TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dvkorn

Various....

Guest dvkorn

Russo's back! This is unfortuate news in my eyes because i think after he left the show/recaps of shows sounded like they got much much better. Hopefully, Russo doesn't clog up the program talking like he did when he was around.

And if he is back as the leader of SEX, i don't like that either. I was never really fond of a non wrestler being a faction leader because well, they are non wrestlers, so they can't really be in a match, they couldn't have a belter as a blowoff. But i'll admit it, in my eyes, when Jarrett won the title and Russo returned it did jump start TNA, to having more exciting shows. Whilst some before it were really good (eg 18, i think) i think it really started fr the better after Jarrett won the title and the SEX/NWA feud came about. But also at the time Jarrett won the title and Russo came in, they had just started to get the backing of PANDA which helped a great deal and thus the shows got new talent and became more exciting.

Anyway....Jarrett seems to be turning heel again, which is good because Jarrett as a heel works much better than him as a face. Although, i haven't minded his run as a face champion, i think it has been good. It seems, unlike most TNA fans, i like long title reigns and this has been a long one and that has been good. TNA, imo, needed a recognisable face as their champion for a while and Jarrett was a good candidate for that. To people who say, it has been boring. It hasn't in my opinion. He has had some tremendous feuds, or didn't you see the feuds with Styles or Raven, or are you just Jarrett haters??

The seeds of Jarrett's turn - (Credit: Dames Diatribe) "Jarrett heads to the ring and takes THE STICK~! He openly acknowledges the boos on the mic and says "You think that Raven should be the NWA World Champion don't you? The crowd cheers and chants Raven's name, so Jarrett responds with "Well, life sucks and then you die!"

Also, it seems like they are bringing into storylines Jarrett 'power'. And, IMO, if Jarrett used his power like every Jarrett hater says he does i don't think he would want it to be used as a story. You don't see HHH doing that do ya. I think Jarrett just wants whats best for his company. Anyway, thats just my opinion. If you don't like it, oh well.

And, it looks as though D'Lo and AJ are back in the hunt for the World title sure to bring some entertaining match between the 2.

World title picture looks good now. Jarrett, Raven, Styles, D'Lo & Gilberti. 4 out of the 5 i like and the 5th is growing on me.

And it looks as though Punk may become a regular on TNA now. After being on a couple of weeks in a row. Thats is definately good news.

Other people thoughts ?

Guest acnx
Anyway....Jarrett seems to be turning heel again, which is good because Jarrett as a heel works much better than him as a face. Although, i haven't minded his run as a face champion, i think it has been good. It seems, unlike most TNA fans, i like long title reigns and this has been a long one and that has been good. TNA, imo, needed a recognisable face as their champion for a while and Jarrett was a good candidate for that. To people who say, it has been boring. It hasn't in my opinion. He has had some tremendous feuds, or didn't you see the feuds with Styles or Raven, or are you just Jarrett haters?? 

I agree, I would rather see Jarrett as a heel, especially now that the crowd is turning on him. I wish they would have started the "Triple J" angle the week after the Raven/Jarrett match, instead of blowing the crowd heat off as nothing. Atleast they are capitilizing on it now.

But, I don't think the reason most people think Jarrett's title run has been boring has been because they are "Jarrett Haters", but because it's just been a stale run. Yes, those two fueds were great, and I loved them...but my problem with it is that Jarrett wrestles what...MAYBE once a month? The title run isn't stale because of Jarrett, I believe it's bad booking. The title should also be defended more often in my opinion.

Also, it seems like they are bringing into storylines Jarrett 'power'. And, IMO, if Jarrett used his power like every Jarrett hater says he does i don't think he would want it to be used as a story. You don't see HHH doing that do ya. I think Jarrett just wants whats best for his company. Anyway, thats just my opinion. If you don't like it, oh well.

I think most people that are against Jarrett's run know that he isn't abusing his power backstage. But if you look at the ending to the Raven/Jarrett match, and how weak it made Raven look, then you can see where the Jarrett/HHH comparison comes in at. Jarrett looked like Superman, and Raven looked weak as hell. The match could have been so much better, even with Jarrett retaining the title...but the ending was so fucked up.

And, it looks as though D'Lo and AJ are back in the hunt for the World title sure to bring some entertaining match between the 2.

Can't wait for D'Lo and AJ to get back into the World Title hunt. The matches to come will definitely be great, and it adds a lot to the title, the way D'Lo and AJ seperated like they did.

World title picture looks good now. Jarrett, Raven, Styles, D'Lo & Gilberti. 4 out of the 5 i like and the 5th is growing on me.

Thankfully, Gilberti will be out of the title picture next week. I'm glad they gave him the chance to shine, but I think a lot of people still see the Disco Inferno when they see him.

And it looks as though Punk may become a regular on TNA now. After being on a couple of weeks in a row. Thats is definately good news.

Sure is. :headbang:

Guest dvkorn

Great reply!

In regards to a stale run. I'd somewhat agree. He doesn't wrestle often which is a problem. They should have him in matches not neccesarily title matches though, more often.

Like i read a while ago from Bob Ryder, i think. The less title matches there are, the higher the anticipation is, which is correct. So, he should be wrestling in like tags like Jarrett/AJ Vs Raven/Gilberti or something which can continue the feuds.

In regards to the Jarrett/Raven I, match finish. I am in Australia so i have not seen it yet. Tape should be here soon. But from what i have read here and various other places it was a fucked up finish. I shall comment more when i see it.

I don't know if this is the case but does anyone know who books the matches? Because it seems like Russo is having his hand in it with interference & ref bumps in matches. Because when he was booking WCW, there were run in's galore and now in TNa there are run ins galore.

yeah, so.....

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll say this for Jarrett.

Despite the following two things that I absolutely HATE:

1. His very infrequent title defenses

2. His very stale title reign

Somehow it has all come together so that every time he does have a title match...I get all ancy and excited hoping to see a switch.

I like his infrequent title defenses for the fact that you don't know who's gonna win. For instance, Styles and Raven's matches with him. He doesn't have matches where you can really say, oh Jarrett's gonna win...it's unpredictable.

But I do think he should wrestle more, whether it be in tag matches or non-title matches.

One thing I'd like to see more is X Division matches. Like, 2 matches at least a night.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

The only flaw I saw with the original post is that Jarrett isn't as big a name as Raven is, and never will be. Raven has a cult following of fans from all over the world, and that following greatly outnumbers Jarrett's fans. I'm not saying Jeff doesn't have his supporters and his fans, because he does, but Raven is both the more popular worker and the better one, in my eyes. His not winning of the NWA World title, albeit necessary due to his not signing of a contract immediately, was what made many hate Jarrett, as "Raven - NWA World champion" makes more sense than "Jarrett - NWA World champion" to almost everybody.

Guest Tony149
I don't know if this is the case but does anyone know who books the matches? Because it seems like Russo is having his hand in it with interference & ref bumps in matches. Because when he was booking WCW, there were run in's galore and now in TNa there are run ins galore.

Reports say Jerry Jarrett is the one whose making Jeff look like Superman, while Russo & Jeff want to make Jarrett's character more human.

Guest acnx

Reports say Jerry Jarrett is the one whose making Jeff look like Superman, while Russo & Jeff want to make Jarrett's character more human.

Makes sense, I'm sure Jeff is smart enough to know going out there and looking like unhuman isn't going to help him out, when most fans of TNA are smart marks.