TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

I have the Shane Douglas figure actually. Although if it's really that rare, maybe not for much longer! I have Awesome, Vamp and Kidman too, although the latter two might be different attires.

Here's a question with nothing to do with Old School stuff, but whatever- are the TNA figures the same size as the WCW ones? The only TNA one I own is Abyss and it's quite a bit larger than the WCW ones. Would an AJ or a Shark Boy be that much bigger than the WCW ones?

Most of them are the same size. The Jarrett one is pretty much just the '99-2000 era Jarrett figure redone. There was a line (series 5) of TNA figures that were made larger than normal due to some type of production error, and that was actually the best series in the whole lineup (it was the set with Samoa Joe, Lance Hoyt, James Storm, Kip James and someone else that I don't recall off the top of my head).

Did Nitro have a mascot at some point?

I was watching the 1st two episodes from 98 & theres a mascot hanging by the entrance. First week I thought it might be the local mascot but it was the same one the next week.

Weird because they made no mention to it & the thing only got on camera in the background as guys came out for matches.

Anyone know why ECW TV was taken off the MSG Network in early 1998?

ECW was on MSG right until the company folded. I actually have the last MSG show on tape somewhere with a main event of Jerry Lynn vs Joey Matthews!

I'm guessing they were there as faces to ride off Snuka's popularity, since he was gone for a while around the time they came in due to his many issues.

Wasn't the same thing tried with Sivi Afi?

IIRC, they really didn't give Sivi Afi enough of a chance to catch on to replace Jimmy Snuka. He didn't beat anyone higher on the card than Rene Goulet and jobbed cleanly to virtually everyone else.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Lanny Poffo was the dude in The Wild Cat Willie costume? Sounds like it's B.S. but I love to think its true anyways.

At least if that WAS true (and like MillenniumMan said, I don't think it is) WCW would have been using him for SOMETHING. As it is, they were just paying him 6 figure to not do a lick of work. I hope these people from the late 90s boom saved their money.

Per Poffo, he bought some costumes for a Gorgeous George-ish (not Macho's valet) gimmick just waiting for the call to come to work. It never came but the paychecks did.

And as a sidenote, the shoot is excellent. Top 5 in my book.

Anyone know why ECW TV was taken off the MSG Network in early 1998?

ECW was on MSG right until the company folded. I actually have the last MSG show on tape somewhere with a main event of Jerry Lynn vs Joey Matthews!

It came back on in 99 but it was off the Network for most of 1998 ( at least in my market)

Wildcat Willie existed to hype the crowd in between matches (or during commercial breaks). I've always heard the rumour that it was Poffo in the suit, but I think that was just a way to justify why he was still getting paid.

Yeah, Regal came back to WCW in May or June of '99. He stayed until February '00 when he lost a "Loser Leaves Town" match against Duggan. He teamed with Dave Taylor and was pretty much JTTS material for the run. Though I remember an odd, brief threeway WCW Saturday Night exclusive feud between The Blue Bloods, Scott and Steve Armstrong, and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Erik Watts.

I remember Wildcat Willie had a purple and yellow costume because those were the "colors of WCW" long after WCW dropped them.

Purple and gold balloons dropped from the rafters on Monday Nitro the night after Starrcade 1997 to celebrate Larry Zybsko's victory over Eric Bischoff.

Feb 9, 98 episode of Nitro has Mortis attack Mongo after his victory of Glacier. Mongo eventually beats up Mortis & sends a warning to Bulldog. What the hell was this? Did it lead to a feud with Mongo & Mortis?

Mongo was feuding with the Bulldog at the time, because you don't just stand there with a cup of coffee while a man's talkin' to ya!

They had a shitty blowoff match at SuperBrawl VIII. I bet Mongo squashed Mortis on Thunder or Saturday Night or something.

Wasn't there a Raw sometime in 2003 where during Goldberg's entrance, the name graphic said something hilariously different than Goldberg? Or am I just imagining this?

What were the plans for both Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon in the fall of '93 before HBK briefly left the World Wrestling Federation? Was Ramon supposed to chase Michaels for IC Title? Was Ramon to feud with IRS in the interim?