TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Paul Votsis Will No Longer Be Writing for TSM.

Guest DrTom

It's not flaming when they fucking well deserve it, and sit back and beg for it.

Guest TheGame2705

Tom advocates gay rape but won't call it that. It's not flaming when they deserve it and sit back and ask for it.

Guest Bruiser Chong

And who says TSM doesn't bring the entertainment? Best thread I've seen in quite a while.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Bah, quiet, Tim.

And Barron, how much digging did you have to do through the shit piles to find that?

Guest Vern Gagne

What's the apology for the actual plagarizing or getting found out?

Guest Bruiser Chong

I'd assume the latter. No one's ever sorry for such deeds until they're caught, otherwise, they wouldn't do 'em in the first place.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Yeah, unless you saw him in person and he was breaking up about it... that's a very gullible thing to say.

Totally unprofessional on his part.

Guest bob_barron
Bah, quiet, Tim.

And Barron, how much digging did you have to do through the shit piles to find that?

It didn't take that long. One time AustinHHH4Life was being a dick in NHB so I went and found that thread- ever since then I remembered when he posted it. So it wasn't too hard.

Guest DrTom
Actually, Paul sounded like he was genuiney sorry for palagarizing.

He bloody well should be. He made himself look like a giant ass and gave the site a pockmark it neither needed nor deserved. Like Bruiser said, though, he's probably sorry he got caught, since a truly contrite person never would have done it in the first place. People shouldn't apologize for things they do out of willful decisions: they're only sorry they got caught, or because of how someone reacted, but not for what they did.

Guest Cancer Marney
Flaming outside the fucking flaming folder.

I request a ban, please.

Who's flaming? I hope you don't mean me.

Not you.

I was referring to DrTom.

Don't be ridiculous. If Tom's banned for calling a liar, a thief, and an arrogant sociopathic piece of shit who abused his friends' trust a "cocksucker," I'd like to be banned too. Because Votsis is a cocksucker. He's also an honourless disrespectful asshole with no integrity who seems to feel that other people exist primarily for his benefit. He didn't care that his contemptible actions reflected on the other TSM writers. As other people have noted already, he obviously isn't sorry because he plagiarised; he's sorry that he was caught. He made excuses for his actions for chrissakes, as if anything could possibly justify what he did. Wherever he ends up, he's going to do this again - because he's suffered no real penalty for it this time. That's a guarantee.

"Cocksucker?" That's bloody mild. He stole someone else's thoughts and pretended they were his own. Simply to bask in acclaim he hadn't earned. He certainly is a cocksucker. And a hundred other things I can't be bothered to type out because he isn't worth the time.

This isn't flaming. This is the truth.

Guest MrRant

Thank goodness I don't write enough nor well enough to steal others work or it would be a lot better and there would be more columns from me.

Now if only my lazy ass can find someplace to rip off a Simpsons Season 2 review instead of finish the rest myself.

Guest Flyboy
I think it's safe to assume he was being facetious.

I was. But, I appreciate Marney for taking out the time to post that long winded response.

Guest Bruiser Chong

There's no need to defend the guy. Everything that's come from this--him losing his writing position, respect from posters on this board, "friends" from this board, and the board itself, are all his fault.

I feel a bit offended that in this day and age of being able to find out so much about someone just from the net, someone would actually think it was a good idea to steal a piece of writing off the net and pass it off as their own, never thinking they'll be found out for it.

I also take offense to him plagarizing because I'm an aspiring writer myself and every person like him gives the good ones a bad name and a tarnished image. If you don't have the talent to write, then just don't. Simple as that. What he did was against the law, regardless if it was 'just on the Internet' or not. Plagarizing is a serious crime and this prick should never earn the right to write anything for any site again. This guy's a grown man and he's commited a crime that often times has been regulated to elementary school, middle school, and high school. Looking at his typical posts here, I'm not really all that surprised that the work wasn't his own. I doubt he's learned and that's a shame, because that means he still hasn't realized what a pathetic pissant he really is.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Nice touch with the custom title...

Tom, I'm assuming that's your doing. Kudos.

Guest Flyboy

It has to be Tom. He's the only one that abuses his mod powers like that. He wouldn't fuck with me, though.

No one has bothered to steal my columns and cross post them yet. The only thing that bothers me for some reason is when I'll send house show results to 1w or Observer, written in detail with more than just the result, then see the entire thing show up on some dirtboard with header "InsaneWrestlingMayhemInc Reader Stephen Gray sent along these results" when I did no such thing. If smaller websites are going to take house show results from the bigger news sites, I wish they'd just edit out my stuff and list straight results, but since the majority just credited me without calling me a reader or claiming I sent them in to them, I was ok with it.

Guest bob_barron
There's no need to defend the guy. Everything that's come from this--him losing his writing position, respect from posters on this board, "friends" from this board, and the board itself, are all his fault.

I feel a bit offended that in this day and age of being able to find out so much about someone just from the net, someone would actually think it was a good idea to steal a piece of writing off the net and pass it off as their own, never thinking they'll be found out for it.

I also take offense to him plagarizing because I'm an aspiring writer myself and every person like him gives the good ones a bad name and a tarnished image. If you don't have the talent to write, then just don't. Simple as that. What he did was against the law, regardless if it was 'just on the Internet' or not. Plagarizing is a serious crime and this prick should never earn the right to write anything for any site again. This guy's a grown man and he's commited a crime that often times has been regulated to elementary school, middle school, and high school. Looking at his typical posts here, I'm not really all that surprised that the work wasn't his own. I doubt he's learned and that's a shame, because that means he still hasn't realized what a pathetic pissant he really is.

What he said

Guest Big Poppa Popick

im glad to see you take a stand dames...saw the same thing myself, came here to tell peeps, and found out im slow on the draw

Guest DrTom
Nice touch with the custom title...

Tom, I'm assuming that's your doing. Kudos.

It was indeed. It only seemed appropriate.

Guest DrTom
It has to be Tom. He's the only one that abuses his mod powers like that. He wouldn't fuck with me, though.

Now why'd you have to go and say a thing like that? Don't you know that's practically inviting me to fuck with you, just because you said that. Not that I ever would, of course... I'm far too mature to fall for such a ruse.

Yes.

Definitely.

Much too mature.

Right.

Guest Flyboy

And the bad thing is...

I don't even have one hundred posts yet. DrTom is ghey.

Guest Kingpk

In the future......

"Finally, back to 100 posts."

*Clicks submit*

"What!? Back down to 10?! Curse you abuser!!"

Guest crandamaniac
And the bad thing is...

I don't even have one hundred posts yet. DrTom is ghey.

OMG! Previously Banned Poster! How could you know so much about this board and only have less then 100 posts. You must be Brain!

Anyways, weighing in on this whole plagarism situation, it really saddens me. I've talked with the dude a ton on AIM and he seemed like an ok guy. He seemed geniunely happy about getting a column posted on here. But then he pulls shit like this. I hate to say this, but I really don't think we need people who's going to bring down our board like this associated with us.

And can somebody change his account so he doesn't have my J*Wing avatar in it?

Guest Flyboy

The irony of it is I actually PMed DT to set my post count back to zero.