TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Paul Votsis Will No Longer Be Writing for TSM.

Guest Kid Kablam
flyboy...

although you pm'ed dr. tom about reducing your post count, i abused my powers (OMG) and did the honors of setting you back 10,000 posts.

communication majors and college students everywhere....

plagiarism is an offense in any field where writing requires original thought and analysis. in HISTORY (my major), a famous author stephen ambrose plagiarised a few lines in one of his books. despite having won literary awards and been one of the nation's most prestigious historians, with a couple of lines he was discredited forever.

to the chick with the huge rack in tom's avatar....

:cheers:

Just look at Dorris Kerans Goodwin, she was on top of the literary world and stuff, and she got caught for plagarism.

Guest Sandman9000

I wrote this song yesterday, everyone tell me what you think about it.

Hey Jude don’t make it bad,

Take a sad song and make it better,

Remeber, to let her into your heart,

Then you can start to make it better.

Hey Jude don’t be afraid,

You were made to go out and get her,

The minute you let her under your skin,

Then you begin to make it better.

And anytime you feel the pain,

Hey Jude refrain,

Don’t carry the world upon your shoulders.

For well you know that it’s a fool,

Who plays it cool,

By making his world a little colder.

Hey Jude don’t let me down,

You have found her now go and get her,

Remember (Hey Jude) to let her into your heart,

So let it out and let it in

Hey Jude begin,

You’re waiting for someone to perform with.

And on’t you know that it’s just you.

Hey Jude, you’ll do,

The movement you need is on your shoulder.

Hey Jude, don’t make it bad,

Remember to let her under your skin,

Then you’ll begin to make it better.

Guest goodhelmet

Hey Jude refrain,

Who plays it cool,

Hey Jude begin,

Hey Jude, you’ll do,

damn, if you ever had 40 people singing backup and accompanied the piece with a piano, you could prolly top the charts for 9 weeks and have it as the 2nd longest running #1 single (time wise) ever behind don mcclean's 'american pie'.

Guest Sandman9000

Hey Jude refrain,

Who plays it cool,

Hey Jude begin,

Hey Jude, you’ll do,

damn, if you ever had 40 people singing backup and accompanied the piece with a piano, you could prolly top the charts for 9 weeks and have it as the 2nd longest running #1 single (time wise) ever behind don mcclean's 'american pie'.

Damn! I only have 36 people, a dog, and an accordian to assist me.

Maybe I can spend three weeks in the top ten.

Guest stardust
Hell, plagiarism is a cardinal sin to anyone who is a writer (well, one with actualy, y'know, ethics). I'm still scared that someone's gonna find my web site one day and steal some of my poetry from some class or workshop or publication or something and credit it to themselves.

Damn... I was gonna steal some poetry off your site! But now you're expecting it! :unsure: Just kidding! :P

Thanks for the warning. ;)

And I'm not TOO worried about it...well, not all of them, just some of them. But then again, how much traffic does my site get? Not a whole hell of a lot.

Guest Kingpk

Hey, check out this document I just finished.

I dunno, it seems like a good guideline for a new type of government I'm thinking of creating. I'm thinking of calling it "The government where everyone's free and stuff."

Guest Vern Gagne

Hopefully my song White Christmas will be finished in time for this years Christmas Season.

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

Sure, plagarism is an expellable offense in academia, but fuck, this is a wrestling website. I know many of you take it seriously, and such, but really...its just a hobby. Its not going to become anything more than it. He fucked up. But quit acting like he fucked you guys up the ass without the courtasy of a reach around. Its amazing how ruthless some of you can be. The owners of the site have a fairly valid reason for being embarrassed and mislead. But the rest of you? You just gotta join in and kick him while he's down? Classy. If it makes you feel part of the cause, than congrats.

Guest TheGame2705

I have to agree with Banky here. I can wholeheartedly agree with the people who got their work stolen and Dames for trying to promote a credible site but it's all very "Bruiser Chong" of you to criticize the guy the guy to death.

Guest Retro Rob
I have to agree with Banky here. I can wholeheartedly agree with the people who got their work stolen and Dames for trying to promote a credible site but it's all very "Bruiser Chong" of you to criticize the guy the guy to death.

It's all in good fun...

B-)

Ahhhh, don't lecture these guys Game and Banky. Let them feel like the men they are! I mean, gee golly, they got their words in on a fucking plagarist, the lowest of all scum! Forget the 9/11 terrorists we had a fucking plagarist residing in our own forum.

