TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Czech Republic

The French Open

Guest The Czech Republic

We're down to the elite 8 in the women's and on our way there for the men. Predictions/hopes:

WOMEN'S DRAW

Serena Williams/Amelie Mauresmo

It'd be nice to see Mauresmo beat Serena in Paris, but we're probably headed for a 6-2 6-1 just because the Williamseses are the New Jersey Devils/Triple H of ladies' tennis: the boring crushers of dreams that screw up potentially good events with their inevitable and unwanted success.

Justine Henin/Chanda Rubin

I remember Rubin being pretty good, but Justine is a great player and she'll take this in three.

A Russian I Don't Know/A Russian I Don't Know That BEAT VENUS WILLIAMS

I dunno. Both are "photo not available" so I can't pick the hot Russian. But the one that prevented Williams Squared must be the awesomest.

Conchita Martinez/Kim Clijsters

I'm going for Clijsters to make it to the finals, preferably against Henin or Mauresmo, but she'll probably lose the championship to You Know Who.

There aren't enough guys in the draw to make prediuctions for the men, so I'll just say I hope Kuerten, Moya, and Agassi fare well.

Guest starvenger
We're down to the elite 8 in the women's and on our way there for the men. Predictions/hopes:

WOMEN'S DRAW

Serena Williams/Amelie Mauresmo

It'd be nice to see Mauresmo beat Serena in Paris, but we're probably headed for a 6-2 6-1 just because the Williamseses are the New Jersey Devils/Triple H of ladies' tennis: the boring crushers of dreams that screw up potentially good events with their inevitable and unwanted success.

Justine Henin/Chanda Rubin

I remember Rubin being pretty good, but Justine is a great player and she'll take this in three.

A Russian I Don't Know/A Russian I Don't Know That BEAT VENUS WILLIAMS

I dunno. Both are "photo not available" so I can't pick the hot Russian. But the one that prevented Williams Squared must be the awesomest.

Conchita Martinez/Kim Clijsters

I'm going for Clijsters to make it to the finals, preferably against Henin or Mauresmo, but she'll probably lose the championship to You Know Who.

There aren't enough guys in the draw to make prediuctions for the men, so I'll just say I hope Kuerten, Moya, and Agassi fare well.

Well, so much for Serena not playing men. :P

- Mauresmo will have the crowd, but she'll lose. I think she just beat Serena a tournament or two ago, so I'd think that Serena is looking to get that win back.

Winner: Serena Williams

- Is it me, or has Chanda Rubin been playing for like 20 years? She's one of those "under the radar" players that always have a decent showing but you'll never hear much about them.

Winner: Justine Hennin-Hardenne

- Nadia Petrova (see (very small) picture here) is apparently ranked 76 and beat Seles and Capriati in the French Open. Vera Zvonareva (another small picture) is ranked 21st and seeded 22nd, and of course beat Venus. I have no idea who to pick, so I flipped a coin.

Winner: Nadia Petrova

- Conchita will be a sentimental favourite, but I don't see Clijsters choking like her boyfriend on the men's side.

Winner: Kim Clijsters