TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

*****spoiler******* raven/dreamer

From Rajah Smackdown spoilers

Maven Vs. Raven (hardcore title)

Maven comes out, I will call him Mini Rock from now on (or how about Rock Jr?), cause that is what he reminds me of. Raven comes out with his shopping cart full of stuff. They beat each other around for a little until TOMMY DREAMER comes out to hit maven with a cookie sheet and putting him down for the count. Raven covers and we have a new hardcore champion!

Tommy and Raven together! Or maybe a feud? Yay!!!!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Who cares about Dreamer? Or even Raven for that matter?

It isn't 1997 anymore and Dreamer is just another crippled former ECW chump who can't even go anymore.

Guest Human Fly

Even if they don't use him very much it's good to see Tommy Dreamer getting a chance to work. He seems to have sacrificed a lot for this business. Having him in the hardcore division will be right up his alley.

I agree Fly. Im not a big Dreamer fan but I loved the ECW feud. Plus Tommy deserves at least a chacne for all his hard work.

Guest Zack Malibu

No sooner did I do a post on a new Flock this morning than I saw the Spoilers.

If Dreamer is a member of The Flock, it might be good for the WWF's sake, but you know that fans of ECW continuity (and I'm one myself) are going to have something to say about it.

If Heyman is booking this angle, I say they do the whole deal where Dreamer helped Raven win, but only to bring the title over to RAW, where Dreamer will be able to have the feud with Raven, only this time over the title.

And what about a possible partner for Dreamer, or the people who could back him up against Raven.  Sort of an "anti Flock".  I could see D Lo Brown or The Big Show lending a hand if the feud got out of control.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
I agree Fly. Im not a big Dreamer fan but I loved the ECW feud. Plus Tommy deserves at least a chacne for all his hard work.

Point taken.

On the whole Flock issue, I don't see it as a very good idea at all. The Flock in WCW dealt with a lot of things that your average WWF lemming doesn't really give a damn about anymore, such as angles/feuds/promos dealing with actual thinking required to truly understand it. I'm not saying I'm against it, but I just don't see it working out too well in the WWF right now.

Guest dreamer420

Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards drew praise from Jim Ross for their work as a tag team at house shows.  I liked Tommy when he works by himself, although he does need a hot manager or it just isn't the same.  Hopefully this will either turn into a Raven/Tommy feud, or the WWF is going to let ECW have it's own little group.

I doubt if they feud there will be a Flock. Steven Richards is the only one I could see being in it. Kidman would be good but he's with Smackdown right? The only other person I can see in it would be Waterman if they brought him up.

Edit- I forgot Sick Boy. They have to bring up Sick Boy!

On the whole Flock issue, I don't see it as a very good idea at all. The Flock in WCW dealt with a lot of things that your average WWF lemming doesn't really give a damn about anymore, such as angles/feuds/promos dealing with actual thinking required to truly understand it. I'm not saying I'm against it, but I just don't see it working out too well in the WWF right now.

Good point. I think if the announcers put over the stuff going on enough the fans will eventually take to it though. They should develop the characters of Raven and Tommy more and keep the angle pretty straight-forward at first. I think that will help it catch on more.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Counting on the announcers to continually put over the angle til the sheep get it is like 40/60 proposition lately especially with Lawler behind the mic and JR becoming the WWF version of Tony Shiavone.

Wait.. if Raven has the title now, won't he be losing it to Dreamer on Jakked?

considering that the belt is on the line 24/7 and Dreamer defeats Raven on Jakked.

Guest Zack Malibu

That's if they even air the match on JAKKED.  While it doesn't happen often enough, sometimes supposed JAKKED matches wind up being just another dark match.

When I heard that Dreamer and Kidman were going to be on JAKKED, I was actually ready to tape it, just for old times sake because I'm glad these guys are back.  Unfortunately, I don't get JAKKED on my cable.  My girlfriend gets it on her TV, but she'll be away for Easter.

Then again, it's only JAKKED.???

It'll most likely be on Jakked.

Jakked this Saturday:

Val Venis v. Lance Storm

Raven v. Tommy Dreamer

Hurricane and Kidman v. Tajiri and Funaki

Test v. Spike Dudley

If they pass the belt to Dreamer, it would be a unique phantom title switch. It probably wouldn't last long either.

