TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

The One and Only SmackDown Spoilers Thread

Guest Space_Cowboy

The US Title coming back i guess is alright, but the WWE can't handle any of their existing titles properly anyway so they'll no doubt screw this up too. I expect Mr. Ass and A-Train to be among the first to hold it.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Billy needs to go back to calling himself "King Ass".

The right thing to do is to give Benoit a long title reign/feud with Rhyno, but when was the last time Vince did the right thing?

EDIT: By the way, I think we've been overdue for some ring destruction ala Taz vs. Bigelow.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It seems half the fun of the US title will be to see which way they screw it up.

1. Will Atrain and Nathan Jones and Billy Gunn trade title reigns?

2. Will guys like Benoit, Eddy and Rhyno trade title reigns while Taker and Show trade thw world title?

Tune in to SD! 8pm thursday nights on UPN!

Guest BoboBrazil

Billy Gunn coming back was so unneeded, especially in the worst gimmick ever. Why couldn't he have stayed retired like he was planning to? He has nothing left to offer.

Guest the pinjockey

Billy Gunn is the best pure athlete in the WWE today. I think the real question is what doesn't he have to offer?

I always loved how being a great athlete apparently meant you are supposed to look at that person as a great wrestler.

Guest Nanks

U.S Title returning is a good thing.

Rey v Matt sounds lika a spotfest but should at least be entertaining, would've been better if Shannon had gone out telling Matt he'd get revenge or something.

Rhyno v Benoit should be good, but just give it to us already, we can see what you're doing.

Billy Gunn is not a good thing.

Linda Miles is not a good thing. Poor Bashams. Corny will be spewing over his two top workers getting saddled with this.

Where's the Ultimo promo??

Don't mind Piper's Pit this week, doesn't hurt to establish a connection between the thrown together tag champs, no complaints there.

Angle getting beaten down by his former disciples in his 2nd week back will result in Anglesault having a conniption, or perhaps he threw his computer against a wall as soon as he read it hence his lack of comment.

The Brock superplex on TBS will be a cool visual but ringposts falling down sounds gay, why couldn't the actual ring have fallen apart, that would look cooler. Hopefully TBS needs a few months off to recover from that one.

Bring on Ultimo, a good Rey v Ultimo feud will save the show, what's that? it's WWE?? Oh yeah... Damn.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Billy Gunn is one of my guilty pleasures, I love all his cheesy gimmicks for their pure stupidity and the fact you can laugh at him so easily. Chuck&Billy was great.

Guest bravesfan
The Brock superplex on TBS will be a cool visual but ringposts falling down sounds gay, why couldn't the actual ring have fallen apart, that would look cooler.

He hits a massive superplex, and the RING COLLAPSES!! The ropes come down first, then the bottom drops out of one side.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm no physics major...but that doesn't sound right.

Guest Memphis

Benoit....jobbed......again?

This BETTER be leading towards a motherfucking heel turn. Even if it isn't, just knowing someone like Hulk Hogan gets top billing and an athlete like Benoit gets NOTHING angers me to no end.

Alas, 'tis an argument not worth starting.

M

Guest Vern Gagne

If the WWE insists on giving the Basham Brothers a valet, why not Jackie Gayda? She fits the valet image better than Linda Miles.

If the WWE insists on giving the Basham Brothers a valet, why not Jackie Gayda? She fits the valet image better than Linda Miles.

They're bringing Jackie Gayda in as Rico's Valet.

...speaking of which..are all 3 Tough Enough females going to be valets? I mean, Linda with the Bashams, Jackie with Rico, and Nidia with Jamie Noble (though in all honesty, how many people REALLY remember that Nidia won Tough Enough 1?)

Guest Vern Gagne

I just read the other thread.

Wasn't Dawn Marie supposed to join the FBI?

Guest MixxMaster
So...RAW has:

Fake World title that they pretend has WCW's lineage.

The restored IC title

The real WWE tag titles...but not called that

The WWE womens title

And SD! has:

The real WWE title

The restored US title

The newly created Tag Titles...that get the WWE name despite...you know...not having a lineage past...October?

and the WCW Cruiserweight title.

How did this get so messed up?

No...

RAW has:

The WWE HeavyWeight Championship

The WWE Intercontinental Championship

The WWE RAW Tag Team Championship

The WWE Women's Championship

SMACKDOWN! has:

The WWE Championship

The WWE United States Championship

The WWE Smackdown! Tag Team Championship

The WWE Cruiserweight Championship

PLEASE, enough of the whole "lineage" stuff. Everything is scripted, why should we really care about lineage? It doesn't really matter...

Anyway, this looks like the right amount of championships for each show. Of course, the women WRESTLERS should all be on raw, but...

Oh boy...Benoit jobbed because they're trying to put over a new team and create some challengers for Los Guerreros. They're trying to push the Bashams, and to do so they put them over the Smackdown tag division...including Benoit and Rhyno. It's not that big of a deal

US Title coming back. Benoit vs Rhyno should finally happen now. At least it'd give the upper midcard more of a point. Dunno why but the US Title always seemed more important than the IC Title. Even after David Flair's reign.

