TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

"Seinfeld" Syndication Question

Has anybody noticed that The "Seinfeld" Re-Runs that air In Syndication have all of a sudden have the ends of certain scenes cut? I noticed It a little before, but now It has really gotten to the point were It Is ridiculous. If time Is a factor now, why wasn't It before? Anybody?

Guest MrRant

Like what? On TBS? I know they do things like that on TNN with ST:TNG to squeeze in an extra commercial or two and that is why they run that "uncut" thing.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

It's very common to cut out seconds here and there in syndication to squeeze in another commercial. That's where the money is. Sometimes that's even done by the local affiliate, are there more local commercials being jammed in and are these shows on a local station?

Guest Mole

When I watch it on Fox 61 in CT, they sometimes go 15 minutes without a commercial and only have 2 breaks for each show.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I forget which show I was watching..but they sped it up in certain places where nothing was being said or happening. It was sorta like a fast forward on a DVD player..the picture was still clear but everything was moving faster for about 3 seconds. Im assuming that they squeezed at least 5 more seconds or so out of it by doing that, probably adding room for an extra commercial.

I suppose Id rather have it that way then to just drop 30 seconds out completely..

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I read in U.S. News a few years ago that talk radio stations are doing a similar practice. From what I recall, it was some device that shortened the pauses a talk radio host delivers. This was supposed to add an extra ad or two into each broadcasting hour...

Guest MillenniumMan831

During Tribe games here in Cleveland, they always seem to miss the first pitch after the break because of an extra commercial finishing up.