Of course residing here, we have drug addicts, womanizers, homosexuals, criminals, high school bullies, etc etc. All categories that one part of society or another looks down on. But hey, who cares about that, we had a FUCKING PLAGARISTS on the site! Thank God he's gone, now I feel safe coming here.

....Never mind that 80% of middle and high schoolers plagarize at least one major report per year. Let's not even talk about college.....

Guest Chuck Woolery
Forget the 9/11 terrorists we had a fucking plagarist residing in our own forum.

Of course residing here, we have drug addicts, womanizers, homosexuals, criminals, high school bullies, etc etc. All categories that one part of society or another looks down on. But hey, who cares about that, we had a FUCKING PLAGARISTS on the site! Thank God he's gone, now I feel safe coming here.

Somebody took their controversial issue pills this morning.

Seriously... if you can't write or can't write well then why fucking bother ripping somebody else off? It gives you nothing more than something interesting to brag to your friends about - "I write for a wrestling site!" It takes somebody pretty... how shall I put this... attention-depraved to plagiarize parts of a column so that he can get that oh-so-coveted writing position on the TSM page.

Then again, what do I know.

Guest DVD Spree

I know I'm kinda late jacking into this, and I'm only going to sound like a broken record, but for my own edification...

Having just completed an English degree that's 90% creative writing, I've witnessed first hand a student (for a plagiarist forever guarantees himself never to be referred to as a "writer" again) get caught stealing material.

The dude was expelled in his final year, tens of thousands in debt, refused admission to the University ever again, and has been unable to find a place at any other school - rightfully so. Whether you're a student, novelist, academic, whatever, there is simply NO justification for plagiarism. Well, unless you're being sly and doing it under the banner of "homage" or "parody".

Good riddance to stinking shit.

Guest DrTom
I mean, gee golly, they got their words in on a fucking plagarist, the lowest of all scum!

Plagiarists are liars, thieves, and cowards, and they deserve every bad word said about them. It's like this: Dames and the other staff members, and the site writers, have been trying to grow a site that, so far, has an excellent reputation for things like honesty. Having a blatant plagiarist in the ranks risks flushing all that hard work down the toilet. As both a writer and staff member, I think I had every right to be bent about this situation, and so has everyone else who's weighed in. Your trite exaggerations don't do anything for whatever your argument may be.

Forget the 9/11 terrorists we had a fucking plagarist residing in our own forum.

I wouldn't go there if I were you.

Of course residing here, we have drug addicts, womanizers, homosexuals, criminals, high school bullies, etc etc.

And this somehow excuses plagiarism? Gee, other people are scum, so I can be, too? It's also interesting to note that you've lumped homosexuals into a list of societal undesireables, but I'll let other people take up that one with you.

All categories that one part of society or another looks down on.

And we should give a fuck... why? I don't care if the people who post here beat their wives, push their neighbors down the steps, steal candy from infants, and shoot up heroin nightly. They're posters on a messageboard as long as they're here, and writers for the site if they work in that capacity, too. That's all we should know about them.

Never mind that 80% of middle and high schoolers plagarize at least one major report per year. Let's not even talk about college.....

And this excuses plagiarism on the site... how? Everyone else is doing it, so why can't we? Bah. Come back when you have something better to say than what every snippy sixth-grader says to his mother.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
DrTom Posted on Jun 20 2003, 01:25 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, gee golly, they got their words in on a fucking plagarist, the lowest of all scum! 

Plagiarists are liars, thieves, and cowards, and they deserve every bad word said about them. It's like this: Dames and the other staff members, and the site writers, have been trying to grow a site that, so far, has an excellent reputation for things like honesty. Having a blatant plagiarist in the ranks risks flushing all that hard work down the toilet. As both a writer and staff member, I think I had every right to be bent about this situation, and so has everyone else who's weighed in. Your trite exaggerations don't do anything for whatever your argument may be.

I wouldn't go there if I were you.

Of course residing here, we have drug addicts, womanizers, homosexuals, criminals, high school bullies, etc etc. 

And this somehow excuses plagiarism? Gee, other people are scum, so I can be, too? It's also interesting to note that you've lumped homosexuals into a list of societal undesireables, but I'll let other people take up that one with you.

All categories that one part of society or another looks down on. 

And we should give a fuck... why? I don't care if the people who post here beat their wives, push their neighbors down the steps, steal candy from infants, and shoot up heroin nightly. They're posters on a messageboard as long as they're here, and writers for the site if they work in that capacity, too. That's all we should know about them.

