SWF Smarkdown Card - 6/16/03

Guest Grand Slam

SWF Smarkdown!

Live from the SOLD-OUT First Union Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Matches due June 16, 2003 at 6:00 PM

Send Materials to: Suicide King

Singles Match

CIA w/"TNT" Taylor Nicholas Thompson v. Tod deKindes

The Canadian Intelligence Agent is back and for his first mission he gets the despicable TdK. But never let it be said that we threw him to the wolves. TNT, who is on a collision course with TdK, will be backing CIA up as his manager for one night only!

Rules: Standard singles match. TNT is there in a manager's capacity only. he may write a match if he really wants...

Word Limit: 4000

Send to: chirs3

Tag Team Match

Mike Van Siclen & Nathan Kibagami v. Atlas & Janus

13th Hour matches explode!! Can the odd couple of MVS and Nate topple the mighty heelishness of Janus and Atlas? We will see on Monday, and there might not be anything left of them for the PPV.

Rules: Standard Tag Rules. Remember the tag ropes.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: realitycheck

Singles Match

Frost v. Ejiro Fasaki

Once more these massive rivals face off, but there is more on the line this time than pride. At 13th Hour, Justice and Rule will defend their precious Tag Team Titles against the intimidating team of Frost & LDP (Chilly Dog?). Whoever pulls off a win here might have a psychological edge going into that match.

Rules: standard singles match

Word Limit: 5500

Send to: Grand Slam

Tag Team Match

"Deathwish" Danny Williams & Dace Night v. Tom "The Superior One" Flesher and Judge "Mental" William Hearford

After losing a #1 contenders match, D&D want to get back on track. And what better way to do it than by challenging the World Champion and one-half of the Tag Champions to a little pre-PPV "warm up"? Any match that has the World, Tag and ICTV belts at ringside is, by definition, a barn burner.

Rules: Standard tag match. Don't forget the tag ropes.

Word Limit: 6000

Send to: Edwin MacPhisto

Triple Threat Elimination Match to determine the #1 Contender to the ICTV Title

Beezel v. Jay Dawg v. Wildchild

Danny demands a challenger at the PPV! And what Danny wants, Danny gets!! Beezel is holding his own against some stiff competition. JD is hoping to get some of the momentum back he had coming out of the last PPV. And WC? Well, sometimes you just have to see if that dog will hunt, as I like to say.

Rules: This is elimination rules, so the first pin does not win. Elimination can take place by any method (pinfall, submission, DQ, countout, etc...).

Word Limit: 6500

Send to: Suicide King

Guest Tod deKindes

Aw, bloody hell. THIS time it's almost official that I won't be able to write.

Can I veto my booking? :unsure:

Guest Dace59

What part of asking for a tag match every month or so ment me and Danny wanted to be a contasnt tag team?

I like teaming with Danny and all, we're a great time. But do I have to start requesting singles matches?

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Hrm... not sure if I should write or not...

...Well, I'm leaving town on Saturday morning, so I pretty much can't, but I'm very interested in what CIA (and hopefully Tod) comes up with.

Guest Grand Slam

Dace: The part where I was told you and Danny were a constant tag team. Sorry. I'll try and keep that in mind the next time I book.

Tod: No, you can't veto your booking. However, I had a ton of people who asked for the show off in advance and I only booked one of them (in a tag match at that, and only after asking his partner if he would write the match by himself). If you asked for the night off, I didn't see it.

TNT: Well, it is a good thing I didn't book you in something you had to write then.

Guest Goodear

If it makes you fell any better GS, I'm perfectly happy whooping the dingus out of Frost this week :)

Guest Dace59

I understand Tom asked for the tag.

Inwhich my first post should read:

"Oh fuck, I've got a match against Flesher, I'm gonna die!"

Any Mark, I know I said Me and Danny are a Proper Tag Team, being in a stable and all, but I don't want to be a full time tag wrestler.

When I talked to Edwin about my plans, I said a tag evert few shows.

Sorry for any confusing that came on my part.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Yeah, the original plan for the tag matches was one per three shows.

Guest Grand Slam

Tom asked for the tag? Not that I remember... but hey, its still a match against Tom... :)

And I also am sorry. CC has been working diligently to get the Tag Division up to speed and cruising, so sometimes we get a little tunnel-vision.

And yes, Ejiro it does make me feel better. Anymore I feel like the responses on the card threads aren't there to say "Good looking card" or talk about the "booking method" or even just for upping post counts, but mostly to tell the bookers what they did wrong and how stupid their descisions are. After putting a good amount of work into the card, it is a little disheartening to read mostly negative feedback.

But that is the nature of the beast, it seems. C'est la Vie...

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I kind of wish I got my promo out before this card was up, but that part is my fault.

*Note to self*

Girlfriends don'tr like it when yiou break up with them yet still expect to use their computer because you live with them.

Guest Coffin Surfer
And yes, Ejiro it does make me feel better.  Anymore I feel like the responses on the card threads aren't there to say "Good looking card" or talk about the "booking method" or even just for upping post counts, but mostly to tell the bookers what they did wrong and how stupid their descisions are.  After putting a good amount of work into the card, it is a little disheartening to read mostly negative feedback.

But that is the nature of the beast, it seems.  C'est la Vie...

Where the hell did this come from?

Dace pointed out that he doesn't want to work a tag match in every show, and that it wasn't what we originally asked for. I love tag matches and have no problem with the match, but if my partner has a problem, than it's my problem.

