TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slapnuts00

Wrestlecrap's RD Reynolds' Thoughts

Guest Slapnuts00

As promised, I caught this week's NWA-TNA show. I was really hyped for the show, as I had seen some tapes of shows from earlier this year, and found them to be a somewhat enjoyable diversion. Sadly, that was not the case with this week's effort. Hell, it even topped out one of the worst Raws I can remember to "win" this week's WrestleCrap definition!

The first thing I noticed is that for a show billing itself as "nonstop action" there sure was a lot of talking. LOTS of talking. And backstage skits that went absolutely nowhere. For example, the Harris twins were pummeled with baseball bats during one segment, then appeared later not only showing no ill effect, but not out for revenge or anything.

Speaking of which, how in the hell do the Harris twins have jobs anyway? I swear, when I saw them appear on my screen, it was as if some mystical force was sapping the very consciousness from my being. I guess someone must have a fetish for guys with misplaced nipples.

There were a few folks I was excited to see. Christopher Daniels for one. Too bad, having never seen the guy before, I didn't know who he was when he appeared on screen. This was due to the fact that TNA failed to have graphics designating who folks were during anything but ring introductions. And even then, they didn't always identify the wrestlers. Memo to TNA: you have new viewers tuning in every week (hopefully). Help them feel comfortable by clearly identifying your stars.

Still, there was some stuff worth checking out. It's amazing to me just how much Elix Skipper has improved. I always thought he was decent enough back in WCW, but man, he was really looking sharp Wednesday. Daniels looked really good too. And, of course, it was great to see Chris Harris, who I worked many shows with back when I was on the indy circuit.

Other random thoughts: Glen Gilberti was a million times more entertaining as Disco Inferno. There were way too many unattractive women on the show. Don West is a really bad announcer. The Hard 10 match seemed like a throwback to the horrid AWF round system. And there's never, ever a reason to have Vince Russo as an on-screen character, especially not one that factors in the main event of the evening.

Overall, I just found the show to be dull. In fact, by the end, I was just begging for the show to be over. Maybe I just caught them on an off-week?'

Over the next couple of months, I plan on looking into other wrestling organizations, in hopes of finding something more entertaining than WWE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA needs to dedicate themselves to putting on strong shows every week so they dont turn away potential new fans who are turning in for the first time. Us long time watchers know they have up and down weeks but if I was watching for the first time and I saw any of the past 3 weeks, I doubt I'd order again...

Guest sean pyro
TNA needs to dedicate themselves to putting on strong shows every week so they dont turn away potential new fans who are turning in for the first time.

This is something Raven says in all his interviews.

Guest Raven_Effect01
TNA needs to dedicate themselves to putting on strong shows every week so they dont turn away potential new fans who are turning in for the first time.

This is something Raven says in all his interviews.

And yet Russo and Jarrett don't listen to him...almost like when we used to try to make petitions to get WWE to improve when obviously we know they won't listen to us because we're "13 year old kids who don't know a thing about wrestling, don't know what goes on backstage, and have never stepped into a ring before".

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Give some non-Raven stuff to Raven to book. Guaranteed we'd see an influx in character development, and less bad skits.

Oh, and get somebody that knows ring psychology in and out to book the matches.

There! Simple!

No more Hard 10 tournaments, New Jack's used just for his Shark Boy segments and for run-in's, and people that are going to be wearing something that could affect their performance (ie. Trinity this past week) should have to train IN that attire.

And it's not that they're not listening to Raven, because they are. It's that TNA isn't sure what the fans want, more or less. Half of the fans want old-school wrestling, the other half want SP0RTZ 3NT3RT@1NM3NT~! They're still working on getting a good balance. Personally, they should just look at what made the April shows so good (Weeks 40-43), and try to use that formula.

hype up a match with a fan upsetting ending? anyone else read that xplosion report and the guy goes "we had a low fan turnout this week and many of us might know the reason why, but we wont go into that just yet."?

Guest The Rising Star

Hey, Slapnuts, are you RD Reynolds?

If so, I just wanted to say that wrestlecrap.com is one of the funniest sites out there, and I would like to apologize for fighting with you in the past.

Guest The Rising Star

Damn this "connection timed out" thing!

Edited by The Rising Star

Guest The Rising Star

Damn this "connection timed out" thing! Triple post!

Edited by The Rising Star