TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Foley as Referee

This is the one thing that can make this match entertaining. Nash and Triple H will suck ass, but with Foley as the ref the match will be a little better.

Thoughts?

Guest Austin3164life
Only if he wrestles himself, throws himself off the roof of the cage onto a flaming barbed wire table while the two Clique stiffs sit in the corner, take notes, and clap appreciatively.

What a colorful imagination you have. Even Foley as ref won't make the match (which will hit GASP~! -****) better.

Guest bob_barron

They haven't actually announced Foley as ref yet.

How can a ref help a match become great?

Guest edotherocket

Although for workrate fanatics it won't improve the quality of the match itself per se, I personally find I can get in to a match a lot more if the crowd is into it. So if Foley is out there waving Mr Socko around or reading excerpts from his new book or WHATEVER and it makes the crowd come alive then I'm all for it.

There are ways, Bob. I see the fact that he...oh...ENFORCES THE RULES. You remember Bill Alphonso in ECW? In a match between Raven and Dreamer, he once disqualified Raven for...USING A CLOSED FIST!!! It's stuff like that that can make a match great.

Guest bob_barron

Foley's been special ref before and didn't add anything to the match.

See: HHH v. Angle.

He's not gonna take a big bump- I think the novelty will wear off 2 minutes after the match starts when the first chinlock kicks in

Guest two_tuff_toddy

The only way for this match to be good is as soon as both people are in the ring they run at each other and simultaneously tear their quads causing a double contout. THAT WOULD RULE!

No matter how bad this match is, and it will be horrible, it won't come close to the shitfest that was Undertaker vs Bossman. My single most hated match of all time.

Guest edotherocket

Foley works for me since he definitely would only come back for a one off and he isn't about to turn heel and I'm worried that the reason for this special referee is to do a screw job ending dragging this god forsaken feud out even longer.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

Of course they are going to draw this fued out until Summerslam. They wouldn't want to do anything the fans would like. Of course if it does end cleanly,hahahahahahhaha, HHH will just go on to job to Goldberg at SS which wouldn't be any better.

Guest Mole

It is pretty obvious they are talking about him.

He can't make it any better. NOTHING can make a Kevin Nash good, other than HBK in his prime. This match might be the worst of the year.

Guest edotherocket
Of course they are going to draw this fued out until Summerslam. They wouldn't want to do anything the fans would like. Of course if it does end cleanly,hahahahahahhaha, HHH will just go on to job to Goldberg at SS which wouldn't be any better.

I'd like to believe that WWE are just completely out of touch rather than booking this shit just to spite the fans.

Guest bob_barron

He could also be referring to Terry Funk who will take a sick bump and bleed all over the place which Foley may not do.

It IS in Texas after all

Guest edotherocket

Would that make you happy or anticipate the match more, Bob?

Guest two_tuff_toddy

WWF = Good

WWE= WCW 97-2000

If VInce and HHH stay in the exact positions in the company that they are now WWE will be gone in 3 years. Or bought out by someone who isn't named McMahon.

Guest bob_barron
Would that make you happy or anticipate the match more, Bob?

It wouldn't really do anything for me personally. Seeing Terry Funk again would be cool but in the end it's still Triple H v. Nash and it's still gonna suck.

Triple H's bladejob is probably going to be the highlight of the match

Guest two_tuff_toddy

"Triple H's bladejob is probably going to be the highlight of the match"

Just like his abortion of a match at Armegeddon vs HBK.

Foley can add at least comedy to the match, which will be so bad it won't even be laughable. Nonetheless, it will be awesome to have Foley on my TV again, even if its only for a couple of weeks.

Guest Mole
He could also be referring to Terry Funk who will take a sick bump and bleed all over the place which Foley may not do.

It IS in Texas after all

I bet it is Foley.

It IS in Texas after all

I bet it is Foley.

I bet it is too.

Guest drunkenscarredangel

Well, I guess someone's got to pop the crowd, might as well be Foley B-)

Guest Breetai

Well, they've hyped up a special referee in such a way that it CAN'T NOT be Foley, they've gotten the fans excited, and they've got the smarks talking.

Bait and switch.

Well, they've hyped up a special referee in such a way that it CAN'T NOT be Foley, they've gotten the fans excited, and they've got the smarks talking.

Bait and switch.

They didn't totally bait and switch tonight with the Rock...

What makes you think they'll bait and switch this time?

Guest Breetai

Bait and switch.

Um... Past experience?

Bait and switch.

Um... Past experience?

Perhaps they're trying to stop that...

OK...I may be blowing that out my ass...but hopefully not...

Guest Muzz

As long as he isn't taken out like at Wrestlemania, and the WWE somehow make his involvement mean something, then I'm all for it.

... But that is too much to ask the WWE. My second choice for a referee would be Liam Lynch, who would basically sum up what most people feel about the match.

Guest notJames

Mick Foley as ref? No way no day.

Three words:

1. Texas

2. Crazy

3. Funk (Terry)

'Nuff said.

Guest Goodear

By not being Earl Hebner and being the worse referee in the business?

Guest jester

When was the last time a surprise partner or ref turned out to be anyone interesting? I think they're going to disappoint here.

And how sad is it that they need a special ref to spice up HELL IN A CELL?

This going to be like that Taker/HHH match from last year that was nearly everyone's WMOTY. Punch punch punch kick blade job punch punch lie on the mat for five minutes...