TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Go on....Criticize me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There are certian posters that I look at and I just plain know that they don't belong here.

Be it stupidity, ignorance, hatred or whatever...some of these posters just have to go.

So if guys like Jubuki, Eyebrow, tank and Perfect Plex are banned for whatever reason...I consider it a plus...since they are all negatives.

As soon as Dames bans someone who is worth a shit for a reason that isn't...

I'll be the first one to criticize.

Good job Dames.

Guest Austin3164life

Whatever you feel is right for the good of the forum, I guess that's good enough, because you have not gone off the deep end.....yet :rolleyes:

The only thing that made my head turn slightly was Dr. Tom's reference to "established posters changing their style/method".

Guest phoenixrising

Dames, you're doing a fine job so far. Stop second-guessing yourself about banning people or banning people sooner. When you feel it needs to be done, just do it. No worries. I've been posting here since the old Ikonboard when Keith used to ban guys cause they pissed him off, so you have a long way to go toward being the ultimate power-hungry mod. The fact that you are second guessing yourself is good cause it means you're not out on vendettas or anything, but you should keep in mind that it's best for the board. After all man, it's YOUR board.

As for this folder, I rarely post in here, but the name should be changed. No Holds Barred implies that anyone can say anything, including racist and sexist comments. I would suggest either renaming it, or posting a warning detailing what is off-limits.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

just out of curiosity, why is there a flame folder?

and if you're going to ban people for particularly nasty name calling, won't people inevitably get banned if they keep getting nastier and nastier to eachother in flame threads?

just tell everybody to do thier bitch contests via PM or something, and it could solve some problems.

This is the only board I've ever been on, and I don't quite understand how people come to acquire a hatred for faceless words that appear on thier monitor, not to mention the "lives in basement with a case of mountian dew and hustler issues hidden in the futon" vibe I get from a few people, but I think Dames does good work all things considered.

ps - I could see Banky getting banned in the future for something like this, so please keep in mind that he is funny and let him stay. omg backstage politics~!

Guest goodhelmet

dames, i think my biggest criticism of your job is the fact that you second-guess yourself publicly. as the old adage goes...

never let 'em see you sweat

Guest stardust

Dames, stop worrying and second-guessing yourself. I seriously doubt you would ever ban someone just because they pissed you off...I think it's fairly obvious that your sense of fair play is much bigger than that.

And I'll admit it, I almost did a happy dance when I noticed that Eyebrow had been banned. The guy was a jerk, and had made a few asinine comments towards me, and was generally a sexist asshole.

As for those who don't understand why or how "cunt" could be such an offensive word...I go by the rule that words only have as much power and meaning as you give them, but that word is one of those nasty, nasty words that just...bothers me. It has such an incredibly negative connotation directed towards women in most cases, and is one of those words that truly offends me. It just sounds...not nice.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
In my eyes, he called her a cunt first and foremost BECAUSE she's a woman. He could have called her anything else, but to me, calling a girl a cunt is the equivalent of calling me a spic. Judging from his other posts where he belittled women and treated them such as sex objects, I saw him use the word as a sexist slur and not as a mere insult.

Dames

(Someone may have already asked this, but I just got to it.)

If that is the case then a guy shouldn't be able to call another guy a dick. Calling me a dick and calling me a cracker aren't the same thing. But I still see your point Dames and you were justified in the banning.

Oh, and Banky IS Tiff.

Guest BANKYWOOD
Banky is NOT Tiff.

Dames

Dames, tone down your sig. Its TOO BIG~!

Guest stardust
I love stardust. She rules.

Thanks...

I think

*grin*

Guest Just call me Dan

Do your thing, and fuck what people think about it. I have never and will never question mods authority. Anyone that has really fucked up has never (or at least I've never seen them) get banned on the spot. People get their fair chances, and if they are on the borderline, it should be apparent when the time is right no get away from that. People who are banned can still come aboard here and read what is going on (which is what I do a hell of a lot more than post) and they just lost thier privaleges. I don't doubt the fact that if someone was truly upset with the banning and came to you with legit conversation, it could be worked out. Fuck all the bitching, there should be no questions.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Banky is NOT Tiff.

