TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

The One and Only SmackDown Spoilers Thread

Guest BoboBrazil

SMACKDOWN:

- Michael Cole and Tazz come down to Tazz's music. The pyro hits, and they start

with a recap of last week, where Rey Mysterio wins the Cruiserweight title from Matt

Hardy.

1) Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy (WWE Cruiserweight title rematch)

Rey pops up, and comes to the ring first. Then we see Matt backstage with Shannon

and Crash. He blames them for his loss last week, and says they are not allowed at

ringside. He then proceeds to deck Shannon in the face, and throws Crash into some

stage equipment. Looked pretty brutal. He comes down to the ring, and gets serious

heat from the crowd for his actions.

The match was good, but different than last week. Mysterio hits the 619 and the

West Coast Pop, but Matt kicks out after 2. Rey goes up top, and hits a great

looking bulldog, but only a 2 count. Matt goes for the Twist of Fate near the

ropes, but Rey blocks it by grabbing the ropes. He then hits a hurricarana off the

top rope for the win. Matt does the job for Rey.

WINNER: Rey Mysterio (retains title)

- The ring is set up for Piper's Pit. Roddy comes down with Sean O'Haire to

bagpipes. There's a table set up in the ring. Half of it has sushi and half has

beans and salsa. Roddy announces his guests on this international edition of

Piper's Pit, Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri. Eddie and Tajiri drive down in the

low-rider from last week. Funny segment, with loud "Eddie" chants. Sean wants to

hold Eddie's tag team belt, but Eddie's too smart for that. Tajiri, however, wants

to munch on some sushi, so he lets O'Haire hold his belt for a plate of sushi. Sean

won't give it back. Roddy offers a toast of (almost) friendship. Tajiri sprays it

back in their faces, as Eddie turns the buffet table over on them, and steals

Tajiri's belt back.

Then, they get back in the car, and try to back it out, but it keeps stalling out. I

don't think that'll be on Smackdown. The stage crew had to push it out.

- Sable appears on screen, as Stephanie enters the picture. They talk about Zach

Gowen's chances for a contract, and Steph knows Sable is up to something. She also

mentions that she is bringing back the U.S. Title (!). Kick ass!!

2) A-Train vs. Billy Gunn (Guest ring announcer - Torrie Wilson)

Billy makes his return to Smackdown in style. He comes down to his Mr. Ass music

and gimmick, and Torrie is all over him. Lots of "Shave your back" chants for

Albert, as you might expect. The crowd was all over A-Train's ass (or wait, no...

no...). Billy wins with the Fame-ass-er, and then exchanges playful spankings with

Torrie. They leave arm in arm.

3) Undertaker vs. Johnny Stamboli (w/ Chuck Palumbo and Nunzio)

The best part about this match was that I didn't have to hear Michael Cole mention a

"numbers game" or someone getting "whacked"... but, I'll hear it when I watch

Thursday, I'm sure. Stamboli looked good in this match. He had Taker stunned with

a spinebuster and started slapping him in the face. That didn't last too long, as

Taker got pissed and came back momentarily. UT spent a good part of the match

chasing Nunzio, which was pretty funny. Stamboli hit a beautiful suplex,

considering how tall the Undertaker is. Johnny misses a leg drop from the top rope,

and Taker capitalizes, hitting the Last Ride for the win.

After the match, Palumbo gets involved, and gets a nice chokeslam for his efforts.

But, Nunzio smacks Undertaker in the face with a steel chair to leave him laying in

the ring.

- Backstage, Zach Gowen is getting a pep talk from Mr. America.

- After the break, Stephanie comes down to ringside to oversee the arm wrestling

contest. She is about to announce Zach, but Sable's music starts instead. Sable

comes down to the ring, and starts to say something, but Steph cuts her off. She

finally gets to announce Zach, accompanied by Mr. America. Then, "No Chance" hits,

and here comes the boss! Vince is wearing a tank top and workout pants, and he's

pumped up huge for this.

Hogan gets on the mic, and says this is about you and me, McMahon. Why don't you

put that little spaghetti arm up here, and let's settle it. Vince says he'll arm

wrestle Hogan on two conditions. First, it has no bearing on Zach's contract, and

second, if Mr. America loses, he has to leave the ring. They lock up left-handed,

and go at it. It looks like Hogan might win, but Sable interferes and they stop the

contest. Steph warns her not to get involved again. They try it again,

right-handed. This time, Hulk is keeping an eye on Sable to make sure she doesn't

interfere again. He's about to beat Vince again, when suddenly Sable flashes her

tits at Mr. America. He's momentarlily stunned (and who wouldn't be?) and Vince

takes advantage and wins. He then forces Mr. America, Stephanie and Sable all to

leave the ring.

Now, Vince starts verbally trashing Zach, and they get set for the real

arm-wrestling contest. Left-handed, Vince sells big time to Zach. It almost looks

like Zach is going to pull off a miraculous upset, when Vince kicks Zach's leg from

under the table, and pins his arm down. The ref didn't see it. LOL. He continues

to berate Zach, forcing him to leave the ring.

