TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DokDoyle

The nwo on wwf.com

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Hmm.  Didn't the nWo have their oWn (sorry) site back in WCW Land?  Wasnt it like nwowrestling.com or something?

You'd think that Vince could spring for something better than a subdomain...

Guest FakeRazor

Yeah.. nWo.wwf.com?  If the nWo are supposed to be seen as almost a seperate entity trying to kill off the WWF, why the hell would they have WWF in their domain?

Guest Annoyed Grunt
You'd think that Vince could spring for something better than a subdomain...

You'd think they would use a more flattering picture of Vince...

Guest Tony149

Yeah, WCW had nWowrestling.com as their own site. One thing I noticed since I my cable was cut off for the time being...Hogan looks old, Hall looks fat, and Nash, well, Nash still looks the same. Supposedly he is in the best shape of his career.

Guest Kinetic

I think the logic in having the nWo site as a sub-domain is as follows: The nWo is not an outside force invading the WWF.  They've been invited by Vince McMahon, who owns 50% of the company.  It would follow, then, that Vince would own some nonspecific percentage of the WWF's online domain.  He decided to give the nWo a portion of that.  The problem seems to be that people are confusing the nWo's prior mission in the WCW with their current mission in the WWF.  Completely different angles, completely different concepts.  More or less, anyway.

Guest Carbon Tiger

That website is the biggest peace of propaganda that I've ever seen.

Vince better the peopel he's rewritting history to didn't see it when it happened.

Guest Army Eye

I remember nwowrestling.com..  it was kind of a cool site, just not updated enough.  To be the webmaster of that site really had to be a full-time position, with all the constant new members, defections, etc.

I like the blurb about the NWO they have up there.  What they need to do is establish exactly how the NWO is a threat, in the kayfabe sense.  They take all the titles and cheat like crazy to keep them.  Anybody who opposes them gets beaten to within an inch of their life every week.  They storm the commentary position, do backstage beatings, and

interfere in matches that don't even involve them, just to cause havoc.   Refs, commissioners, etc. are strong-armed into doing things they don't want do, or face the NWO's wrath.  Morale of the WWF wrestlers is lowered.  With little chance of getting a title or making it through a show without getting killed, WWF wrestlers are demoralized. When the NWO can't be controlled, WWFers start lashing out at each other.

Naturally, at the end of the angle, finally a group is formed that is cohesive enough to oppose the NWO and eventually they are vanquished.

But this is the kind of thing they need to talk up.  DO NOT REPEAT THE MISTAKES OF THE ALLIANCE ANGLE.  It was NEVER explained how The Alliance intended to put the WWF out of business, or for that matter, why they were getting matches and even title shots on TV every week.  So far the NWO storyline is off to a logical and more promising start.  Let's hope they can sustain iti.

Guest Tony149

I'll like to see the nWo try to recurit HHH into the nWo only for HHH to turn down the offer. The nWo says "that's cool and they respected his answer", then they later beat the shit out of him. HHH then leads an anti-nWo group. I hear HHH is going to be the one that leads the WWF.

WCW had a hard time running nWowrestling.com & WCW.com because they only had 3-6 people in their internet division where the WWF is said to have a whole floor at Titan Towers for their internet division.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

I see it as a replay of the '96 battles between wcw and the nwo. HHH/Rock/austin = luger/sting/macho man

I just hope vince doesn't send Austin on the rafters for a year ;)

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I figure the Rock would be sent to the rafters for a year. He'll have to keep a low profile after his movie bombs.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

no better, let's stick with an old school wwf formula... change the rock's name into the scorpion king, I smell the ratings :)

Guest Army Eye
WCW had a hard time running nWowrestling.com & WCW.com because they only had 3-6 people in their internet division where the WWF is said to have a whole floor at Titan Towers for their internet division.

heh.  I'm not surprised there on either count.  WWF really has an incredible number of web sites, most with a lot of content that seem to get updated.

Guest Tony149

Now watch Vince bring in the heel of "The Scorpion King" movie to feud with The Rock. Vince plans on main eventing WM X-9 with the two, only to drop plans after angle doesn't go over well. Oh, wait...Vince did that with Hogan & Zeus from "No Holds Barred".

Guest Kagato Otaku

Having visited nwo.wwf.com for reprogramming, I now understand why the nWo is POISON, a LETHAL dose of POISON which will be injected into the heart of the WWF; killing fan interest because they are evil and nasty and bad now. :)

I also like how they say WCW managed to eek out some ratings wins, as if WCW wasn't stomping their collective asses for the better part of two years. But then they say ratings don't matter, and all is well.

And that's some of the crummiest use of Flash I've ever seen. Vince ain't pumping enough money into this thing. Spend some of that WWFE petty cash, dammit!

Guest EI Cubano

Anyone else think that it is funny that all of the nWo adds read "this is a payed advertisement by Vince McMahon" when Vince owns the company in reality and in storylines and can do whatever the hell he wants with it?

Guest Army Eye
Anyone else think that it is funny that all of the nWo adds read "this is a payed advertisement by Vince McMahon" when Vince owns the company in reality and in storylines and can do whatever the hell he wants with it?

nod.. I'm sure his accountant must give him some weird looks when he processes the checks that are written out to Vince McMahon and from Vince McMahon

Guest jimmy no nose

Did anyone read that Hall biography page?  It's pretty funny in that it talks all about how Hall and his buddies ruined the WWF locker room in the early 90s and then says that they look to do the same today.

Guest Dark Lotus

Not really... he's just having to buy ad time from the networks or the local cable companies.  Like a political ad or something.

Guest Army Eye
Not really... he's just having to buy ad time from the networks or the local cable companies.  Like a political ad or something.

Eh.. he doesn't have to do that though.  Just show the ad during the show itself instead of paying to get it shown during the ad breaks..

Guest bsrizpac

Did you know that Vince is going to Kill it? His own creation. I found out at the website. Check it out guys.

Guest Kagato Otaku

It's true. Vince is gonna kill his *his* creation. He's gonna kill it, with the N.....W....Ooooooo.