TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

Are there any GNR Fans left?

Guest Memphis

Like i said, take it for what it is.

That's the biggest piece of news GNR has unleashed in at least 8 months regarding their 'new' album.

M

Guest HellSpawn

So, call las vegas and make a bid...

Which album comes first?

Kiss Alive 4

or

GNR Chinese Democracy

^_^

Guest JAxlMorrison

Give me a release date and I might give a shit. Actually even then, it's likely to get pushed ahead 3 or 4 more times.

Guest mesepher

Axl and CO are doing it all wrong... they should just do what the WHO do and play their back catalogue... no one wants to hear new GNR when half (or more) the band is gone

Guest justsoyouknow

You know....for a band that hasn't released a CD in a long-ass time....they have a shitload of new shirts.

Guest JAxlMorrison

Blabbermouth.net reports that the following item comes courtesy of antiMUSIC:

"As we reported last week, Guns 'N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson, in an interview with Billboard.com, eluded that the long awaited Guns 'N' Roses album 'Chinese Democracy' may see the light of day this year. We can now report that Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is also confident that the album will be released soon."

"On Sunday Night [June 15], antiMUSIC co-hosted a viewing/release party for the new Led Zeppelin DVD along with HappeninHarry.com and Buzztone.com at the Cat Club in Hollywood. G'N'R frontman Axl Rose was among those who showed up for the party. Contrary to popular opinion and press reports, Axl was down-to-earth and very friendly with those who approached him and freely answered questions. A lot of people commented on how good he looked as well and in person Axl did appear fit and youthful."

"I was among those who had a quick question for Axl. Of course, the burning question I had was if Tommy Stinson was correct that 'Chinese Democracy' would be released by the end of the year. Because I did not identify myself as a member of the press to Axl, I cannot quote him but from what he did say, he seemed hopeful that patient fans would finally have the album by the end of the year. He elaborated a little bit that he was co-producing the CD and alluded to the fact that he wants to make sure it is a perfect as possible before it is released."

"One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. Last week MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen/Interscope/A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new G'N'R release when the time comes. Although Axl didn't really touch upon this recent change, it may be a favorable factor in the release of the album. Or it could mean that Axl, like many musicians, is simply a perfectionist and couldn't sit with the idea of releasing music he felt wasn't perfect."

Guest goodhelmet

you know, i saw slash, duff and matt sorum playing with wieland and some other cat in some promo for the hulk movie and thought to myself "i think i'll enjoy this more than axl's solo project".

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The Hulk soundtrack is out now...so Slash and company beat Axl to the punch in releasing a song.

It rocks by the way. It's like they combined the best parts of GNR and STP. Which...are...two bands I love.

Guest Dangerous A

I love old GNR stuff. I refuse to support this new drivel a la End of Days Soundtrack stuff.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That song is the worst song any incarnation of GNR ever recorded.

The Blues rules, however.

Guest Memphis

'Oh My God' was just Axl's experimentation within industrial style music. I'm fairly sure it was just a one off for him, just something he wanted to try.

Let's hope so, anyway.

Madagascar is also a beautiful song, much like The Blues. These songs are what Axl described as the 'filler' of the album and that he was holding back his big guns.

If he is packing songs better than THAT then we are seriously in for something.

M

Guest goodhelmet

seriously, until he releases the actual album i wouldn't be able to tell what axl considers filler and whatnot. one man's trash wiull be another man's goldmine and if axl's erratic behavior is an indicator... the album might fucking blow.

Without Slash, the sloppiest yet one of the most soulful lead guitarists of our generation, and without Duff, of course its going to blow.

GnR could have been the Rolling Stones of the 80s and 90s, possibly into the new millenium, but alas, drugs, booze and ego brought them low before their time.

Guest JAxlMorrison
Without Slash, the sloppiest yet one of the most soulful lead guitarists of our generation, and without Duff, of course its going to blow.

GnR could have been the Rolling Stones of the 80s and 90s, possibly into the new millenium, but alas, drugs, booze and ego brought them low before their time.

Anyone that is somewhat knowledgeable about music would know that Buckethead is a better guitar player then Slash.

I haven't knowingly listened to Buckethead so I cannot say yay or nay to his talent level.

The thing that made GnR instant superstars was that despite the conflicts they may have had, is that they fit together musically. Slash was no more or less important to that band than Izzy, Axl, Duff or Steven at the time. The sum of their parts was greater than the individual value. While they found a good replacement for Steven with Matt Sorum, the downward slide started when Izzy quit the band, then delaying an album for god knows how long finished the job.

I just hope that Slash, Duff and Matt can find success again without Axl, just to show the egotistical prick that no one man is an island.

Guest KanadianKrusty

I haven't listened to a whole lot of GnR, is it all as good as Appetite for Destruction?, 'cause it's the only GnR album I have and it kicks SERIOUS ass.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

Buckethead kicks the ass of Slash in just about every way.

Guest Eagan469

You can also go on Kazaa and download the new stuff they played at Rock In Rio 2001.

"The Blues" and "Madagascar" are insanely good.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I didn't really like the song "Chinese Democracy" until I heard it live in person. That's a rocking song...but it really didn't work for me on bootleg like Madagascar and the Blues (which I really think is a great piece of work) did.