4) Chris Benoit & Rhyno vs. Doug & Dave Basham (w/ Shaniqua)

The Bashams have gotten themselves a valet, and it's none other than Linda Miles!

This was a pretty decent match, with Rhyno taking a beating. Chris goes up top for

the flying headbutt, and Linda tries to interfere. He just kicks her away, but he

misses the headbutt. The match ends with Rhyno accidentally punching Benoit in the

face, and one of the Bashams pins Benoit. After the match, he's not a happy camper.

Later, backstage, Benoit and Rhyno get into a shouting match, with Rhyno trying to

tell Benoit that he didn't mean it. Benoit wants to know how he can trust Rhyno.

5) Funaki vs. John Cena

Cena does a cool rap about Michael Cole liking boy bands, and gave props to Orlando.

Kind of surprising, considering he's still the heel. But, he got one of the

biggest pops of the night when his music hit. Funaki tried to do a rap, calling

Cena ugly. He got a hard clothesline for his trouble. This match was a total

squash, and lasted all of 30 seconds or so. The first clothesline, and his F-U

finisher for the win.

- Kurt Angle comes down to the ring to the biggest pop of the night. He said he was

happy to come back to Smackdown last week, but this week he has unfinished business

to take care of. He calls out Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. The crowd is

definitely not happy to see Team Angle. Kurt says he understands why they didn't

call him in the hospital, but why weren't they at Smackdown last week to welcome him

back? Shelton says they were sick... sick of living in Kurt's shadow. And where

was Kurt when they were forced to wrestle in a ladder match? Kurt says it's too bad

they lost the tag team belts, so let's go sit down and figure out how to win them

back. Charlie takes the mic, and says no... they aren't going anywhere. They are

tired of Kurt calling all the shots, and tired of the crowd yelling "You Suck" when

they walk to the ring, so Kurt is now no longer in charge. Angle says there's only

one reason the crowd chants "You Suck"... because he earned it... four years, title

after title. Basically, he fires Team Angle to the crowd's delight.

After the break, we see Charlie and Shelton waiting on Kurt to come backstage. Some

words are exhanged, and they attack him from behind. (There was no audio for this

portion, for some reason.)

- Video recap of the Brock Lesnar / Big Show feud, going back to last Summerslam.

6) Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show (WWE Championship)

*WOW*... ok, match starts kind of slow. Big Show goes over the top rope to the

outside. Brock follows him, but gets thrown head-first into the steps. Lots of

heat for the Big Show, chants of "Big Show sucks" throughout the whole match. Brock

is selling an injury, probably his shoulder from the steel steps. He tries an F-5

on Show, but collapses. Big Show goes for a chokeslam, but Brock gets out of it.

Show hits a big leg drop, but only a 2 count. He finally hits a chokeslam, but

again, only for 2. He's going for a 3rd chokeslam attempt, and he looks like he's

trying to drag Brock to the top rope. Brock blocks it, and crotches Big Show.

Brock sets him up for a superplex off the 2nd rope. He hits a massive superplex,

and the RING COLLAPSES!! The ropes come down first, then the bottom drops out of

one side. It was amazing to watch. It's going to look great on television! The

crowd was in shock, and both wrestlers were on their backs as the show went off the

air. The "Holy Shit" chants started as the EMT's came to ringside with stretchers.

Finally, Lesnar gets up first, looks around and starts laughing. He looks dazed, and

the referees are trying make sure he can walk. He poses for a few minutes while

they are waking up Big Show. He leaves to huge cheers as Big Show gets to his feet,

then falls to the mat outside the ring. He gets back up, and staggers to the back.

What an amazing ending!

So, it was a cool show, overall. Probably 80-90% sold out, with the only empty part

being the 3rd level above the cameras. The 3rd level across from the cameras were

packed. The crowd was pretty hot, and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Biggest Pops:

1) Kurt Angle

2) Mr. America

3) Brock Lesnar

4) Torrie Wilson

5) Billy Gunn

Honorable Mentions: Ultimo Dragon and John Cena

Biggest Heat:

1) Mr. MacMahon (by far)

2) Big Show

3) Matt Hardy

4) F.B.I.

5) A-Train

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

That set of spoilers makes the show sound pretty good.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"The Bashams have gotten themselves a valet, and it's none other than Linda Miles! "

One week later the Bashams future is destroyed and any legs cut from under them.

Nothing says busch league like...while...this move.

That set of spoilers makes the show sound pretty good.

Well probably a mark but things are always more exciting live. The revelation that the U.S. title is coming back is interesting. Probably a good belt to put on someone like Cena.

Oh and also first Jeff Hardy and Trish Stratus and now Billy Gunn and Torrie Wilson. What is their fascination with trying to make gay men straight? Let them be free WWE! Oh well maybe Billy will leave the company with a substance abuse problem too.

