TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Dusty going to Crockett robbed Florida of Dusty, Windham, Rotondo, Ron Bass and others almost right away

So JCP hurt alot of groups too.

Rhodes came to Crockett in 1984/85. Windham and Rotunda didn't head to Crockett until around 1986/1987, when Florida was pretty much on its ass anyways. Rhodes, even with Crockett, had a financial stake in Florida until Crockett bought it in 1987.

Windham and Rotondo were in JCP prior to the WWF run in late 1984/early 85, so yeah they went with Dusty

Dusty going to Crockett robbed Florida of Dusty, Windham, Rotondo, Ron Bass and others almost right away

Rhodes came to Crockett in 1984/85. Windham and Rotunda didn't head to Crockett until around 1986/1987, when Florida was pretty much on its ass anyways. Rhodes, even with Crockett, had a financial stake in Florida until Crockett bought it in 1987.

Windham and Rotondo were in JCP prior to the WWF run in late 1984/early 85, so yeah they went with Dusty

What years were they there? Windham started in Florida around 1980, worked in Knoxville (Which Mulligan had an interest in as did Flair) before going back to Florida. His last Florida reign started in May of 1984, and he along with Rotondo was in the WWF later that year. I'm not saying he didn't work for Crockett in a one-off type of thing, but just looking at Windham's history, I don't see an extended period where he was with Crockett before '86.

What years were they there? Windham started in Florida around 1980, worked in Knoxville (Which Mulligan had an interest in as did Flair) before going back to Florida. His last Florida reign started in May of 1984, and he along with Rotondo was in the WWF later that year. I'm not saying he didn't work for Crockett in a one-off type of thing, but just looking at Windham's history, I don't see an extended period where he was with Crockett before '86.

Not sure how long they were there but prior to Starcade 84 they were at JCP TV tapings wrestling. Would've been longer you assume had Vince not come calling.

Did The Honky Tonk Man ever win a title defense by pinning his opponent or were they all DQ / count-out finishes?

I vaguely recall him beating mid-level guys by using the ropes or hitting them with Jimmy Hart’s megaphone. I can’t remember him beating anyone but jobbers with his Shake, Rattle and Roll finisher though.

Was Wrestlemania 6 Andre the Giant's last match ever?

Who was the suit with blond hair & glasses that always came to break up brawls in the late 80's early 90's?

ex. WM6 - Piper/Brown brawl

No, Andre wrestled semi-frequently in Japan and Mexico after WrestleMania VI. His last match was only a month or so before his untimely death. He wrestled mostly in tags and six man matches where he just kind of sat in the corner.

And I'm assuming the guy that you're talking about is former WWF job guy and one half of the second team to hold the WWWF Tag Team titles, Rene Goulet.

Refresh my battered memory as to why Tugboat was taken out of the SummerSlam 90 corne job for Hogan? He was injured by Quake kayfabe wise, but was there more to it?

I thought they just made the switch because Boss Man was a bigger star than Tugboat.

What was said about Vince's tactics was true. If I recall correctly, Vince offered Harley Race a lot of money to no-show Starrcade vs. Ric Flair and join the WWF.

I'm currently watching an old 1988 show from the Boston Garden before Wrestlemania 4, courtesy of WWE Old School from WWE 24/7, which I currently have burned onto DVD, and I wanna know something about this certain storyline that was apparently going on, back then. They were apparently running some kind of tease storyline between Gorilla Monsoon and "The Outlaw" Ron Bass. Gino was calling the show with Lord Alfred Hayes, and Gino was interviewing Ron Bass. For some reason, Bass was constantly taunting Monsoon, and challenging him to a match. Gino refused to accept, telling him that he's retired, and that he's a man of his word.

My question is, what was Vince trying to accomplish between Gorilla Monsoon and Ron Bass?

I'm currently watching an old 1988 show from the Boston Garden before Wrestlemania 4, courtesy of WWE Old School from WWE 24/7, which I currently have burned onto DVD, and I wanna know something about this certain storyline that was apparently going on, back then. They were apparently running some kind of tease storyline between Gorilla Monsoon and "The Outlaw" Ron Bass. Gino was calling the show with Lord Alfred Hayes, and Gino was interviewing Ron Bass. For some reason, Bass was constantly taunting Monsoon, and challenging him to a match. Gino refused to accept, telling him that he's retired, and that he's a man of his word.

My question is, what was Vince trying to accomplish between Gorilla Monsoon and Ron Bass?

Could just be trying to push Bass as a "challenge anything that moves" kind of a dick heel. Basically Bass is such a badass that he'll challenge a long since retired announcer to a match.

It was on TWA's website in very shitty 28.8k quality. It wasn't that great. It was a total garbage/weapons match. HBK only took one back bump the whole match.

On the 5/19/97 Raw episode, Michaels & Bret agree to a match at King of the Ring. Why doesn't the match take place? Seems like it was definately in the plans since they took about 10 minutes going through the stipulations & everything. Was Bret still too injured to fight or did one or both refuse to wrestle the other due to their hatred?

Also, on this episode Michaels refers to Bret being with Sunny. Was this always just speculation or did Bret actually get with Sunny? If just speculation, what's the background info as to why & how this rumor got started?

On the 5/19/97 Raw episode, Michaels & Bret agree to a match at King of the Ring. Why doesn't the match take place? Seems like it was definately in the plans since they took about 10 minutes going through the stipulations & everything. Was Bret still too injured to fight or did one or both refuse to wrestle the other due to their hatred?

Also, on this episode Michaels refers to Bret being with Sunny. Was this always just speculation or did Bret actually get with Sunny? If just speculation, what's the background info as to why & how this rumor got started?

According to Sunny, the rumors started because Bret apparently dressed in Sunny's dressing room because he was being a loner or whatever the case may be. Anyways, she said her, Chris, and Bret spent a lot of time together that way. The funny thing is that her and Shawn had the relationship.

Re: Bret/Michaels. They got into a famous locker room brawl prior to the event, and WWE scrapped the match.

Their fight took place the night after King of the Ring. The match was scrapped because Bret wasn't able to recover enough from surgery he'd undergone.