TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

'JAG' star, Trevor Goddard...

Guest Mole

From Yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Australian actor Trevor Goddard, who played Lt. Cmdr. Mic Brumby on the long-running CBS series "JAG," was found dead at his North Hollywood home of a suspected drug overdose, authorities said on Monday.

amdf295424.jpg

Reuters Photo

amdf295400.jpg

Reuters Photo 

Goddard's girlfriend discovered his body lying on a bed at about noon on Sunday, Los Angeles County coroner's office spokesman Craig Harvey said.

A preliminary investigation indicated his death was a possible suicide by an overdose of as-yet unknown "illicit, illegal" drugs, Harvey said.

Notes were discovered at Goddard's home, but investigators did not characterize them as suicide notes, he said. "There was nothing in the notes indicating that he meant to take his life," Harvey said. The notes were addressed to a friend.

Investigators think Goddard died sometime after 9 p.m. on Saturday after having a telephone conversation with a friend from his home, Harvey said. An autopsy is set for Tuesday.

A former professional boxer, Goddard was "discovered" while competing at a light-heavyweight bout and asked to appear in a series of beer commercials, according to his Web site.

He built a career on portraying villains in many of Hollywood's top action movies, including tough-guy Kano in New Line Cinema's "Mortal Kombat."

He was best known to U.S. audiences from his recurring small screen role as Mic Brumby on the military drama "Jag" from 1998 to 2001. Goddard had just completed work on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" with Johnny Depp (news) and Orlando Bloom (news).

I've never heard of the guy before, but it is sad to see a man die like this.

Guest El Satanico

At least he finished his work on Pirates of The Caribbean, which is one of the summer movies I'm most looking forward to.

Guest Mole
Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Not that I saw. I looked in the Movies forum for it, but I didn't see. If it has been posted before, then ignore this one.