Dames

Dames, you have always come across as a pretty intelligent guy. With that being said, I thought you of all people would pick up on the simularities between the two. And please don't try to sell me on the girl/boy friend angle.

Guest BANKYWOOD
I love stardust.  She rules.

Thanks...

I think

*grin*

No, seriously. I am glad you are posting around these parts.

Guest BANKYWOOD
Dames, you have always come across as a pretty intelligent guy. With that being said, I thought you of all people would pick up on the simularities between the two. And please don't try to sell me on the girl/boy friend angle.

:comfort:

Its ok Johnson, everything will be fine.

Guest stardust
I love stardust.  She rules.

Thanks...

I think

*grin*

No, seriously. I am glad you are posting around these parts.

Oh. Well, thanks, then.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
What a silly cunt you are.

- Eyebrow

Are you fucking kidding me?

Cunt. He got banned, for calling Tiff a CUNT?

Jesus H Christ, Dames, This started out with "Hey, I want a better board." and is turning into "Gee Willickers, you scamp, don't say curse words to ladies."

You ARE getting ban-happy. Being an asshole and cussing are NOT offensive unless you're just a sensitive little person who is oh so precious and lovely...or just a girl, apparently. Can't call a girl rude names, but you can call a guy whatever you want? Talk about sexism.

I still stand by my original opinion of Jubuki getting banned, which is available in that thread for those who are so inclined, and I'll also add that Tank saying "unzips pants." (which was indeed completely uncalled for, and flamebait) got what it deserved...a warning.

Then, everyone had to cry a fucking river about poor grieving Mole, apple of everyone's eye, and basically say, "Dood, Dames, you shoulda banned him." To which you replied properly in that you stood by your original judgment..but then bps had to get uppity.

And "looking at a poster and knowing they don't belong here."

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? That you basically see someone, spontaneously develop a dislike towards them based on them calling someone a dildo or what have you, then ban them for farting without permission?

It's a fucking message board. I can (and will) call Kotzenjunge a prancing dickslap, and I'd like to HOPE, anyway, that I'd not be banned for doing something so atrocious.

In conclusion: You're Wishy-Washy, and are starting a snowball of fuckup crystals that's adding layer after layer as time rolls on.

Bps is a digitized personification of someone who has absolutely no trouble bringing personal bias into being a mod.

If you guys really want to rename this folder so as to not give off that impression...got any good suggestions?

How about "The fancy tea house where everyone dishes out neutered and falsely good-natured digs at each other while trying oh so hard not to offend a random girl."

Guest Goodear
What's the first thing a battered wife does when she gets out of the hospital?

The dishes if she knows what's good for her.

*silence*

hmm...

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing she hasn't been told twice already.

*silence*

*taps microphone*

Is this thing on?

Someone needs to explain to me just how this is different than unzipping your pants or calling someone a cunt, because I'm not really seeing it.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

NHB is pretty pointless anyway. How many serious beefs are there on this board? Few? none?

This folder is just for posters to act like asses (for whatever reason) and create pointless troll-like gimmicks/personas/alter-egos in hopes of 'getting over', knowing they can't be banned.

MEIOF was an asshole. He won't be missed by me. I understand people may be pissed at why he was banned and the circumstances surrounding it, but like others have said, he should've been sent packing awhile ago.

And just to continue the macho sentiment that occupies this folder at times: Stop crying, ya bunch of pussies!

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I only post in the NWA-TNA folder, but I thought since Dames has openly asked for feedback, I'd give some.

Dames, I think there are a few issues here which people miss sometimes. I used to own my own site and messageboard, so I think I know what you are going through.

Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, you OWN The Smart Marks. Which means that for all intents and purposes, this is "your house."

When people are making use of something that YOU OWN, for FREE, then you have every right to dictate rules about how they do so.

For example, if you were to invite somebody into your home, you would be well within your rights to ask them to take their shoes off.

What if they turned around and said "No. This is the United States of America. We have freedom of expression. I have the RIGHT to wear my shoes wherever I WANT!"

Would anybody take the person seriously? No. Would anybody blame you for kicking the person out of your house? No.

Yet on the internet, people have no problem using a FREE service, but then turning around and complaining when the person who is providing that free service asks them to follow some rules.

