TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Would RVD vs. Kane be all that bad?

Half the people that I have talked to have told me that RVD-Kane will suck when one turns and they have a match. I liked their match on RAW a few months back. I think a PPV match with a build up would be great. Thoughts?

Guest Cerebus

I don't think it would be bad per se, just that most people here think that RVD is destined for greater things than having a midcard match with Kane.

Guest croweater

A few years ago Kane vs. RVD would have been main event material......... put them in fueds with HHH and look where it gets you.

Guest Hulkamania Fan

Rvd vs Kane on Raw a few months ago sucked. I think it this team split it would be better for both men but some good has come from this team. Look below for details.

Rvd mic skills have got better

Both men won the tag titles and beat the great L.O.D

Both men be in almost every ppv.

Rvd is way over with the fans again just like he was when he joined the Wwe

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Kane is slow & lumbering.

RVD can't carry people.

All I can see out of this match-up would be a clash of styles, and a poor match.

Guest OnlyMe

RVD-Kane will suck when one turns.

Isn't it sad that it's come to that.

Guest Hulkamania Fan

You might think they will suck when they split but you know Kane has had huhe success when he was alone. Kane needs to leave Rvd.

And RVD needs to leave Kane. You are right, RVD's mic skills have improved, and therefore he should be able to carry himself on his own in a month or two. Have a Kane-RVD match at SummerSlam, and then have one of them win the World Title a couple of months later. Then everything will be OK, except Tripel H is still the Champ...

Guest Will Scarlet

I think the match would be rather average, nothing special or terribly memorable. I really have stopped caring about the both of them since they started teaming. Those tag belts seem like a black hole.

Guest Kamui

RVD has been doing the same moves for two years now. I haven't been a fan since the ECW matches with Jerry Lynn- the last truely excellent matches he ever had.

Kane, meanwhile, is a pretty good big man who can be carried by the right wrestler in the right situation. A match with Rob Van Dam, however, is neither.

-Duo

Guest The Rising Star

RVD must somehow find a way of carrying Kane, but I think if both men bring their A-game, we can see a match that's great.

Come on, Kane IS a good wrestler, maybe not great, but certainly good.

Guest Kamui

I said Kane was "pretty good", but he's limited in what he can actually do.

You can sum up this entire thing with two simple questions: When has RVD ever carried someone? When has Kane ever carried someone? Both men aren't the carriers, they are the carried. Putting them together isn't going to result with anything above "average".

-Duo

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I've yet to see anything that would convince me Kane is a good wrestler. He's just another generic big-man, albeit 1 w/ expensive pyro.

Guest razazteca

They need to split but sadly it seems that they are one of two over tag teams on Raw.

Guest CanadianChick
They need to split but sadly it seems that they are one of two over tag teams on Raw.

But that's because RVD is still very over with the fans. You could have seriously put him with any other guy and got the same result. I still don't see why they don't capitalize on RVD's reaction and try to make money off him instead of trying to get Nash to have a half-way decent reaction.

As for the match, I would probably like it, but that's because I generally like RVD matches. To me though, it wouldn't exactly be the match that is important, but the result of the match, by which I mean RVD and Kane split for good.

I've yet to see anything that would convince me Kane is a good wrestler. He's just another generic big-man, albeit 1 w/ expensive pyro.

Well...he may not be a good wrestler, but he's more than just a generic big guy.

Generic big guys can't do Enzuigiri's, Hurricanranas, or too many top rope moves.

Guest Anglesault
Come on, Kane IS a good wrestler, maybe not great, but certainly good.

No, not at all. That's one of the major contibuting factors to Kane never having good matches.

Kane, meanwhile, is a pretty good big man

I HATE that phrase.

"Oh, well, he's TALL, so he has every right to suck up the ring. In he rare case that he can actually RUN, well damn, what are you waiting for? 18 month title reign!"

I don't care how tall he is. He's bad for a wrestler.

Guest Anglesault
Generic big guys can't do Enzuigiri's, Hurricanranas, or too many top rope moves.

Let's see. He did a Hurricanranna ONCE, TWO YEARS AGO, He hasn't enziguried anyone in forever, and his big "OMG HOW CAN HE DO IT~?" top rope move is a CLOTHESLINE

Guest Downhome

On the scale of 1 to I Don't Give A Fuck To See RVD vs Kane...

...I don't give a fuck.

I hope they loose the titles (not now, just sometime down the line as I DO like them as a duo for the time being, but DAMNIT, don't loose them to the French guys) and then just go their seperate ways.

