TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Who was the Super Invader in WCW and what happened to him?

Guest Boo_Bradley

He wrestled in Japan 93/94ish with Scott Norton in a fued with Sensaki/Hawk

Guest Corey291

Hercules (who was indeed the Super Invader) & Norton were known as the "Jurrasaic Powers" in New Japan. They didn't necessarily "feud" with Sasake and Hawk, but they did trade the IWGP tag titles with them on one occasion. They also wrestled the Steiner Brothers.

-Corey

Guest Aero

Can anyone tell me why Vader would wear his tanktop backwards when he first debuted in the WWF in 1996? After just watching the Royal Rumble, the "Vader Time" is on his back both during Rumble soundbites and the match itself.

Guest El Gigante
Can anyone tell me why Vader would wear his tanktop backwards when he first debuted in the WWF in 1996? After just watching the Royal Rumble, the "Vader Time" is on his back both during Rumble soundbites and the match itself.

From what I remember is that towards the end of his time in WCW, Vader wore his tanktop like that with the Vader Time on his back and after a few matches in the WWF he changed it to the front.

Guest Boo_Bradley

1> I'm reading old PWI again, and they mention a Hulk Hogan/Ric Flair interview, given by Kermit the Frog, while on the Set of Larry King Live... just prior to Hogan's 94 debuet... Any one remember this?

In the same mag they have a 3 page article about how 911 is being shortchanged in $$$$ by Paul (Heyman) E. Dangerously. Kind of funny in retrospect.

2> What's the E. stand for anyway?

Guest Boo_Bradley

Brutus Beefcake v. "Outlaw" Ron Bass.

This is the hair v. hair match that resulted from the beating delivered

by Bass that kept Beefcake out of Summerslam '88 and cost Honky Tonk Man

his title. You'd think that for a show aired at midnight they could have

a wee bit more mayhem than what we usually got. But such are the dreams

of fools like I. Crowd is NOT into this one at all, and it shows. It's

canned heat central during this one, up until Beefcake makes the

inevitable comeback and hits the sleeper. 0 for 1. This was aired

after Royal Rumble 89, where Ron Bass showed up already bald.

This seems like a glaring oversight on the WWF's part... can anyone confirm the dates SK made reference to?

Guest alfdogg

The 89 Rumble was on January 15; I think they always had an SNME right around New Years. So it was probably a couple weeks before that when the match actually took place.

The SNME in question aired a week before the Rumble.

WWF @ Tampa, FL - December 7, 1988

Saturday Night's Main Event #19 - shown 1/7/89 on NBC:

Brutus Beefcake defeated Ron Bass with the sleeper at 7:40 in a hair vs. hair match

Hulk Hogan defeated Akeem via disqualification after Bossman tripped Hogan

WWF IC Champion the Ultimate Warrior pinned the Honkytonk Man at 5:01

Tito Santana defeated the Red Rooster with a roll up as the Rooster was busy arguing with Heenan; after the match Heenan fired the Rooster in the ring

Mr. Perfect pinned Koko B. Ware at 3:04

Guest Boo_Bradley

Whatever happen to The Gargoyle? The indy worker of the mid 90's who sucked on his opponent's fingers, toes (armpits?)?????

Guest Boo_Bradley

Random ???? That's bugged me lately...

How are payoffs handled in Royal Rumble type matches

Watching the 1991 version Luke Williams lasts all of 4 seconds (literally) and guys like Valentine, Dibiase, martel go for 20-45 mins

Are they payed on the same scale?????

Guest Boo_Bradley

From KM:

There was also a DiBiase interview where he pulled a woman out of a crowd and made her bark like a dog for money. That woman was none other than Linda McMahon.

Anyone care to confirm?

Guest wayzing
From KM:

There was also a DiBiase interview where he pulled a woman out of a crowd and made her bark like a dog for money. That woman was none other than Linda McMahon.

Anyone care to confirm?

I remember that clip and that can't possibly be her.

You know Dusty Rhodes was upset because Vince was screwing NWA in so many ways and here he introduces the character Virgil named after Dusty. I can't imagine Vince giving Dusty an opportunity to point out that Vince has his wife barking like a dog for money on TV.

Originally I wrote something not so flattering about that woman's behaviour in that skit but I decided against it. Please file under useful facts :P

From KM:

Anyone care to confirm?

I remember that clip and that can't possibly be her.

You know Dusty Rhodes was upset because Vince was screwing NWA in so many ways and here he introduces the character Virgil named after Dusty. I can't imagine Vince giving Dusty an opportunity to point out that Vince has his wife barking like a dog for money on TV.

Originally I wrote something not so flattering about that woman's behaviour in that skit but I decided against it. Please file under useful facts :P

I have a clip of it, it's Linda.

Guest wayzing

Really?!? But she looks so... aaah... hmmmm so... sooo... so retarded. DAMN that felt good

Guest Boo_Bradley
Why did the WWF fire Barry Windham in early 1990?

He quit cause his dad and brother were in deep doo doo over couter fieting money and he didn't want Vince to get wrapped up in it.

A couple questions about the first SummerSlam:

At the beginning when Gorilla and Graham were talking, the crowd was counting down "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" and then they popped, and immediately started booing right after.

Also, during the highlight package reviewing the main event, you can hear Finkel anouncing names in the background, but I couldn't make out any of them.

Anyone know what these are about?

MAY 23RD 1994:

Owen Hart pinned Doink the Clown

Duke "the Dumpster" Droese pinned Barry Horowitz

Irwin R. Schyster pinned Gary Sabaugh

Nikolai Volkoff defeated Matt Hardy by Submission

damn, how old was hardy in this match.....

Guest bort

i think in the hardys book matt says he was wrestling in jobber matches when he was 18 and jeff was alos wrestling in these matches and he was only 16, jeff faced razor and matt Nikolai Volkoff thoses were there most famous matches

A couple questions about the first SummerSlam:

At the beginning when Gorilla and Graham were talking, the crowd was counting down "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" and then they popped, and immediately started booing right after.

Also, during the highlight package reviewing the main event, you can hear Finkel anouncing names in the background, but I couldn't make out any of them.

Anyone know what these are about?

I would guess the WWF still didn't have a 100% grasp on handling a ppv, so the Fink was counting down for the live audience so they would pop when they would go on the air. Unfortunately, the countdown came a bit too late. Then, the newly-turned Fabulous Rougeau Brothers make their way to the ring causing the booing.

As for the names, I would bet he was announcing the next month's card at MSG as he would do before the main event of every other MSG show.

Whatever happened to Alex Wright and Koko B. Ware?

Koko B. Ware is among the born again set, but still wrestling on the independent circle. Mostly in and around Memphis where he got his start. Last year, Ware's house burned down and his pet bird Frankie died in the fire.

I know Alex Wright had a brain anueryrism which was forcing him to retire from wrestling, but I'm not sure what he's doing now.

I don't think Bushwhacker Luke has been acknowledged on TV at all over the past 7 years.

I would actually say Jerry Lawler has the shortest run from his participation in the 97 edition.