And oh, nothing can defeat Taz and Bigelow going through the ring. Nothing. Just the pure shock of it, and the fact they just dissapeared under the ring while everyone's cheering their asses off. Plus they had a tag match right after, with a corner of the ring blown out. God I miss ECW...

Guest bravesfan
RAW has:

The WWE HeavyWeight Championship

The WWE Intercontinental Championship

The WWE RAW Tag Team Championship

The WWE Women's Championship

SMACKDOWN! has:

The WWE Championship

The WWE United States Championship

The WWE Smackdown! Tag Team Championship

The WWE Cruiserweight Championship

There are no belts with the "RAW" or "SMACKDOWN" title affixed to them.

--The world title on RAW is known as the WORLD TITLE.

--The world title on Smackdown is known as the WWE TITLE.

The same goes with the tag team titles, but the prestigous lineage is with the WWE TITLE (Brock Lesnar) and the WORLD TAG TITLES (Van Dam & Kane)

Of course, the women WRESTLERS should all be on raw, but...

And yes, all of the cruiserweights should be on Smackdown. Blah blah blah.

I hope you weren't implying that Torrie and Dawn Marie are WRESTLERS.... please tell me you didn't mean THAT.

Guest Kid Kablam
So...RAW has:

Fake World title that they pretend has WCW's lineage.

The restored IC title

The real WWE tag titles...but not called that

The WWE womens title

And SD! has:

The real WWE title

The restored US title

The newly created Tag Titles...that get the WWE name despite...you know...not having a lineage past...October?

and the WCW Cruiserweight title.

How did this get so messed up?

You know, because the Smackdown Tag Titles were won in an actual tournament which made sense, and have been held by good teams, I think they deserve a lot of respect despite being so young. Even Team Angle, while green, proved good heel champs. I think the Smackdown title situation is just peachy right now, despite the fact that Big show is vying for the title.

Guest Lightning Flik

If you people REALLY wanna bitch about title linage, then I have some fasicinating news for you.

If the World title is fake because it was unified with the WWE title, so is the US title because it was unified with the Intercontinental title.

Thusly, this NEW US title is a fake belt. Which means we now have TWO fake titles (via linage of course).

Guest Memphis

They're bringing Jackie Gayda in as Rico's Valet.

...speaking of which..are all 3 Tough Enough females going to be valets? I mean, Linda with the Bashams, Jackie with Rico, and Nidia with Jamie Noble (though in all honesty, how many people REALLY remember that Nidia won Tough Enough 1?)

Jackie is one hot bitch. I'm all for that.

Just as long as she never wrestles.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

All you need to do is switch Brock and HHH while they both have their respecitive titles and you pretty much get (title wise)

RAW = WWE

Smackdown = WCW

If they could eventually just rename RAW and Smackdown to WWE and WCW and then stop cross promoting on both shows other than the big 4 PPVs..

Guest nl5xsk1

Random thoughts and opinions:

- Giving Linda Miles a very stereotypical name is absolutely freaking hilarious ... and will just give smarks more ammunition for the "Vince is a racist" posts that appear every few weeks. (but I'll laugh if they really try to call her "Shaniqua" and that's all that matters)

- People bitched about how the wwe killed off all the singles titles, and now that the belts are being re-established people are finding reasons to bitch about that! Can't people just give in and be happy for once?!? Fuck lineage, the belts are props in a play, so their "history" shouldn't be the be all-end all anyways. Plus, title reigns were passed around so frequently the last few years their "lineage" isn't worth shit, anyways. So, we won't be able to trace the US title back to Wahoo McDaniels; I'm pretty sure that I'll still sleep at night.

- Benoit and Rhyno jobbing to "jobbers" makes sense ... wouldn't they be more pissed about losing to two nobodies than they would to losing to the TT champs? It expedites the feud.

- The ring collapsing is good because it's different. How often have people bitched and moaned about their being too many run-ins, too many ref bumps, too many ______ (fill in the blank)? At least this is different, and different is good. And to say that it's a waste of money, it's no different than TV shows or movies spending extraneous amounts of money to achieve and end: to entertain the audience.

That's it for now.

Guest Kid Kablam
Billy Gunn is the best pure athlete in the WWE today. I think the real question is what doesn't he have to offer?

I always loved how being a great athlete apparently meant you are supposed to look at that person as a great wrestler.

Is Gunn really that good of an athlete? I never was very impressed by him.

Guest Kid Kablam
Gunn's a good athlete and a decent wrestler. But he came 20 years too late.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a decent wrestler. Inoffesnive, maybe, but let's not get carried away here.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Hey, look at Marky-Mark, going over Stamboli. That's 2 members of the FBI down, and Nunzio is probably due to job next week. That Taker, putting over the mid-card, what a guy.

A-Train jobbing clean to Gunn? Whaaa? A-Train gets a mini-push, even getting to squash Rey, and now he's jobbing clean to Gunn?

Kanyon jobs to DeMott. Joy.

I think it would have been better if Smackdown had created another completely new title like their Tag Titles, the SD Tag Belts to me seem new and exciting compared to the other belts and they will develop prestige given time/

Guest nikowwf

The Smackdown title belts seemed exciting because of who was fighting for them, not because they were new belts. If that tournament had Billy & Chuck in the finals, the belts wouldn't have seemed interesting at all.

niko