TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Ban tank abbott...

This is a two-way street, Mole. I'm very sorry for your loss, and Tank Abbott, or anybody who has such little class to do what he did, deserves a banning. However, I would have taken up the issue personally with someone like The Dames, Dr. Tom, or another moderator of the site. I too would feel angered by his actions, but this was probably something best served to deal with in private with a mod. You only exposed yourself to more criticism, which I'm sure you did not want.

-Tiff

Guest Ripper

I know that Marney is a married smoker that is friends with Dr. Tom (and word is she has a cute ass...thats the rumour)

I know who has had threesomes(or came close Tom), who are virgins, CWM puts gnomes in his neighbors yard, Dames has dated quite a few hotties, that he got laid off last year, what alot of the posters look like, how Sweet&Sexy Diva's marrige is, who has kids, O.J. Harts excitement about getting laid, MYIOF has a friend that beats women and he has no problem with it, and that I really wish I was living in Rendclaws apartment...

Point is that we all know a ridiculous amount of information about each other because at one time or another we have shared our life experiences on this board. To tear into Mole for sharing something dear to him is to tear into everyone here. If he had posted the pic in NHB, then MAYBE that would've been out of line, but in general chat...where there are topics about prom pictures and frustration over having a small penis, he should be able to discuss whatever he wants. If you feel connected to his feelings, you are free to go in and discuss with him or ignore it. Taking distasteful shots at the guy was uncalled for and I really don't see how he could be painted as deserving it or should have expected it.

Guest BANKYWOOD
If I can't keep my word and I'm in charge, how would this be a good place to post at?

Dames

Its not.

:firing:

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Ripper's point is good. I talk about all kinds of shit on here that I prefer to keep to myself in real life. That's part of why I enjoy the place. I could probably see myself posting something like Mole did in the right circumstances, although I'd expect an asshole response or two. So, my view on the main issues of the thread:

Mole wasn't wrong in posting what he did, though he probably was overly sensitive about it. From what I know of Mole, that's what I'd expect him to do, so I can't really fault the guy for being himself.

I can understand Dames wanting to keep his word, but I don't think anyone would care if tank was just banned.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I guess it took all of two days to expose how little of a crackdown the "new" rules really are.

Spell poorly or forget to capitalize and you're gone...

Make a completely tasteless and hurtful post...not even in NHB...and get a nice shiny warning.

Jesus, I made a mistake and I admit it. I've continually said in this thread that I regret it. I was the first mod to respond and I used my discretion poorly.

Would *I* be wrong if I went back and banned him after saying that I would not? Yes. But that's out of personal pride.

The rules give the moderators more power, it doesn't tie their hands. Just because I won't ban the guy doesn't mean that I don't support his banning. I thought what he was said was tasteless and he should have been banned for it.

Hell, it took me a once over before I banned Jubuki and he offended me personally.

Look, if a mod wants to ban him, they have the power to do so. I never said you couldn't. I said *I* couldn't.

Dames

Guest BorneAgain
Jesus, I made a mistake and I admit it. I've continually said in this thread that I regret it. I was the first mod to respond and I used my discretion poorly.

Would *I* be wrong if I went back and banned him after saying that I would not? Yes. But that's out of personal pride.

The rules give the moderators more power, it doesn't tie their hands. Just because I won't ban the guy doesn't mean that I don't support his banning. I thought he was said was tasteless and he should have been banned for it.

Hell, it took me a once over before I banned Jubuki and he offended me personally.

Look, if a mod wants to ban him, they have the power to do so. I never said you couldn't. I said *I* couldn't.

Dames

Though I want him to be banned Dames, I respect your decision. This asshole isn't worth you going against your personal integrity. Besides he'll probably make some mistake and get himself banned anyway.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

In that case tank_abbott has hereby been banned.

It is my opinion that the point of the new rules is to get rid of the idiots...and in light of that post I can think of nothing more idiotic, juvenile or mean spirited.

