TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Why is Luke always acknowledged by WWE commentators for having the shortest innings in a Rumble appearance (1991, 4 seconds) when Warlord literally lasts 1 second in the 1989 Rumble?

Why is it only in-ring time counts for the shortest run but the time includes the walk down the aisle for the longest runs?

It's just to sound more impressive, when have you ever known the WWE to keep accurate time.

Back in the early 80s when they announced the time of the fall at TV tapings

Guest Boo_Bradley

1. Who did baby face Bob Backlund fued with other than Papa Shongo and Razor Ramone (If WM 9 counts as a "fued"?

2. Who did heel Backlund fued with besides Bret Hart and Man Mountain Rock?

Memory Blanks....

1. Who did baby face Bob Backlund fued with other than Papa Shongo and Razor Ramone (If WM 9 counts as a "fued"?

2. Who did heel Backlund fued with besides Bret Hart and Man Mountain Rock?

Memory Blanks....

1. Backlund had a house show feud with Shawn Michaels for the IC Title (mostly as a sub for an outgoing Marty Jannetty, but one of their matches aired on the 1993 SummerSlam Spectacular show).

2. Outside of that brief series with Diesel right after the title change, I can't think of anything.

They never really used Backlund as anything more than filler during his comeback.

Guest Boo_Bradley

2.  Who did heel Backlund fued with besides Bret Hart and Man Mountain Rock?

Memory Blanks....

1. Backlund had a house show feud with Shawn Michaels for the IC Title (mostly as a sub for an outgoing Marty Jannetty, but one of their matches aired on the 1993 SummerSlam Spectacular show).

2. Outside of that brief series with Diesel right after the title change, I can't think of anything.

They never really used Backlund as anything more than filler during his comeback.

I have the Backlund/Shawn match on tape... as well as Heel Backlund vs Jeff Jarrett (Heel) from PPV Promotion Shows

Didn't think Bob vs Shawn was a fuedm per se

Like I said, it was pretty much a series of house show matches until the TV match and never really built up.

But that's really the closest thing I could think of to an actual feud for face Backlund circa 1993.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Why was the Warrior known as the Dingo Warrior in World Class?

Did Beniot ever face TNT Kid during the late 80's in Stampede?

Guest ToddRoyal
Did Beniot ever face TNT Kid during the late 80's in Stampede

I assume you're referring to Dynamite, though there might be a wrestler actually named TNT kid that I'm not aware of. If you are, then yes- Benoit and Billington had several matches in Stampede, including a pretty famous match that featured Dynamite taking off his boots and presenting them to Benoit after the match, sort of a "passing of the torch" thing.

Did Jose ever come back after SSeries when Sid Attacked him?

One appearance at Royal Rumble 1997 (in San Antonio), and a couple of cameos at San Antonio. Nothing full-time though.

Why was the Warrior known as the Dingo Warrior in World Class?

That was the first time that he used "Warrior" in his name at all. He was just known as Rock before that, when he was part of the Blade Runners w/Sting. I always thought that the Ultimate Warrior was an amendment to the Dingo Warrior name.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Did WCCW say he was Austrailian?

I watched at this point but I was only 5 years old (If that)

How long did the Sherri / Luna feud last and how many times did they fight each other?

*memory is joggy, but also can clearly remember a time on RAW when they were catfighting and ripped off each other's clothes revealing their lingerie if he's not mistaken?

Guest Boo_Bradley
How long did the Sherri / Luna feud last and how many times did they fight each other?

*memory is joggy, but also can clearly remember a time on RAW when they were catfighting and ripped off each other's clothes revealing their lingerie if he's not mistaken?

Cawthon's site has the list of matches:

WWF @ Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Arena - May 21, 1993

Luna Vachon defeated Sensational Sherri

WWF @ Halifax, Nova Scotia - Metro Center - May 24, 1993

Television taping:

Luna Vachon pinned Sensational Sherri

and so on...

I don't think Bushwhacker Luke has been acknowledged on TV at all over the past 7 years.

I would actually say Jerry Lawler has the shortest run from his participation in the 97 edition.

If you count ONLY in ring time and not entrance then Owen Hart in 95 takes the cake.

I don't think Bushwhacker Luke has been acknowledged on TV at all over the past 7 years.

I would actually say Jerry Lawler has the shortest run from his participation in the 97 edition.

If you count ONLY in ring time and not entrance then Owen Hart in 95 takes the cake.

I would have to say the Warlord's 1989 Rumble cameo was the shortest.

Guest wildpegasus

QUOTE Boo Bradley

Did Beniot ever face TNT Kid during the late 80's in Stampede?

Quote Todd Royal

I assume you're referring to Dynamite, though there might be a wrestler actually named TNT kid that I'm not aware of. If you are, then yes- Benoit and Billington had several matches in Stampede, including a pretty famous match that featured Dynamite taking off his boots and presenting them to Benoit after the match, sort of a "passing of the torch" thing.

WP-Benoit faced Dynamite at least once in singles during Stampede. I'm not sure if this was televised or not. In tags there was Benoit/Thatcher vs Kid/Johnny Smith which was televised as well as Benoit/Davey Boy vs Kid/Smith (British Bruisers) which also may or may not have been televised. It's hard to figure out because Stampede footage is rare for some parts of 1989. Stampede was definitely setting up angles between the two teams on TV though as I believe there was a backstage locker room attack by the Bruisers on Benoit/Smith and an attack by the Bruisers was done after the aforementioned Benoit/Thatcher vs Bruisers bout where Davey had to come out from the back and save Benoit who was taking a double team attack from Kid/Smith as Benoit was trapped in the ropes Andre the Giant style.

There was also a match one time between "Lethal" Larry Cameron and Benoit where "Bulldog" Bob Brown interfered in the end by smashing Benoit in the back with a chair. Afterwards, in an an interview that looked unscripted Dynamite gave an interview talking about his career and his accumalated injuries saying that's it's probably time for him to retire soon. During the interview he has a pair of boots in his hands and gives the boots to Whalen to give to Benoit saying Benoit will be (or "a", not too sure) wrestler of the 90's. I think however only some TV stations showed the interview however as it seems like there are 2 different Stampede shows out there in terms of length. (Sometimes you can find longer versions of the same match such as the aforementioned Benoit vs "Lethal" Larry Cameron bout)

Edited by wildpegasus

When did Leaping Lanny poffo turn into the Genius? Was there an angle to it or did Poffo wrestle in squashes . . . take a leave of absence . . . and POOF the Genius was born?

i believe he took a leave of absence and then the wwf started airing cheesey promos of him as the genius and then a few weeks later he debuted as the genius

Guest Boo_Bradley

From Jobber to Main Eventiing MSG in tag bouts, that's quite the career overhaul

*Misses the frisbees*

Guest Boo_Bradley

Was Kamala/Bigelow's match cancelation ever mentioned During WM9 or the shows following?

I remember them promoting it prior to WM 9... With Heenan's "Brain Scan"

All I know is that on the Coliseum Video version of WM9, They showed Kamala with an elephant after the show and said the match was cancelled or something.