TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest redbaron51

Well i gotta go in for surgery

Guest redbaron51

After playing soccer today, and I was playing defence. I went knee on knee on an opposing team. What the doctors say I have a torn MCL and I will have to surgery this Thursday.

Boy does this ever suck

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Let them film it for one of those medical shows.

It may be painful, but at least you'll be able to make a few bucks from it.

Mothernature says, eek!  Blood!"

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

While you're at it, give some blood and donate some sperm.  Make it a moneyfest!

Hope the knee stops being, uh, bad.

Guest Ace309

About four years ago, when I was at the end of my sophomore year in high school, I was in an off-season wrestling practice drilling with a coach. He didn't realize I was a complete newbie, and he proceeded to souplesse ... er, German suplex me. Realizing that he didn't want to drop me on my neck, he took it off to the side, where I landed splat on my extended left arm. Say hello to unsightly compound fractures.

I now have two frankenstein scars, a total of 72 puncture scars (from the 36 staples) and a total of two plates and 9 screws in my left arm.

Just felt this was the appropriate place to share that.

I have my own sick injury story! :D

It was last Summer 2001, and I was a BoyScout camp, "Camp Yagoo." I was doing an activity with the troops, and it was is I lay on a Indian streacher and a few people would carry me while I'm on there, not very hight off the ground. After they went the whole way around the track they pass the finish line, adn they just drop the streacher. Now here is the "Owe" part. My fingers were wraped around the poles on the edge when the droped it. So two of my finger nails come out and I had to have two other ones removed by surgery. That was on my left hand. On my right hand I had two nails taken out,had a broken finger, and I had a bone sticking out of my arm. And both my arms were all bloodly like I killed some guy with my bare hands.

They fixed it all by taking out the nails that were hainging out or were a bit losse. The doctor just squzed the broken bone in my arm back in place and then I got six stiches for the arm. And three stiches for my nails. ALL IN ONE DAY!!!

Guest Renegade

I once fell off my bike and i bruised my arm by falling on the concrete......HA BEAT THAT! And this other time, i got this papercut.....shit i can still feel the sting of that one  :D

Hope you get well soon dude

Guest crusen86

That sucks Xero. But, that's what you get for playing soccer.

Are you sure you aren't really hurt, but were just faking it in order to get a penalty?

Guest CED Ordonez

Either way, I'm starting a fanatical riot. You'd think we could declare it Soccer Rioting an official sport? I call the position of firestarter! *starts setting everything in sight ablaze*

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

::Reads Tom's post::

...Ahh...the joys of Amiture Wrestling. Yeah. I'm no newbie to Amiture Wrestling, I was actually involved in it for 2 and 1/2 years straight, but then it got old and other things started to come up and I had to quit. I wasn't good, though, and I didn't win often. But I've had my share of injuries. When I was going against a friend, he took me down hard, and we wrestling for a few seconds more until coach stopped the match and go striaght to the bathroom. I didn't know why, until I saw that I had a wide cut on my lip and an even bigger one inside my lip. Ahh...such good memories of amiture wrestling. :-)

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Ugh, tough break Xero. All I can do is wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

I guess I can count my blessings after reading this thread. All I ever got was an Appendectomy. But it WAS on my birthday, so that makes it a bit worse.

Guest redbaron51
That sucks Xero. But, that's what you get for playing soccer.

Are you sure you aren't really hurt, but were just faking it in order to get a penalty?

They actually gave the guy a yellow card. Though I wasn't laughing

Guest Zero_Cool

Uhm, Tom?  I thought there were no German Suplexes in Amateur Wrestling, as the move is highly dangerous, well especially since we've seen what it can do to the human body.  I could've sworn that Germans were against the rules...

Guest Ace309

They're illegal in high school and college (folkstyle) wrestling. The problem is that we, as in the United States, are horribly backwards and we practice a wrestling style that no one else in the world does.

In the rest of the world, they use freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling, in which high-amplitude throws (ie, Germans, belly-to-bellies, etc) are allowed in all but the youngest age groups and are encouraged by being rewarded with a high score.