to make a card, and no one is awake to see it anyway. And I sadly doubt that anyone starts their matches right away anyway, except Janus, who's kind of nuts but gets his matches in two days early, god love him. So I post the card as soon as I get back from work. This is generally how it works for Mark as well, he tells me.

So basically the solution to late cards is two fold. One, fewer unanticipated extensions. Extensions are needed sometimes, we know, but you can generally anticipate them in advance. SO let us know and we can plan accordingly, perhaps handing off posting or carding duties to another member of CC.

Two, marker must get their matches in earlier to the posters. And by that I mean before midnight, Z and Raynor. ;) I kid because I love.

I would prefer to have the cards up earlier, but much like you I have a life as well. If you get to use those excuses for no-shows, I get to use them for cards. ;)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
I just would like to say that cards get posted late and then no one gives extensions and then the people bitch about no shows and wonder why. Not trying to be bitchy, I'm just pointing out a reason for no-shows do to self imposed time restraints.

Read what King said, but yes, when cards go up late, I usually have two-three nights to write, and with this 6K match... 3K per-night is a little hard.

Of course, I try, but sometimes things fuck up and it just doesn't work out, especially since I'm probably one of the slowest writers (and DEFINITELY readers) in the fed.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Stupid Edwin posting before me.

Bwa ha ha! Trogdor strikes again!

Guest Kibagami

I just showed.

On time.

Again.

What the hell is wrong with me?

K.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
If anybody has offsite comms with GSMS, please tell him to check his inbox again; I've submitted a corrected copy to our match.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Show's looking very good so far, but there are a couple of stragglers I don't anticipate getting before I end up going out. If the show's not up by, say, 8, don't expect it till significantly later tonight.

I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, though.