Guest Memphis
Come on, Kane IS a good wrestler, maybe not great,  but certainly good.

No, not at all. That's one of the major contibuting factors to Kane never having good matches.

Kane, meanwhile, is a pretty good big man

I HATE that phrase.

"Oh, well, he's TALL, so he has every right to suck up the ring. In he rare case that he can actually RUN, well damn, what are you waiting for? 18 month title reign!"

I don't care how tall he is. He's bad for a wrestler.

A-F'N-men

RVD/Kane would and will suck should it occur.

Neither man have any ability to properly sell moves (Benoit/Hitman/Triple H (when he's on) being examples of 'properly'). As I documented in this folder a few weeks ago, within the tag team title match containing Triple H & Ric Flair vs. RVD & Kane, Flair & Trips worked Van Dam's leg for the majority of the match.

How did this match conclude?

RVD hit a martial arts kick from the top rope, sprung to his feet and nailed his 5 Star Frog Splash.

If *THAT* is how he defines selling than the claims from posters here that he is overrated could not be any more true.

I wouldn't pay to see RVD/Kane, I wouldn't want to watch RVD/Kane and nothing good can come from RVD/Kane.

So, I ask - Why start a thread about it?

M

Guest Space_Cowboy

RVD-Kane would just be the same forgettable crap 95% of all WWE matches are, probably not terrible but by no means good either.

RVD can have a good match with basically anyone. Kane is not a generic big man, he is much more than that. He is alot better than you guys give him credit for, so where's the love?

Guest croweater

The Problem I'm finding with Kane at the moment is that his gimmik has no real place in the WWE.

With no real Undertaker there is no mystery to the WWE any more and no supernatural elements which was once what held my interest. Without this Kane can not survive on his own. His gimmik can not survive and it doesn't work when it is modernised (as it has been recently) cos it makes no sense....... hence no one is into him and you can't have a good match if you've got no heat.

Guest Memphis
RVD can have a good match with basically anyone. Kane is not a generic big man, he is much more than that. He is alot better than you guys give him credit for, so where's the love?

Rob Van Dam is one of the most reptetitive, overrated and boring wrestlers I've ever witnessed. I enjoyed him in debut stint with the then WWF, but his act ran cold very fast after I realised he was only good for a gymnastics display, at best.

I'm not educated in the background or history of Rob Van Dam, but if his recent WWE work is anything to go by then your claims that he can 'have a good match with basically anyone' are false.

If he's so fantastic then I'm sure he could of made one of the French Roid Machines on RAW look halfway decent.

He didn't.

M

Guest Goodear
If he's so fantastic then I'm sure he could of made one of the French Roid Machines on RAW look halfway decent.

He didn't.

I don't think anyone can make those two crackers look like much of anything. Since most of RVD's 'making other people look good' comes from his bumping (but not selling) all they would have to do would be to hit some sort of offense. But La Resistance suck so bad they don't actually know any moves and there is only so many ways to bump for a punch.

Anyway, RVD isn't the best in world by any stretch of the imagination and he does tend to repeat himself, at least he's not the same as anyone else on the roster (try and tell a Kane match from a Undertaker match based on moveset and you'll find very little difference). And that, coupled with his charisma at least makes RVD somewhat viable as someone that WWE shoulder consider doing something with more than they are.

Guest AndrewTS

RVD has some cool spots. He's lousy as a wrestler.

Kane has some cool spots (and using a Hurrancanrana or Enzui Giri the way he does is still just a spot). He's lousy as a wrestler.

Lousy wrestler + Lousy wrestler = lousy match.

Bret Hart vs. Yankem was about 5 times better than this match has any chance of being.

Guest Dufflecoat Supreme

The only way it could be watchable at all if it was a 5 minute match where Kane can 'wow' us all with the enziguri, hurricanrana etc. and RVD can pull out his usual spots.

They'd be better served making it a hardcore match, at least it would be something different and not the usual...

Guest BionicRedneck

It would be fucking awful.

At some time or another, you must have noticed that Kane can't work.

Guest humongous2002

The only way that RVD can carry Kane to a good match is if he wrestles in a no dq match, to those people that haven't had the luck of seeing RVD's matches from ECW don't know what the fuck they are talking about, the guy had more freedom in his matches, the only thing he did was a lot of stalling but that was more to get himself over with the fans.And as "lousy" of a wrestler he could be, Rob is still over with the fans, after being misused all the time the people still chant RVD out loud.Right now Kane is leeching off of Rob, the only reason people care about that team is because of Rob, the only ones that don't see it these way are the politicians in the locker room.