Never mind that 80% of middle and high schoolers plagarize at least one major report per year. Let's not even talk about college..... 

And this excuses plagiarism on the site... how? Everyone else is doing it, so why can't we? Bah. Come back when you have something better to say than what every snippy sixth-grader says to his mother.

Pwned.

Anyway, the plagiarist guy deserves all the ass whooping he gets on here, and most probably will get himself in 'the real world'. As an almost capable musician, this kinda shit worries me because if someone stole my songs and made a name for themselves using them I would be fucked and more than alittle pissed. This is about all I can weigh in with so I will close by saying good bye and TSM is a far better place without him.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm having a hard timne believing this right now since I've been good friends with Paul for near on a year now. I never thought that he'd do something like this and I still find it hard to credit and I'd like a real explanation for why he did it.

I'm not going to jump all over him live some have, though I think he deserves to get yelled at and humilatied. Instead I'm going to remember him for the good times and the intelligent wrestling discussions we once had.

Guest Anglesault
Instead I'm going to remember him for the good times and the intelligent wrestling discussions we once had.

He's not dead.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

might as well be. he's not going to be welcome here anymore.

Guest Flyboy

He left the board because HE wanted to.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Wow, I feel so honored to now be used as a verb! I'm deeply touched, really. Anyway, people have a right to jump on a guy who has broken a pretty serious crime. I think the people who have shown the most disdain for him are the ones who plan to persue a career in the field of writing and I think, they have the right to be so angry, because anyone who has taken the time to actually put some effort into writing, know just what a difficult task it can be and to have someone demean the whole thing by taking someone else's work and passing it off as their own, is a pretty frustrating thing to see. The magnitude of it all can only really be known when you yourself have put in the time to write in a somewhat serious capacity.

So no, he didn't commit a horrible crime like murder or rape, but he did commit the worst crime one could commit in an entire profession, and I personally think, that's something that shouldn't be ignored.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

after Dames said he'd ban him if he could. He knows where he isn't wanted.

Guest Flyboy

after Dames said he'd ban him if he could. He knows where he isn't wanted.

Well, if he wouldn't had plagiarize we would not be having this discussion, right now.

I don't consider plagarism on an internet website as severe as in an academic setting. It was lame of him to do this, but its really not that as big of a travesty as everyone is making it out to be. I sure as heck don't think of him as scum...of course I don't write for/own a website.

Guest Bruiser Chong
Actually, you were used as an adjective.

Whoops, you're right. Eh, I've been off today.

I don't think where you plagarise matters; just doing it in any capacity is wrong and is evidence that you're lazy and really have no business "writing."

Guest Retro Rob
I don't consider plagarism on an internet website as severe as in an academic setting.  It was lame of him to do this, but its really not that as big of a travesty as everyone is making it out to be.  I sure as heck don't think of him as scum...of course I don't write for/own a website.

Well if you were the guy who wrote a very good article on a website, only to have it stolen and re-posted by someone else I don't think you would be happy. No matter what the writing/column was for, someone put their time into it. I know how long it takes me when I write a lengthy column (at least 5-7 hours writing time, not mention sitting through the show which could take another 3) and if anyone put their name on TEN hours of MY TIME, they would be quite high on my hitlist.

Guest Anglesault
I don't consider plagarism on an internet website as severe as in an academic setting.  It was lame of him to do this, but its really not that as big of a travesty as everyone is making it out to be.  I sure as heck don't think of him as scum...of course I don't write for/own a website.

Well if you were the guy who wrote a very good article on a website, only to have it stolen and re-posted by someone else I don't think you would be happy. No matter what the writing/column was for, someone put their time into it. I know how long it takes me when I write a lengthy column (at least 5-7 hours writing time, not mention sitting through the show which could take another 3) and if anyone put their name on TEN hours of MY TIME, they would be quite high on my hitlist.

I agree. These things (while not all that good) can take me up to three hours to prepare, compile, and edit. I can't imagine what watching a show (and critiquing it) is like.

New one is up, BTW

OK, so that accounts for the owners of the site and the writer of the original article for being angry. Why is everyone else treating the guy like shit? Its not like he didn't anything to the rest of you. I am just saying that you guys can be like a pack of wolves chomping on an already dead horse.

Guest Anglesault

OK, so that accounts for the owners of the site and the writer of the original article for being angry. Why is everyone else treating the guy like shit? Its not like he didn't anything to the rest of you. I am just saying that you guys can be like a pack of wolves chomping on an already dead horse.

Does praising me and then turnin around and badmouthing me to Will give me a pass?