TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Risk

What if vince had destroyed wcw

Guest Risk

Think about it.  What if Vince had fired everyone from WCW when he bought it?  We not have a reason for the split, and it would leave room for an upstart promotion.  Post your thoughts, in detail, about what you think would have happened if this occured.

Guest notJames

What if?!? He did destroy WCW. It was called the InVasion. Not one of those WCW stars has been given a real chance to succeed. Hence, WCW died along with its wrestlers' careers.

As for an upstart promotion, WWA is the closest thing and I don't see that getting anywhere near to becoming Vince's competition for many many many many years. And no matter how talented everyone might be, I don't see anyone with the bankroll and patience that could have or will match Vince and the Fed.

Guest Tony149

I agree. There would of been guys from the old WCW that could of been signed for an upstart promotion had Vince fired the guys he picked up. Then again, a new promotion needs a lot of money and a TV deal. Vince pretty much just bought the WCW video collection for the priced he paid for WCW. I wonder if Vince would of still bought WCW had he knew what was going to happen. He could of just let it die under AOL Time Warner, then picked whoever he wanted. He probably could of just bought the WCW video collection by itself.

Guest Risk

I mean if he just fired everyone when he first bought it.  Without any InVasion.  Everyone post their thoughts, in detail, about what would have happened.

Guest Anglesault

It would never work. No one would watch a show who's big star is Booker.

Guest notJames
It would never work. No one would watch a show who's big star is Booker.

It's true. It's d... oh nevermind. But really, AS is right.

Guest Risk

No one says Booker has to be the main star.  This is just about what YOU think would happen if Vince just fired all the WCW talent.

Guest muzanisa

If you're saying that he didn't hire anyone from WCW just bought the name and the library and let everything else go. Then the ex ECW guys wouldn't have ended up in HWA and OVW. The XWF and WWA would have healthier talent rosters. But whether they'd be any more successful is debatable. Austin wouldn't have feuded briefly with Booker so someone else would be in the mid-card as a result, RVD would be working the indys, Dreamer would have got a job through Paul E regardless.

I can't see it making that much of a difference because the only guy who's really over from that whole debacle is RVD who was a free agent with the demise of ECW anyway.

Hogan and Nash were always likely to come back at some point, same with Flair. By signing Perfect Vince sshowed that he wasn't going to let anyone else have a fair shake at starting up so I'd bet that Storm,Awesome, Palumbo, O'Haire, Sanders and a few others would be on at least developmental.

Booker would be signed but as a face,DDP and Bagwell would have been given a trial, The Kronik/Brothers of Destruction mess would still have happened.

As you can see I think that everything would have happened pretty much the same. The big difference is that everyone who follows wrestling would feel cheated out of the biggest angle of all time and Vince would have gotten serious backlash on that. At least we've seen it and it sucked. If we hadn't?

If the point of the split is to give more people TV time then it's a good thing and I'm glad it's happening.

Guest Anglesault
No one says Booker has to be the main star.  This is just about what YOU think would happen if Vince just fired all the WCW talent.

And Booker was the biggest name there.

I'd bet that Storm,Awesome, Palumbo, O'Haire, Sanders and a few others would be on at least developmental.

Storm and Developmental doesn't even belong in the same sentence, LoL. Too bad WWF can't see what a great talent he is.

Guest RickyB

And Booker was the biggest name there.

Nope, DDP was a much bigger star than Booker T.  DDP was way over as a face between 97 and early 99 and had a big heel run during 1999.  DDP was also way over in a face in 2000 during the Millionaires Club/New Blood angle.