SJL Metal Card - June 10th, 2003!

Guest realitycheck

SJL Metal - June 10th, 2003!

Jew Date: Tuesday, 7pm EST.

Venue: The Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio.

Send Crap To: Longdogger_Pete

Opening Promo:

Scott Solomon and Johnathan Clarke!

They were part of the three-man team who took down Spike Jenkins, despite their relative newness to the SJL. And they're here to talk about it! Or their match later tonight! Or something!

Singes Match

Shawn Tybalt vs Cassius Atkinson

Shawn and Cassius faced each other in the mixed tag match, with Tybalt's partner Manson picking up the win. Can he repeat the preformance here?

Description: Standard singles match, yadda yadda.

Word Limit: 3750

Send To: Thoth

TV Title Contendership

Syndicate vs Jimmy "The Demon" Liston

Syndicate became the latest in a list of "one show wonders," holding the TV title from Wrath to Crimson. To get right back in the title hunt, he must now face the reasonably successful Jimmy Liston. Can "The Demon" use this valuable oppertunity to score a "W" over a former champ?

Description: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: Tod deKindes

Tables Match

TV Title

English Dragon© vs Leo Breslin

The Englishman won the title last show, defeating Syndicate. Can he do better in HIS first defense, against snivelling yank and former champion, Leo Breslin, in a match that hasn't been seen in the SJL for a while (to my knowledge)?

Description: To win, you must put your opponent through a table. Everything is lega to do that, though...

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

European Title Contendership

Three Way Dance

Scott Solomon vs "The Extreme Solution" Johnathan Clarke vs Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell

They were all in involved in a team effort victory over Spike Jenkins on Crimson. As a matter of fact, Clarke and Solomon shook hands at the end of the match, and even got the opening promo slot together! Naturally, all of them are facing each other for the right to a shot at the European Title. Bwahahaha!

Description: Three-way elimination rules. DQ, countout, and pinfall/submission apply.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: realitycheck

First Hour Non Match Capoff Contract Signing!

So it's come down to this. After a brutally close loss to the Antichristian Phenomenon for the world title a few shows again, Va'aiga went off the deep end, trashing his locker room in a rage and laying down one final, incredible challange: Crow vs Va'aiga, surrounded by a 16 foot high cage, with pinfalls being the only decider. Va'aiga's very career versus Crow's title. Here on Metal, with SJL tool--erm, representative Ben Hardy mediating, they'll finalize their match and have any last face-to-face comments.

Description: Both guys should write a promo, and whichever one captures the mood and build better will be used. You can also work together on one, either or.

Word Limit: 2000

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

Garden Shed Match

Aecas vs Viktor Tarakanov

After what could be considered a very successful return to the SJL, Aecas winning streak came to a halt last show versus Charlie Matthews. Not looking to start anothing streak--this time of the losing kind--he faces off against "The Red Rage", who has been myred in a slump since his European Title victory...

Description: At the foot of the entrance ramp, a little to the side, there is a regular looking garden shed. Inside is a veriable armory of weapons for green thumbs, but of course, there'll be no gardening here. What's inside the shed, from rake to Ride 'Em Mower, is a weapon legal for use in this match. Anything NOT found in the shed will earn an instant DQ. Falls count anywhere.

Word Limit: 5750

Send To: Powerplay

Singles Match

European Title

Charlie "Grappler" Matthews© vs "The Sinner" John Duran

Dumping your manager appears to be the easist way to success, as the Grappler has apparently found out. A win a four-way, and now, the European title rests around his waist, all without the help of Mr. Matheson. Now, in his first defense, he looks toward former Euro champion John Duran.

Description: Standard singles match. Winner is the first person to make their opponent explode like a blue-haired nurse--uh, I mean, score a pinfall or submission. DQ and countouts apply.

