TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Wasn't there a Raw sometime in 2003 where during Goldberg's entrance, the name graphic said something hilariously different than Goldberg? Or am I just imagining this?

That was the closed captioning, and the closed capitioning said, "Snaffles".

Wasn't there a Raw sometime in 2003 where during Goldberg's entrance, the name graphic said something hilariously different than Goldberg? Or am I just imagining this?

That was the closed captioning, and the closed capitioning said, "Snaffles".

Someone get a screencap of that.

^ THESE

What were the plans for Brock Lesnar when there were rumours he was coming back in 2005?

Did the WWF ever have plans to have a one on one main event at WM 1 or was it always going to be the tag team match?

I'm sure WWF would have gladly had a Hogan vs. Piper rematch, but Piper didn't do jobs and they weren't about to have such a crucial event end with a non-finish.

What were the plans for Brock Lesnar when there were rumours he was coming back in 2005?

Ritual humiliation.

Why would Brock have been humiliated if wwe.com hyped up this return so much before the talks broke down. I have to think, they had something big for him.

Did the WWF ever have plans to have a one on one main event at WM 1 or was it always going to be the tag team match?

I'm sure WWF would have gladly had a Hogan vs. Piper rematch, but Piper didn't do jobs and they weren't about to have such a crucial event end with a non-finish.

Ritual humiliation.

If they ran Piper/Hogan in the same building 6 weeks later, on a show the company tossed millions into promoting and getting special guests, they would have to had a steel cage, Mr T is chained to Bob Orton, Loser leaves town/Head shaved some bullshit......

Potential was there, but Mr T and Cyndi Lauper were the key ingredients

What's happened to The Wrestling Channel/TWC Fight in England? I can't find it anywhere on Sky.

They were apparently having financial problems for a while...

Do you know where or when he said this, Enigma? Not that I don't believe you, in fact, now that you mention it, it does sound like Shawn. This is just one of those things that's bothered me since I got the CD back in the day.

Question: I've been watching a lot of early 90s Federation stuff lately due to 24/7 and noticed that whenever a heel (usually Jake Roberts) is doing something particularly rotten, the announcers wonder where Sgt. Slaughter is at. What was Sarge's role at this time? Some sort of peacekeeper?

It was some interview he did a few years ago on the WWE.Com website (which is probably gone now, a lot of their old articles are gone). He explained that when he had to do the lyrics for the song after Sherri left, they had to do a lot of tricks with the machines to make his voice sound barely okay. He explained than when they did the remix in 1997, it sounded a lot better because he wasn't trying to sing seriously.

Do you know where or when he said this, Enigma? Not that I don't believe you, in fact, now that you mention it, it does sound like Shawn. This is just one of those things that's bothered me since I got the CD back in the day.

Question: I've been watching a lot of early 90s Federation stuff lately due to 24/7 and noticed that whenever a heel (usually Jake Roberts) is doing something particularly rotten, the announcers wonder where Sgt. Slaughter is at. What was Sarge's role at this time? Some sort of peacekeeper?

Slaughter was the commissioner or something for a brief cup of tea in late '92 (after Roberts had left the company, though). He was brought back into the same role in 1997.

I remember that the kayfabe story to get Slaughter away from the ring was that Nailz laid into him and he was no longer able to recover. or something like that.

Yeah, I remember on Superstars they would show Slaughter coming out and "taking notes" on the referees and stuff. One of those lame angles that the fans were never really going to get into.

I think I asked this before on these forums, but I'll give it another shot. Does anyone know if Jushin Liger and Sting ever had a singles match. I remember being impressed with some of their interactions in a tag match back in the early 90s and thought they might have a good singles match.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I suspected they didn't since they both were on the face side of things and in different weight classes.