TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realitycheck

Archiving.

Guest realitycheck

Okay... so G mentions in chat if we've completed any archiving of IGNWF stuff. Strangler and I say we're not really sure whether or not anyone has done any in-depth archiving of the old stuff.

Mr. G then says that we'd better hurry it up, then, because it appears that some people want to start using the board. This means that the IGNWF content will likely be wiped for whatever new fed gets put in.

This revelation actually makes me, y'know, go out and do something. Unless I know otherwise, there hasn't been any extensive archiving by anyone for IGNWF shows/promos. If I'm wrong, do inform me on here. If I'm right, then here's how I suggest going about doing it...

From the first archived show that hasn't been deleted, to the last show on the boards, I've broken everything down into 2 month segments. It comes to a grand total of seven, plus one person who would go around and collect all of the PPV's. I think we have enough Insiders to go around, but if not, some shows being lost in the annals of time in the first segment, and the last segement being slightly shorter means someone could take doubles if they wanted. Also, if a person going through their two month period found any notable promos, they'd be expected to gather those as well. This archiving would apply to the WF only, as although the JL shows were important, it would just be far too tedious for someone to get everything from both leagues.

So, provided we don't have anyone who's already archived everything by their lonesome, any takers? Here's the breakdown:

November 3rd, 2000 - February 22nd, 2002

===

November 3rd 2000 - January 1st, 2000 - Judge

January 2nd, 2001 - March 1st, 2001 -Dace

March 2nd, 2001 - May 1st, 2001 - TNT

May 2nd, 2001 - July 1st, 2001 - Mark

July 2nd, 2001 - September 1st, 2001 - Raynor

September 2nd, 2001 - January 1st, 2002 - Z

January 2nd, 2002 - February 22nd, 2002 - HVT

PPV's - Z

-Z

Edited by realitycheck

Guest Powerplay

I'll try taking Nov 2000-January 1st, 2001. Let's do this quickly, people.

Guest Dace59

If someone sorts it all out into a set of files, I'll host it up on my site so people can just dl them to look at them.

Not great easy viewing, but a load of Zip files would work.

Guest HVilleThugg

I don't have Insider, but if someone who does (but doesn't have time to archive) wants to loan me their info, I can also help.

Da "let me know" H

Guest Dace59

Yep, if any of the Insiders don't have Boardband/ Cable, just hand their accounts over to people that do to make it quicker.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I have Insider. I have no time to do this. Therefore, anyone that wishes to use my account may PM me. However, the only condition on this is that you have to post once at IGN, and that post has to slam Galatea.

OK, maybe not. But bonus points if you do.

Guest HVilleThugg

I'm doing Jan/2002 - Feb/2002

Da "gettin' it done!" H

PS - where are we putting all this stuff?

Guest Crowe

I have Insider but I also do not have the time to archive (especially the next two days... yeesh). So if Thugg or Dace or anyone wants to use my login and password, send me a private message and I'll give ya my shit.

\m/

Guest HVilleThugg

Give it to Dace. I'm using Strangler's...

Da "should probably do his work, but fuck that...i'd much rather archive" H

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Throw somethin' my way.

No one will mind of I grab a few must-have classic JL matches too though while I'm at it, will they?

Guest realitycheck

Okay.... Mark, Dace, TNT, I've singed you up for the three sets of dates after Judge. TNT, if you find any JL stuff you've got the additional time to grab, do so. It's not that I think the JL history is inconceqential, but it would just take too much time to get the WF and the JL shows.

Also, do to a small mis-calculation on the dates, the section before January-Feb 2002 is now bigger than all the rest. So I'll take that one, in addition to the PPV's.

EDIT: Alright, Dace, changed.

EDIT DEUX: Bah. Okay, changed again.

-Z

Edited by realitycheck

Guest Dace59

I'll just save everything within the dates and zip it up, no problem really.

Guest Dace59

Z, change it back, I've started on the Jan - March 2k1 stuff now.

Sorry man.

Guest chirs3

I'll borrow Strangler's account and get July to September of '01.

What am I looking for, just shows and notable promos?

Guest realitycheck

Pretty much, Raynor. Ignore any PPV's you find, as I'm gathering all those up.

-Z

I could host it on my personal server, if need be. Either that or the webstapce Johnny provided for the sites. I just don't want to pimp out his bandwidth myself.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I also have a ton of space on my UVA account, so I can host stuff there for people if need be. We'd have to move it in two years, but eh...it's there.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Oh, and hey, we already have the final ML show somewhere, right?

Guest KingOfOldSchool

I was thinking; did Dames give us just the sub-domain or the domain and space? If need be, we could throw the archives up there, while continuing to use theswf.net as the actual 'current' site. Although it seems as if we'll (possibly) have more than enough space for the archives as it stands, without Dames' donation, and it may be a hassle having to keep track of two separate sites.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I like Manson's idea of using Dames' site as an archive site. Odds are we don't need it for the fed, so we might as well just put it up as an archive with a rudimentary menu, and link to it from our official website.

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, sorry, but we won't be using Dames' space for archiving. CC and I have already come up with what we wanna do with that space.

Da "now if only that damn Thugg would get off his ass and do it already" H

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Well, sorry, but we won't be using Dames' space for archiving. CC and I have already come up with what we wanna do with that space.

Da "now if only that damn Thugg would get off his ass and do it already" H

Oh no, not another SWF CC Online HoDown.

Guest midnight_burn

It looks like all the WF stuff is taken care of, but if someone lent me an insider account i could get all the JL or ML stuff or something if people think it's worth saving, it's not like i have anything better to do. Unless someone's already doing/done that, in which case it's all good.