Guest RickyB

I was never an ECW mark, but i hope that they don't have Dreamer team with Raven, their feud has been going for years and it would be a bit stupid to team them together now.

I think they should go for the Flock (as in the WCW Flock, not Raven's Nest from ECW) and have Raven, Saturn, Stevie Richards and Kidman in it - maybe even Justin Credible, although I doubt he'll join it.  They should have Dreamer feud with Raven - like he should do!

'but i hope that they don't have Dreamer team with Raven, their feud has been going for years and it would be a bit stupid to team them together now.'

too late.. they already teamed up and won the ECW Tag Belts twice. They also teamed in the Alliance.

Guest dreamer420

I doubt they will pass the belt to Dreamer, although it would be his first WWF title.  Jakked means so little to the WWF they probably won't even notice.

Guest RickyB
Ricky...I cant see any difference in the concepts of the Flock and the Nest.

You're right, there wasn't a difference.  I'm just talking about the name, Flock sounds better than Nest IMO.

too late.. they already teamed up and won the ECW Tag Belts twice. They also teamed in the Alliance.

I never knew about them teaming up in ECW, but I thought it was stupid to have them team in the Alliance with all of their history.

Funny thing...after I wrote that I thought what you were getting at was that Raven's character was always hinted at being either homosexual or bisexual in ECW. I know Scott Levy isnt gay himself but I always thought he played Raven as being gay. That would actually be cool to see an emphasis on, but the WWF could never book a serious character if the audience thought he like to ram other guys up to there colon.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Funny thing...after I wrote that I thought what you were getting at was that Raven's character was always hinted at being either homosexual or bisexual in ECW. I know Scott Levy isnt gay himself but I always thought he played Raven as being gay. That would actually be cool to see an emphasis on, but the WWF could never book a serious character if the audience thought he like to ram other guys up to there colon.

That's a pretty interresting concept, Ghast. I never really thought of the Raven character as being gay, even in WCW when he used to beat Lodi and Kidman into submission. Unfortunately, the WWF has seemingly beat into it's lemming-like fanbase that homosexuality is EVIL~! and that gay men are traditionaly wierdos who dress like women and/or wear bright colored clothing and act like pussies a la Billy and Chuck.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
What about Raven banging Beulah and the Sandman's wife?

Well, i guess that's where the 'bisexual' part came in at.

Guest WWF4Life

I was never really into the Flock concept, although I actually liked Raven's promos when he was in ECW and WCW. I've only heard him cut about three promos in the WWF...maybe someone's afraid they'll be overshadowed, since he's superb on the mic. I just think the Flock angle wouldn't get over in the WWF, so Raven should be left on his own. He was over the most in WCW when the Flock disintegrated, so the interest is in Raven, not the jobbers he's associated with.

Guest notJames

Anything that could rejuvenate the comatose state of the tag division is a welcome defibrilator burst for me. It's not like they'll burn up the singles ranks on their own, even though I thought Raven was a good HC champ the first time. Having Dreamer and Raven team up, regardless of their history together, is a step in the right direction as long as it's booked right.

I feel like every thing we say around here is followed by as long as it's booked right. Kinda illustrates how much faith we have in the bookers, eh?

Guest notJames

As for Raven's promo skillz, I don't know if you'd call them superb. The last time he was given a push (with the HC belt, I think) his rambling promos either went over everyone's heads, rambled incoherently, or were just completely unmotivated. You could tell he wasn't having too much fun by the timbre in his voice, and a lot of times he came off as flat and bored, like he was reading things off of cue cards.

Ah well, hope springs eternal...

fuck the hardcore title, has a title ever meant less in the history of wrestling even the womens title currently means more.

Guest notJames
fuck the hardcore title, has a title ever meant less in the history of wrestling even the womens title currently means more.

That would be David Arquette's WCW title reign, followed closely by Vinnie Roo's WCW title reign, Vinnie Mac's WWF title reign, and Steph's Women's title reign.

But that's just my opinion....

Guest dreamer420

Damn notJames.  Those are exactly the same thoughts I had, excecpt for Steph reign because we did at least get one good match out of her. (steph/trish from nwo 2000)