TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

1 Year Anniv. Diatribe

Heh, every one of the five boroughs has a different accent, Dames. I was born and raised in freaking Connecticut and I knew that. :D

Excellent review... I just LOVED the "Skipper DESTROYS Storm with a devastating um…neck toss? Whatever it was…it looked like it KILLED him."

Gold. For a second i thought you were channeling Joey Styles there. :lol:

Guest Joe_G
Tonight is a night than almost all of their naysayers didn’t think they’d make it to.

Well, that's a little disingenous. The way you make it sound, everyone said the TNA model would fail and TNA, being the little wrestling promotion that could, proved them wrong. But the model did fail. If Panda hadn't stepped and pumped money into the product, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

The building is VISIBLY sold out as the first match is about to begin.

Well, the building was no doubt visibly full. TNA shows in the past have had more paper than a ticker tape parade. Do we know for certain that they sold out?

VERY poor showing for Kenzo Suzuke.

I have no idea why TNA insists on bringing over the biggest slugs from Japan. Remember when they brought over Omori to fight Shamrock? I swear to God he was high in the match.

And no TNA Anniversary show is complete unless they mention CHEEX~~!!!!

Tonight is a night than almost all of their naysayers didn’t think they’d make it to.

Well, that's a little disingenous. The way you make it sound, everyone said the TNA model would fail and TNA, being the little wrestling promotion that could, proved them wrong. But the model did fail. If Panda hadn't stepped and pumped money into the product, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Even with Panda's money, there were many people who didn't think the promotion would be around past 2002, let alone a year.

As for the sell out, I believe that they announced that the Anniversary Show was sold out a couple of weeks back. That was definitely the loudest crowd they have had EVER, so there must have been a lot of new fans in the crowd.

Dames

Dames

Guest eirejmcmahon
As for the sell out, I believe that they announced that the Anniversary Show was sold out a couple of weeks back.

Ryder was shilling tickets in his preview for the show.

Guest Zack Malibu
Even with Panda's money, there were many people who didn't think the promotion would be around past 2002, let alone a year.

As for the sell out, I believe that they announced that the Anniversary Show was sold out a couple of weeks back. That was definitely the loudest crowd they have had EVER, so there must have been a lot of new fans in the crowd.

Dames

Dames

Heh, a post so nice, you signed it twice.

I agree whole heartedly with your opinions, Dames. Didn't come off as the blowoff to the previous year of storylines as much as it felt like a transition into newer ones. Waltman coming in on the side of Russo was the type of OMG SWERVE~ you've come to expect, but let's face it...you KNOW the guy is going to be a backstage disaster. I don't think he's in it for the long run.

As far as Suzuke, apparently there were all sorts of politics boiling over from the New Japan/WJ situation in that one, so that's why we got a craptacular match. Heard Suzuke wasn't that great to begin with, and Saturn needs to be either really motivated or have the right opponent. He had neither going for him.

Oh, and to all the Douglas naysayers...being a mark for him pays off, especially when it gets you a shoutout in Dames' Diatribe~!

Guest Lemon Drop Kid
Oh, and to all the Douglas naysayers...being a mark for him pays off, especially when it gets you a shoutout in Dames' Diatribe~!

You forgot to add...

And THAT's a FACT... jackaaaaass!

Guest Zack Malibu

You forgot to add...

And THAT's a FACT... jackaaaaass!

LOL. Actually, it should be more like...

"Now THAT was a fucking shoot!"

Guest bob_barron

Yet the London mark and the guy who supplies you with the tape gets zilch. That ain't right

Guest Zack Malibu

Yet the London mark and the guy who supplies you with the tape gets zilch. That ain't right

You ain't the only London mark here, my faithful sidekick. Check out Unscripted when you can, because the streetfight with Michael Shane was pretty damn cool, started the "Please Don't Die" chant, and features a cameo from our own ShooterJay.

You get a plug EVERY WEEK...sometimes much more than once!

Hell, you even got a SIGN! What more do you want!

Dames

Guest Zack Malibu

Plus, I rub elbows with the TNA champ...I gots the hook-up when it comes to this shiznit, fo' rizzle.

Guest bob_barron

You ain't the only London mark here, my faithful sidekick. Check out Unscripted when you can, because the streetfight with Michael Shane was pretty damn cool, started the "Please Don't Die" chant, and features a cameo from our own ShooterJay.

Check out Final Battle- your's truly helps Paul London up.

Did I violate the Code of Honor doing that?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think Meltzer wrote that it wasn't completely full...

but that no comps were given out.

So it is there largest gate to date I'd imagine.