TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

The IC title was more prestigious during Show's run in 1999.

Wasn't Chyna the IC Champion during Show's run?

That's a bit of a stretch there.

The IC title was more prestigious during Show's run in 1999.

Wasn't Chyna the IC Champion during Show's run?

That's a bit of a stretch there.

I-C Title Prestige

1989>1999>2009

Hey fellows-

For some reason, I'm watching Bash at The Beach '95 on DailyMotion (Hey- that's a good show for The Tape of The Month Club) and before the main event, they show a montage of Vader's Roadkill Invasion Tour. From what it looked like it was Vader squashing a bunch of jobbers at indy shows to prepare for his cage match with Hogan. What was the deal with this?

I searched the thread and this question was asked by someone else five years ago and wasn't answered so I figured I'd ask again.

When did Harley Race stop managing Vader? I don't seem to remember him being around for the Hogan feud but definitely remember him still there when Vader was the U.S. Champion in early 1995. While we're at it, WWE's website said WCW commissioner Nick Bockwinkle stripped Vader of the U.S. Title in April 1995 for "bad behavior". What exactly did he do? That sounds around the time he was feuding with Hogan.

The timeline would be off but I was watching some of Great American Bash '95 (God damn- what is it with me watching bad '95 WCW shows these days) and Vader was shoving around Nick Bockwinkel and Eric Bischoff during The Main Event.

When was Roddy Piper's last appearance in WCW? I know he was around briefly during that whole Starrcade 1999 screwjob mess, so basically I just want to know if he made any appearances in 2000.

I vaguely recall him making an appearance with The Old Age Outlaws. So that would have been around January '00. Wouldn't surprise me if he popped up randomly during the Millionaire's Club Vs New Blood feud. According to onlineworldofwrestling, he was released in Fall of '00 but he was gone months before that.

The timeline would be off but I was watching some of Great American Bash '95 (God damn- what is it with me watching bad '95 WCW shows these days) and Vader was shoving around Nick Bockwinkel and Eric Bischoff during The Main Event.

Vader was stripped of the United States Championship on April 23, 1995

I vaguely recall this being answered before somewhere on the board but I'll ask again. Why did Jim Neidhart leave WWF in early '92? The New Foundation seemed like they were going places!

Vader was stripped of the U.S. title for beating up Dave Sullivan.

Wow. If anything, he should have been given a World Title shot for beating up that loser.

Here's one I've maybe asked about before...my memory is really vague on this, but I remember on an episode of WCW Saturday Night around '92 or '93, some heel went off on some profanity laced tirade (censored of course). The next week, Tony Schiavone (I think) said the guy was banned from TBS programming for the time being. Does anyone know who this was? I wanna say it was maybe Dallas Page or someone like that, but I can't be sure. I just remember being kind of shocked by that as a kid.

Vader was stripped of the U.S. title for beating up Dave Sullivan.

Wow. If anything, he should have been given a World Title shot for beating up that loser.

Here's one I've maybe asked about before...my memory is really vague on this, but I remember on an episode of WCW Saturday Night around '92 or '93, some heel went off on some profanity laced tirade (censored of course). The next week, Tony Schiavone (I think) said the guy was banned from TBS programming for the time being. Does anyone know who this was? I wanna say it was maybe Dallas Page or someone like that, but I can't be sure. I just remember being kind of shocked by that as a kid.

I know DDP was definitely banned around that time, as he made mention of the NWA World Tag Team Title tournament on TV before anybody in charge announced it on TV, but I don't recall any profanity, but I also haven't seen the angle since it originally aired.

To also answer an earlier question:

When did Harley Race stop managing Vader? I don't seem to remember him being around for the Hogan feud but definitely remember him still there when Vader was the U.S. Champion in early 1995.

Race injured his hip (I think, it might have been his knee) in a car accident sometime between Starrcade 1994 and the January 1995 Clash of the Champions and ended up needing surgery.

Another interesting question, how many matches did Hulk Hogan wrestle in 1995?

Clash of the Champions (w. Randy Savage v. Kevin Sullivan & The Butcher)

Superbrawl V (v. Vader)

Uncensored (v. Vader)

Slamboree (w. Savage v. Vader & Flair)

Bash at The Beach (v. Vader)

Clash of the Champions (v. Kamala)

Nitro (v. Big Bubba)

Fall Brawl (War Games)

Halloween Havoc (v. The Giant)

Nitro (v. Sting)

World War 3 (60 Man Battle Royal)

Thats all I can think of, but I am guessing there may have been another Nitro match in there.

Lest we forget about the match he and Savage had against the Bruise Brothers (Harris twins) on Worldwide. IIRC, they then came back the next week in lucha outfits to combat Vader/Flair.

This was all leading up to Slamboree 95.

I remember Hogan actually did one or two matches on WCW Pro (their Sunday afternoon program which usually had a bunch of low card squash matches) when that show first debuted.

Lest we forget about the match he and Savage had against the Bruise Brothers (Harris twins) on Worldwide. IIRC, they then came back the next week in lucha outfits to combat Vader/Flair.

This was all leading up to Slamboree 95.

VIDEO~

Lucha Hulk