Guest BorneAgain

It is my opinion that the point of the new rules is to get rid of the idiots...and in light of that post I can think of nothing more idiotic, juvenile or mean spirited.

Good riddance.

Guest Choken One

Ah...I kinda dug Tank...

I had pitty for the fucker...

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Look's like Tank's pants have been zipped.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
I guess it took all of two days to expose how little of a crackdown the "new" rules really are.

Spell poorly or forget to capitalize and you're gone...

Make a completely tasteless and hurtful post...not even in NHB...and get a nice shiny warning.

I was just thinking the same thing about the crackdown of the so called "new rules".

I applaud you for banning the bastard!

Guest Mole

Thanks bps.

Well, all I can say is I guess I leave myself open for shit, but that is the way I am I guess. People have different opinons on what I did and I can't change people's opinion.

Basically, I won't post stuff like this anymore and keep my 'personal' life out of TSM.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Look's like Tank's pants have been zipped.

After the 3-second castration of his tiny tinker, naturally.

Guest goodhelmet
...or forget to capitalize and you're gone...

nowhere in the rules does it have a capitalization requirement.

Guest SP-1
If I can't keep my word and I'm in charge, how would this be a good place to post at?

Dames

I haven't finished the thread yet and could give two shits if anyone yells at me about it, but I think a quote from The Wild Bunch gives my opinion on whether you should feel guilty about going back on your "Word" when the person in question is clearly a scumbag.

"It's not that you give your word, it's WHO YOU GIVE IT TO."

Sticking to your word in a situation like this, where the person you've bound yourself to is clearly undeserving is different than giving your word and keeping it to someone who deserves that level of respect from you. Your word only means something when it's applied for good things.

Guest bob_barron

If Dames gave his word that he wouldn't ban the guy then he shouldn't. It's that simple.

He wouldn't be a good admin if he kept going back on his word

Guest Rob Edwards

I don't know, if board opinion is strongly against something then I'd say he's able to reserve the right

Guest SP-1

He'd be a horrible admin if he never did the right thing because he habitually gave his word to cretins. Sticking to your word "just because" will get you into all sorts of trouble sooner or later. Be careful where you give it, and don't be afraid to break it if it's the right thing to do.

Guest bob_barron

Dames gave his word and he regretted it. But him going back on his word could set a dangerous precedent.

While I think Dames could've handled the situation differently (Which he admits himself so I won't give him any shit for it) if he says he's not going to ban someone then he shouldn't go back on it and ban him.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Since now's as good a time as any since the rules should be tested in their early stages:

If it had been Banky or IDRM who typed the simple gesture of *unzips pants*, would they have been banned as Tank was?

(Absolutely not meant to imply that Banky or IDRM would do something that low, or even really imply that Tank didn't deserve it. I just picked two names I saw in the thread. Just checking for gut reaction.)

Guest Anglesault

Tank shoud have been banned for the fake suicide.

This is not a shot at Dames, but If I were a mod (And the first one on the scene) Tank would have been banned so fast he would have wet himself.

Guest bob_barron

I do too chave. He could've easily gone back on his word and banned tank but chose to stick by his word despite the majority thinking he was wrong. This is why Dames is a great Admin

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I thought it was because of that time he licked a girl's ass.

I'm getting my greatness wires crossed.

Guest Anglesault
I do too chave. He could've easily gone back on his word and banned tank but chose to stick by his word despite the majority thinking he was wrong. This is why Dames is a great Admin

I think the circumstances should decide.

What's more important? Keeping your word to an asshole fuckhead who doesn't DESERVE it, or keeping the board peaceful?

I think the circumstances should decide.

What's more important? Keeping your word to an asshole fuckhead who doesn't DESERVE it, or keeping the board peaceful?

It's about his integrity, and i respect him for it. He said something and decided not to go back on it. If he would have gone back on it problems could arise from it. It's not as simple as you make it out to be Anglesault