I elaborated with the details, that is it. Nobody was critizing your booking, we were just pointing out something that we dislike, god forbid we speak our mind and state that we are unhappy with an honest mistake made by CC.

If your feeling unapprecitated, take into consideration that the ones that don't post are usually happy with the card. I can't speak for them, but I personally don't feel the need to make brown nosing posts about how glorious the booking is every damn show.

Guest Dace59

I don't have a probably with the match Mark. I just thought I was down as a part time tag wrestler and had a singles match or 3 coming my way.

I wasn't expecting a tag match, but hey could be a lot worse, could actually be bad.

But I agree with Danny, there's no point in saying every card, how good you think the card is. You know you make good cards, we say it sometimes, and complaints are rarely serious.

Guest Ace309

Nah, I didn't ask for it, but I'm handling it.

It's the last show before a PPV, so we get to start fresh in a week or two, eh? (Y)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

There is nothing I despise more than a post that just says "kick ass card, you are the r0x0rs!" Well, maybe one thing, and that's people fishing for compliments. What the hell good does that do? Am I supposed to constantly suck the dicks of people in CC because they didn't fuck up this week? I know coming off of Stubby we should all be proud that the bookers now can find their ass with both hands, but we don't have to go nuts over it. For the most part, CC has been very good in encouraging people to take greater part in their booking and giving them what they ask for.

Although, if you didn't ask for something specifically, you have no right in bitching about what you did get. Mark can't read your mind from half a world away and know that you need the show off. And the thing with Dace and Danny teaming more than they wish feels like an honest mistake that all parties just aren't communicating well on.

You know what I do? I send a pm to the maker clearly stating what I would like and why. For this show I asked Mark for a singles match with either Ejiro or Judge to help build to the ppv and that's what I got and I'm happy and Ejiro's happy and that's going to lead us both to write a great match. But I don't have to make a post saying "hey I got what I asked for, thanks for not being a douchebag." Or a post saying "why isn't this a cage match, I didn't ask for it, but why didn't you read my mind and know this was supposed to be a cage match."

To close, everybody stop being a douchetard and things will be jake.

Guest Tod deKindes

I'm not complaining against Mark for the booking. I'm complaining against myself for forgetting to ask for the show off.

Nuance.

Guest Grand Slam

Frost: I was fishing for compliments, and for that I apologize, but let me explain myself a little.

I didn't book in the JL ever. My first ever card for this organization was up here in the WF and I was a little insecure about it. Since then, there has been, at least by my way of looking at it, a lot of pressure to make really great cards. Thus, I am still a little insecure and maybe over-sensitive to criticism of my cards. Not an excuse, just wanted those of you who seemed to be a little upset at what I said to know where I was coming from.

That having been said, my response is: Fair enough. Consider the subject dropped, although I will say one last thing.

A "thank you" now and then is appreciated, and helps the "you screwed ups" go down easier.

I am sorry I said what I said. Consider my comments in the earlier posts as null and void.

Now... don;t we have a PPV or something to get ready for around here? :)

Edited by Grand Slam

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Wait, Frost isn't going to service us anymore? God dammit. I blew all my hooker money on coke. You're a dead man, snowboy!

I have nothing to add, except that I'm very interested to see how the Tom/Judge team interacts. I always like when people in the same stable but not a regular tag team join up. Creates a nice little variable. Good luck, gentlemen.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

I was going to say, "thank you for giving me the show off," but now I haven't figured out if it's acceptable etiquette.

Guest Powerplay

Not a bad card, though I'm kinda sad I didn't get my day off. But at least I have a tag match that takes some of the load off of me. Thanks for trying, at least.

Guest Drew_K

I DO like my booking, for the record, and thinkt he hwole card looks fairly swank. No, I didn't say anything about it, but that was partially brought on by the fact that I wasn't expecting any particular booking. I'm glad to be back, it's nice you gave me something substantial to work with, and shake off the ring rust, and I can always get help from TNT on how he wants his and Tod's storyline to proceed, if at all, during this match.

So thanks, Mark, and all of CC, for all the times you do a good job and I don't say anything. And as you've not yet screwed up my booking AFTER I went to the trouble to request otherwise, I guess that's all that needs to be said.

And I'm never saying it again, so ha. ;)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I think you've been a great booker since starting, Mark. A big reason is because you honestly try to give people what they want, despite whether it's something you personally like, and then feel bad if you haven't done what you feel is the best you could have. Your booking shows logic and subtle build within feuds and storylines. You know how to put a show together and a good reasons that the match and show quality has been so good lately is helped in part by CC booking decent shows for the most part. Pool's closed, now stop fishing. (I would put a smiley face here, but I'm not Ash.)

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Mark, this card might be the worst thing you've ever done. Go crawl into a gutter and die. Why am I not booked?

What....because I asked you really late in your booking process to have the show off, and you graciously agreed? Oh. Well, you still suck.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

But Janus always does that. He writes matches before they get booked. See, it's like Silent no showing all the time, we've just grown to expect it and it's no big whoop.

But Janus always does that. He writes matches before they get booked. See, it's like Silent no showing all the time, we've just grown to expect it and it's no big whoop.

Does that mean the Universe is on the brink of collapse each time I no-show? (Lesee, a total of twice I believe...) :P

Guest Crowe
Somebody give this man a raise.

Or at least a boost or something.

GAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH!

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

Owned.

I have nothing of value to say.