Oh, god. It's the Test push except even dumber for Billy Gunn.

And... um... Linda Miles is with the Basham Brothers, huh? Do they even have a GIMMICK yet?

"The Bashams have gotten themselves a valet, and it's none other than Linda Miles! "

One week later the Bashams future is destroyed and any legs cut from under them.

Ya where the hell is Dawn Marie? At least she's eye candy. I don't know if the Bashams really had a future anyways considering they weren't even supposed to show up on t.v. when they debuted, another bush league move.

When they got rid of all the extra titles it was a good idea, but I think bringing them back now is smart because with 2 months between PPVs they provide a way for midcard guys to have mini feuds if there's nothing else to do.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

So...RAW has:

Fake World title that they pretend has WCW's lineage.

The restored IC title

The real WWE tag titles...but not called that

The WWE womens title

And SD! has:

The real WWE title

The restored US title

The newly created Tag Titles...that get the WWE name despite...you know...not having a lineage past...October?

and the WCW Cruiserweight title.

How did this get so messed up?

Ya where the hell is Dawn Marie? At least she's eye candy. I don't know if the Bashams really had a future anyways considering they weren't even supposed to show up on t.v. when they debuted, another bush league move.

This is true. Dawn being at their side would have given them some heel heat. Linda.... Uh... "Look! They have Linda Miles at their side! THEY ARE EVIL WE MUST BOO THEM!" Give them some damn characters, PLEASE.

Heh...Steph bringing the U.S. title into Smackdown, I see.

To combat the IC title...

...why do I see WrestleMania 20 as the PPV where everything gets re-unified?

EDIT: Oh, I would like to see either Cena or Mattitude as US Champ. That is all.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The US Title is my favorite title name.

IT makes far more sense than Intercontinental

It's too bad the US title isn't on RAW because then you could have one of the French guys win it, declade it to be the France Title or some other name, and slap a French flag over it. Sure, it would be completely ripping off Storm's gimmick from WCW, but the cheap heat would still be somewhat entertaining.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

...maybe I should expand on that.

How does the WWE expect to make this title worth something while they have made _every other title_ is virtually worthless?

Something good that could come of this is a Tournament all leading up to the first smackdown PPV... but smackdown has already done 2 tournys in one year, would they dare do a 3rd? (it's the WWE, oversaturation is not in their vocabulary... and neither is "good tv" but whatever... zing....)

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm just hoping they really call Linda Miles "Shaniqua" so I can laugh my sack off.

US Title = w00t

Guest the pinjockey

EDIT: Oh, I would like to see either Cena or Mattitude as US Champ. That is all.

WM XX the next time Vince hits the reset button.

2004 slogan

WWE: Brand Extension? What brand extension?

How does the WWE expect to make this title worth something while they have made _every other title_ is virtually worthless?

Maybe promote it like this: At least David Arquette never won it.

Well okay David Flair held it but that's almost not as bad...and Steve McMichael too...err nevermind.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

If they change the look of the US title, there's gonna be hell to pay.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They made people care about the SD! tag titles the old fashioned way.

Good quality wrestling.

They have the ability to do that...and elevate the cruiserweights at the same time with the US title.

Unfortunately...we'll see Rhyno and Benoit feud over it while Big Show and Taker get WWE title shots.

Guest BifEverchad
4) Chris Benoit & Rhyno vs. Doug & Dave Basham (w/ Shaniqua)

The Bashams have gotten themselves a valet, and it's none other than Linda Miles!

This was a pretty decent match, with Rhyno taking a beating. Chris goes up top for

the flying headbutt, and Linda tries to interfere. He just kicks her away, but he

misses the headbutt. The match ends with Rhyno accidentally punching Benoit in the

face, and one of the Bashams pins Benoit. After the match, he's not a happy camper.

OMG

They are not calling her "Shaniqua" are they?

I'm marking out at the thought!

Unfortunately...we'll see Rhyno and Benoit feud over it while Big Show and Taker get WWE title shots.

Considering they'll probably put it on Billy Gunn I'd take the alternative.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I just read the whole thing and saw that Benoit jobbed to a punch.

We have a new winner after RVD getting pinned by a Bubba leg drop had held the lead.

I just read the whole thing and saw that Benoit jobbed to a punch.

We have a new winner after RVD getting pinned by a Bubba leg drop had held the lead.

Didn't he job to an eblow too? Oh and you probably just guessed the finish to the tag title match this weekend.

Cena is not quite established enough in my eyes, but he will get a good shot at it, I am sure.. Rhyno would be good but they need to put Benoit over immediately, so he should be the first one to have it, especially seeing how he has(n't) been used these past months..... they never should have abolished the titles in the first place, but hey I'm good at stating the obvious.

If vince does hit the reset button at WM20, every smark in this country will go berserk... or something.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I beleive those were back to back matches.

I gave the nod to the legdrop because elbows are half of Bubba's offense anyway.