TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rendclaw

D&D Heroes

Okay, in my search for a PS2 game to add to my library (found Street Hoops for 17.99 at Amazon.com), I found out that D&D Heroes is coming out on 6/18.

Being a fan of Baldur's Gate, which was an excellent game for what it was, D&D Heroes take the concept and moves it along to the next step. It models itself more truly to the 3rd Edition D&D rules and features four player game play, which in itself has me sorely tempted to run out and buy it immediately, as the sequel to Baldur's Gate is not due out until November.

The website is danddheroes.com.

Comments? Questions?

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Isn't the sequel to Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II? I've had that for a while......

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Oh yeah I've played that. I'm not a hack n slasher. I'm a roleplayer at heart. In my tabletop game we spend a great deal of time roleplaying.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to read more into this, although the PC Baldur's Gate outshines the PS2 BG in every possible way...

I have both, and I like BG2 for the PC, and I play it every now and then, but I like more action to go into my RPGs (prolly a result of playing FFs for the last three or four years), and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance fit the bill pretty well.

Dark Alliance II is not out for another 5 months or so, and after the furor surrounding BGDA died down, D&D Heroes was being touted as the next big thing, so to speak.

The pictures looks very good, I just hope its more in the frame of BGDA than Gauntlet... thought Atari is putting out DDH, so I dunno.....

that's interesting, as when I was on Amazon, the release dat was 6/18... I will do a little legwork and come back with the skinny.

After doing a little homework, I found out this little tidbit of news:

Atari revealed today that Dungeon & Dragons: Heroes, which was previously planned for release on the PlayStation 2, GameCube and Xbox Platforms, will now only be released for the Xbox when it comes out. The release date has also been slightly modified to an October 2003 timeframe.

In the vein of the arcade adventures, D&D: Shadow over Mystara and D&D: Tower of Doom, popularized by Capcom in the early 90's, D&D: Heroes is planned as a combat oriented RPG version of Dungeons and Dragons, which will allow players take the role of a fighter, wizard, cleric, or rogue. Participating with up to four players simultaneously, groups will be able to wade their way through seven distinct environments including an ominous floating castle and the frozen lands of the undead.

In other news, Infogrames, the designer of D&D: Heroes and other games such as Neverwinter Nights, has announced that it will be merging its brand name into the Atari line and all future releases by the company will come under the Atari name. In addition, Infogrames Interactive, the wholly owned subsidiary of Infogrames responsible for developing titles based on Hasbro board games, will change its name to Atari Interactive.

I find this interesting as amazon.com had a release date for the game for 6/18.... I think this was before Atari Interactive got ahold of this and pulled plans for the game to be brought to both the PS2 and GC... Sounds to me like they've been sold out... Considering that the PS2 is in more households than either gaming system, it makes no sense to me why such a game would be pulled...

Oh well, nevermind..... :(

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

BTW: Whatever happened to that Everquest PS2 game? It seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth...

Guest Agent of Oblivion
D&D: Heroes is planned as a combat oriented RPG version of Dungeons and Dragons, which will allow players take the role of a fighter, wizard, cleric, or rogue.

You know, you'd think they'd eventually make a game that allows for more character fine-tuning, as opposed to always throwing out the Stoic Fighter, Frail Wizard, Devout Cleric, and Sneaky Rogue stereotype DnD characters...

Would it really be a stretch to throw a monk or a bard in there? Hell, how about a ranger or something?

Guest Cancer Marney

What's the point? AD&D sucks. The rules don't allow for any fine-tuning. Now, Lionheart, that's a game I'm looking forward to.