TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tiger Suplex 85

Mario=communist.

Guest jimmy no nose

That was pretty funny and strange at the same time.  Those similarities are quite odd, even stranger is that someone took the time to figure that out.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Oh come on. That is the stupidest argument that I have ever heard.

Guest J*ingus

That's a cute site.  But I don't think that it was supposed to be taken seriously.  Especially since the site refers to the boss as the monarchial King Koopa complete with crown, but in the first game he was just plain ol' Bowser with no crown.  And wasn't the original storyline that Bowser overthrew the Princess and the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom in a violent conquest, and Mario was the kindly foreigner who stepped in to lend them a hand.  

If anything, I'd say that Super Mario Bros. would be an allegory of the Allies coming in to free Europe from the Nazis.  

Unlike say, The Smurfs, who I think really were Communists.

Guest Judas14
That's a cute site.  But I don't think that it was supposed to be taken seriously.  Especially since the site refers to the boss as the monarchial King Koopa complete with crown, but in the first game he was just plain ol' Bowser with no crown.  And wasn't the original storyline that Bowser overthrew the Princess and the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom in a violent conquest, and Mario was the kindly foreigner who stepped in to lend them a hand.  

If anything, I'd say that Super Mario Bros. would be an allegory of the Allies coming in to free Europe from the Nazis.  

Unlike say, The Smurfs, who I think really were Communists.

Speaking of the Bowser/King Koopa thing, why was the character referred to as King Koopa (and completely changed visualwise) for the Mario cartoon?

Guest Sassquatch

King Koopa was changed to Bowser because Nintendo wanted to use a different villain in the next Mario sequel instead of having the same villain from the first game as the final boss for all of Mario sequel's.

Nintendo liked Bowser so much that they made him the real king of the Koopa's and King Koopa is just a distant memory.

Guest Kagato Otaku

I believe the King Koopa from the cartoon was the same as the games. They did change his design and all, but he had the same origin, minions, weapons, and kids (despite their name changes, which I covered in the "Die-Hard" thread).

So yeah, I'd say it was him, barring any alternate universe crap.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Bowser will always rule. I am actually pretty good with him in SSBM.

King Koopa was changed to Bowser because Nintendo wanted to use a different villain in the next Mario sequel instead of having the same villain from the first game as the final boss for all of Mario sequel's.

Nintendo liked Bowser so much that they made him the real king of the Koopa's and King Koopa is just a distant memory.

That is wrong. Bowzer was always King Koopa. He was Bowser King Of Koopa in the first game. Where do you think they are diffrent??????? They are the same bad motherfucker.

Guest RevEvil

I know the villain in the game that was sold as SMB2 in America wasn't Bowser[King Koopa]. It was a creature named Wart.

Guest Stupendous Man

SMB 2 was the bastard child of the Mario series anyway, hell it wasn't even a Mario game to begin with.  The only good that came out of that game were Shy Guys...

Guest Ghast

I thought that was pretty funny. I was pretty shocked about liking it, since Murderize.com is a shitty Onion rip-off.