TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

The ONE and ONLY Storm Comments Thread!!

Well, I'm fixing to indulge into what looks to be like a stellar show, and for some reason I have the urge to comment rather than groan amongst myself. Comment's in a few...

Edited by Secret Agent

Guest Beezel

Ouch. It was very odd working with just 3500 words, and it probably showed in my match. Congratulations to Atlas for telling a good story with the restriction. Better luck to me next time.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I just read through the Wild and Dangerous match and I want to thank you guys for doing such a good job with the storyline. Bringing quotes from our first promo and playing off of previous stuff was really good and showed research by you guys. The match was also hotter than hell when you finally got Frost in gear, although I would have tried to use Pete more. The only major thing I would say is that the match did feel spotty, but that appears to be the nature or your guys' writing. I would work on match construction and build. I would also like to hear Grand Slam's thoughts on both matches.

Guest Ace309

Let me recommend to everyone that you read the Wild and Dangerous match. As Frost said, they did a great job with the storyline Frost has been working for the past few shows, and say hello to character motivation.

Silent also wrote a humdinger of a match, and MVS's promo included a reference to me breaking his leg. So there!

Surprisingly enough, the word limit didn't bother me as much as it usually does. The match came out pretty much the way I had it in my mind, though it all could have been written better had there been a better word cushion. Still, I only went 18 words over when I finished, and it only took the removal of two lines of commentary to fix that.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Waitaminute! We won?

:: reads card ::

:: faints ::

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

I don't usually do this, but... how was my match? I only ask because lately my writing has been loving the cock (due to my mood swings effecting the quality, and word limits suddenly becoming a HUGE problem,) and I'd like to know where I really need to improve. I know that my matches are often times lacking basic build-up as of late, and that's probably the biggest problem of all, but any other words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and words of praise too, if you can find something to praise. ;)

On another note, I did read Silent's match and it was superb. If he keeps this up, then he's gonna explode into the upper-uppercard scene real fast, yo.

Guest Coffin Surfer

For TNT:

Nielsen jumping TNT before the bell is good, since that's always a sure fire way to stay true to his character. I like the quick near fall, in real life this is a good way to shock a crowd and get their attention. As is the quick finisher tease.

Nielsen biting is a nice touch. TNT's extensive beating is sweet, good way to get some heat and establish yourself as the baby face. It also works very well as the build and body of the match. TNT going for the Belly to Belly Suplex(I think), only to collapse from the punishment is indeed one of the finest damn spots I've ever read in the fed! Kudos and more Kudos, for that spot alone I would put this as a MOTYC.

Eh, take that back, I don't like the one move transition after TNT took so much punishment, only to get back in control with one reversal. I like TNT getting some payback with the chairshots, revenage spots are always good. Nielsen come's back is decent enough, and the ending was nice and low key.

Overall, I really dig this match. It wasn't overly nutty, yet still managed to be pretty exciting with some surprisenly good selling for a Hardcore Match. Sadly, I think word limits may have hurt it a tad, a lack of near falls and signature moves at the end gave the match a bit of an incomplete feeling.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Thanks Danny, your comments are greatly appreciated. I kind of realized a lot of the things that you pointed out, most of all the whole word limit thing (and the lack of finishers at the end), but the comments still really helped. Thanks again.