Word Limit: 5750

Send To: Thoth

'Rematches Ahoy!' INFERNO MATCH

Manson vs "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

Considering the issue Manson appears to be having with Spike, this seemed like the only logical choice for a rematch. A few shows ago, Spike beat Manson in one of the most underhanded ways imaginable: With a can of Vidal Sassoon and a Zippo lighter, throwing a FIREBALL into Manson's face! Since then, Hate Personified has been spitting fire (oh, the irony) in Jenkins direction, swearing to murder him the next chance he got. Well, what Manson wants... :D

One could imagine the mile-wide grin that spread across Manson's face when he saw Spike getting his ass kicked by three men with with less than 5 matches each under their belt. It's a fair guess that said grin will be even bigger, as the Hatred shows Hollywood how you REALLY play with fire.

Description: The entire circumfrence of the ring has a gasline surrounding it, shooting out tongues of flame that jump in height everytime someone does a move! It's a pretty cool effect, but I digress. The winner is the man who avoids being set on fire.

Word Limit: 6000

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

Edited by realitycheck

Guest TheAntipop

This is easily the best card of all time (with the exception of every card I ever booked).

Guest Aecas

Ah well lost the Euro title, but big congratulations go out to Charlie Matthews, that was an excellent match mate. And now I'm up against Viktor once again in what looks to be a very unique and fun match.

Contract Signingz iz beingz da b0mb!

TO clarify the rules i asked for: Pinfalls AND submissions can win. Don't want to deny Crow the chance to make me tap again. Escapes get you DQd for being a girlie running away type. Not sure if that affects the signing.

Oh and... SPIKE AMZ GONNA FRY!

Guest emerald_fusion

Syndicate/Liston II, not too shabby. Hopefully i can get the win and get back after the TV title, though there looks to be plenty of tough competition for the belt.

Rest of the card looks very good as well, plenty of sure to be great matches.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

How come Thoth and Pete have two matches apiece and I'm not marking?

Guest realitycheck

Whoops. Knew I forgot someone, Frost, sorry. Corrected, you're now marking the TV title match.

-Z

Guest The Superstar

Booo~! We're in Cleveland AGAYNE?!

I suggest lovely south Florida as the next potential venue. It's beautiful in the summer, ya know.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

For those that aren't aware, the Gund Arena in Cleveland is sort of the unofficial "home" of the SJL. It grew out of a running joke that whenever we couldn't think of an arena to book the show in, we'd always use the Gund Arena.

As far as Florida goes... three of my first few shows as booker were held in Florida, since I lived there. We did Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, and Wrathapalooza in Tampa. But it has been awhile since our last Florida trip... maybe it's about time for another one...

Guest The Superstar

I wholeheartedly suggest the TECO Arena in Ft Myers. Then we can all go south on I-75 to Exit 111 and my house for the afterparty~.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

There is a list of possible venues in the community thread, which I believe is now pinned.

It was no big deal Z as I don't mind having a show off, I just figured one of the bookers might like a little of the load taken off of them with me marking a match. I've been looking forward to checking Dragon out and a Tables match is a new one for me to mark, so I'm psyched for it.

Guest realitycheck

Oh, I'm aware of that thread, Frost, but on account of the fact we've already been everywhere in America three times, I was actually going to book this show on one of the motherships from Battlestar Galactica. (I'm not kidding.)

It was at that point I forgot the name of any of those ships, so I called the show a "homage to Crusen," booked it in Cleveland like he always did, and used the entire thing as an excuse to book the Garden Shed match. :D

-Z

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The Teco's so fricking small, though! You're selling yourself short if you go there!

It's also in the middle of fricking nowhere. ICE PALACE 4 LIFE!

Guest The Superstar
The Teco's so fricking small, though!  You're selling yourself short if you go there!

It's also in the middle of fricking nowhere.  ICE PALACE 4 LIFE!

Shhhh!!! You could squeeze 10,000 for wrestling if you really wanted to! And it's not in the middle of nowhere, it's next to a University and a shopping outlet!

Swampee.jpg

Swampee says SUCK IT~!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

...It's next to Florida Gulf Coast, dude. That's not a university. That's A PRISON CAMP!

Plus, the team is called the *Everblades*. EVERFRICKIN'BLADES. I love puns, but that, my friend, licks ass.

Sign in to follow this