The internet is not the United States. There is no Declaration of Independence on the Internet. Yet people still wish to do whatever they want, whenever they want, and think they should be allowed to.

Some people think things like class and decency, common sense and kindness shouldn't matter, because it's done from behind a keyboard, and not in person.

If I was to hand somebody a note saying "I hate you, and I'm going to kill you", would they take it any less seriously than if I had said it verbally?

Words mean things. Words have consequences.

A lot of people here don't like that. Why? Because a lot of people, (mostly the ones who are complaining about how you run this place, or the ones who have been banned), are young. Very young. Children.

These are people who have never actually owned something in their lives, so the concept of taking pride in a possesion, and wanting to see it used in a proper way, is alien to them.

It's easy to complain about freedom of speeh, when you get free room and board, and you are complaining from Mommy and Daddy's computer.

It's easy to pretend you're a big bad ass rebel, and insult people, when you know that there is no chance that the person you're insulting is going to walk up to you and punch you in the mouth.

Then you you grow up, and you find out that in the REAL world, there are RULES. Everywhere. In the real world, you can't just do and say whatever you want. In the real world there are consequences when you say or do stupid things.

Cowards hide behind a keyboard. I'd love to have seen Tank Abbott or MEIOF say what they said in PERSON. It's easy to have a "bad attitude" when you can just shut the world off by pushing the off button. Life isn't like that.

This is YOUR web site Dames. Run it the way YOU see fit. If people were paying you money to be members here, I could see them complaining. Then they would have a basis for objection.

There IS an option many of these people who are complaining seem to have missed. If they think you are being too tough, or there are too many rules, they could NOT COME HERE ANYMORE.

I doubt they'd be missed.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
It's easy to have a "bad attitude" when you can just shut the world off by pushing the off button. Life isn't like that.

It certainly isn't...but since when does this board greatly affect our personal lives, aside from the time we take posting here?

This ISN'T life. It's a forum for communication which can run the spectrum from "I hope a terrorist kills you" to "Say, who likes pancakes". Something this ridiculous shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Guest snuffbox

I support the elimination of retards from TSM.

How you doin johnson1620?

Guest mach7
See, I understand all of your arguments.  I've always found the word cunt to be one of the most offensive things you can say to a woman, as do other people that I know. 

In my eyes, he called her a cunt first and foremost BECAUSE she's a woman.  He could have called her anything else, but to me, calling a girl a cunt is the equivalent of calling me a spic.  Judging from his other posts where he belittled women and treated them such as sex objects, I saw him use the word as a sexist slur and not as a mere insult. 

As for NHB, it IS a flaming folder.  If you have a problem, you take it here or else half of the threads on TSM would turn into petty wars. 

I still believe that NHB is JUST a cool name for a flaming folder and that it doesn't mean "anything goes".  Like I said before, the only things that I consider to be over the line in NHB are trolling, spamming (of course), racism, bigotry and sexism.  Considering that most people don't resort to this, it has never been a problem. 

If you guys really want to rename this folder so as to not give off that impression...got any good suggestions?

Dames

Personally, I think it was a good thing that MEIOF was banned. I'm defintiely biased, there, though. His whole hard-on for following me around and trying to flame bait me, not to mention calling my fiancee an "abortion prone slut" didn't go over too well with me. Pretty much everyone had seen him to the same (being a troll) to other people as well, so I think he should've been banned weeks ago, personally.

But.

Like I said.

I'm biased and am just glad the idiot is gone.

As far as this whole debate over what he was finally banned over goes... In the grand scheme of things, calling someone a "cunt" might be a little iffy as far as being a bannable offense goes. I think it depends on the circumstance and the context in which it's used (jokingly, etc).

I would hope that everyone on this board would be able to gravitate PAST the whole name calling thing. IMO, get rid of NHB alltogether. It's just a breeding ground for the types of posts and members that you don't even want here anyways. How is this board supposed to be seen as "mature and intelligent" [let alone BE mature and intelligent] if we have a forum devoted to childish name calling and flame wars?

Just my 2 cents.

Guest Mik at Cornell
What a silly cunt you are.

- Eyebrow

Are you fucking kidding me?

