TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Anyone here listen to Talib Kwali?

Guest Brian

Just wondering. Not many new artists really hit my radar but this guy has been really great so far. I've been listening to him for about three years, and now that he's actually getting big I want to know if there's some interest brewing. Probably one of the most lyrical guys in the rap industry in quite a while.

And isnce I'm actually talking in here, anyone in New York go to see Mak Tub play? They're a Seattle group on a big label now, and my friend's the manager, and I was just surfing for opinions. Jazz/Rock/Soul/Funk fusion, great to listen to. Go to the site and buy their CD.

Anyways, I wanted to diversify the topics in this forum so if anyone wants to speak.

Guest Kibagami

Kweli is awesome, though I'd be hard-pressed to choose between him and Mos Def. If you enjoy Kweli's solo work, pick up his Black Star collaboration with Mos Def; it's one of the best hip-hop albums I've heard, period.

K.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

I've never heard of Mak Tub, but yeah, Kweli is one of the most gifted lyricists in music right now. I personally like him better than Mos Def, although he's great, too.

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

Kweli is excellent. I'd go for 'Train of Thought' over Quality, though.

And I prefer Mos Def. What can I say, the man makes me smile.

Guest TheArchiteck

Kweli + Mos + Pharoah is dream team...

Kweli is a great lyricist and artist but I feel Mos and Pharoah Monch gets the upper hand off of charisma....since they can make each track sound different ya know?

I'm not knocking Kweli at all, because he's one of my all time favorites....but as of late...his deliverance has been pretty much the same. I feel he should experiment a little futher, ya know?

Guest Dangerous A

I just got the Quality album this weekend and have been feeling it since I put it in my CD changer. Just a sick MC. I just saw the Black Star album with Mos Def at a record store for $9.99. Looks like DA is about to gets more hip hop.

Guest ant_7000

I got Quality for 10 from circuit city the 1st week it came out. Quality is a good album it in my rotation right now.

Guest Prototype450

Quality is Great CD. I had to borrow it from my mom to listen to it though ^_^

But anyways Guerilla Monsoon Rap and Get By are some of my favorite songs.