TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

and they say backstage politics ruin companies

Sean Waltman was booked to return to NWA:TNA to run in on the main event a few weeks back and attack Raven. Waltman missed the show, and the Amazing Red was given that slot instead. Raven was said to have pushed for Red to get the spot, and sold legitimately for him.

However, it might have been a miscue to give Red that push when he was going on a tour of Japan and wouldn’t be back in TNA for about a month.

Guest RedJed

Yeah a major problem right now above everything to me is that there isnt much planning ahead of things. I know that in most cases there isnt much of an idea whats booked for the next week until Russo and Co. turns in a draft of the script a few days after the show. In other words the next weeks show isnt even remotely put on paper until 5 days before the show.

With this case here with Red, they can still capitalize on it after he comes back, but it will be harder in ways. I know for sure they wont be able to do much more really with him and Raven though considering both are really over faces right now. So in that respect, it was a bad move. But in returning, Red could immediately make an impact if done right, so the move there a few weeks ago may have been a good one long term, we'll see.

Guest RedJed

Yeah I'm not sure about that. A clear indication on whether any sort of actions have been taken at all is based on if they announce any matches for the next week on a current show. I'm not too sure about last weeks effort since the initial plan was Raven v. Jarrett based on the actions of the previous week. Of course that was vetoed. Point to be made is that when things are being booked so close to airtime, it makes it more difficult for a more solid direction to be formed and I think its shown the past month.