Cunt. He got banned, for calling Tiff a CUNT?

Jesus H Christ, Dames, This started out with "Hey, I want a better board." and is turning into "Gee Willickers, you scamp, don't say curse words to ladies."

You ARE getting ban-happy. Being an asshole and cussing are NOT offensive unless you're just a sensitive little person who is oh so precious and lovely...or just a girl, apparently. Can't call a girl rude names, but you can call a guy whatever you want? Talk about sexism.

I still stand by my original opinion of Jubuki getting banned, which is available in that thread for those who are so inclined, and I'll also add that Tank saying "unzips pants." (which was indeed completely uncalled for, and flamebait) got what it deserved...a warning.

Then, everyone had to cry a fucking river about poor grieving Mole, apple of everyone's eye, and basically say, "Dood, Dames, you shoulda banned him." To which you replied properly in that you stood by your original judgment..but then bps had to get uppity.

And "looking at a poster and knowing they don't belong here."

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? That you basically see someone, spontaneously develop a dislike towards them based on them calling someone a dildo or what have you, then ban them for farting without permission?

It's a fucking message board. I can (and will) call Kotzenjunge a prancing dickslap, and I'd like to HOPE, anyway, that I'd not be banned for doing something so atrocious.

In conclusion: You're Wishy-Washy, and are starting a snowball of fuckup crystals that's adding layer after layer as time rolls on.

Bps is a digitized personification of someone who has absolutely no trouble bringing personal bias into being a mod.

How about "The fancy tea house where everyone dishes out neutered and falsely good-natured digs at each other while trying oh so hard not to offend a random girl."

Amen.

MEIOF called me a fat fuck in food and shopping. I just laughed it off because I know that I'm not a fat fuck. Tiff should be confident enough to know that she's not a cunt. She shouldn't have 40 white knights jump on their internet steeds and try and slay the foul and mighty beast. It's just pathetic.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It's completely different Goodear.

Not only was it said in a joking fashion...but it beats the point home that it is meant for comedy by stressing several times that it is a comedy bit as told by a standup who isn't getting a reaction.

That post isn't about beating women...it takes a comedic approach to how unacceptable it is to do so.

Anyone can see that. It would be the same as posting "hitting women is wrong" only without the dramatic flair.

Guest Ripper

If the guy has a history of saying that all women that aren't vigins are sluts that have ruined themselves for their future husbands, that all women are only around men because they want their dicks, the constant bitches and hoes comments, he even said he didn't see a problem with his friend punching his girfriend in the back of the head because he didn't like women and she deserved it because she didn't leave him...AND DAMES gave him a warning before(it's not like this came out of the blue) then he should be banned. The "cunt" comment in a isolated incident would be going overboard but this isn't a isolated incident.

It's like tank abbott(who I felt should have been banned for the unzips pants thing) when he posted the Are you a racist topic. He had his views, said he was racist, but never once did I see him going around the board making racist comments or lewd comments to people. So forme being a black man and knowing that the guy is racist, I still had no problem with him, because he wasn't attempting to shove it in my face.

MEIOF, for every intellegent post he had(and he did have a few) he had 10 mysoginitoc, sexist diatribes somewhere. And his attack on Jingus was also uncalled for, calling him a fat fuck and since women only want men for thier dick, he didn't look good enough for it...and that wasnt' in the NHB folder.

I have been here since the begining and was on the old Ikon board when SK was there and I can say I have never disliked a poster besides him. And gods knows how many have passed through here.

Good job Dames. The board isn't a worse place without him.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I personally think people shouldn't be banned for stating their opinion. But if someone is constantly being a pain in the ass and making a mess of the boards then fine. Also slurs and really offensive material has no place in a wrestling based website.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Pshaw. Take a trip through the morass of the WWE folder and see the things people call workers like HHH and Nash..

Guest Rob Edwards

I'm going to agree with Downhome, go with rants rather than No Holds Barred, it's worked fine for us as it's allowed us to set boundaries of what people can and can't do

Basically either allow or disallow flaming otherwise posters are not really going to know where they stand, I have to admit I can think of a huge list of people who've done a lot worse than call someone a cunt though, it'd also depend where the guy was from, over in the US it may be highly offensive but here it's said often