TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Hogan Vs. Flair

Back in 1991-1992, Flair and Hogan were in a feud. Flair cost Hogan the WWF Championship. Did they ever fight while in WWF? The closest I remember is a tag match on Saturday Night ME with Hogan/Sid Vs. Flair/Taker :ph34r:

Guest AndrewTS

I have no idea...although I fear the WWE may get wind of this and have them fued again..

Guest AndrewTS

I have no idea...although I fear the WWE may get wind of this and have them fued again..

Guest bravesfan

There was a good amount of house show matches between them, starting in late October. (I attended a show with the two as the ME in December of that year.) Many ended in countout victories for Hogan - beyond that, nothing ever arose.

Guest DerangedHermit

WWE using past history? Good luck on that one.

Guest Choken One

They already blew the Hogan/Flair match on a Raw...It wasn't even a Main event...It was the 1000 match...

They wrestled about 100 times in WCW...Hogan going over 97 times.

Guest JHawk

Three Flair-Hogan matches were taped in that initial run (that I know of):

Their first meeting in October 1991 was at a TV taping in Dayton, Ohio, but to my knowledge has never been seen outside of the arena.

Two matches at Madison Square Garden aired on the MSG Network (11/30/91 and 12/29/91). In the first one, Flair pinned Hogan with brass knuckles but had the decision reversed to a Hogan DQ victory, and the second one was won by Hogan by countout. You can find the latter two (I happen to have both those shows on tape).

Guest AndrewTS

WWE using past history? Good luck on that one.

They did for the Hogan-Vince fued. And for the rationale of bringing in Piper.

Guest Trivia247

Hogan Flair feud was done to death and they already had a match I think on Raw in this current stint..

Now

if they could just get Bruno Sammartino to Hobble down to the ring and Take on Flair....now that would be something ... yea.

Guest Mad the Swine

For the misery of it, I dug through all my Flair results and compiled a won-loss record of every time Hogan and Flair have squared off from both WWF/WWE and WCW.

I think I have record of about 95% of their matches even the house shows were pretty well publicized.

In tag competition, Flair has 2 wins and 12 losses. Both wins for Flair were via disqualification. There was also 1 no contest and 1 double count out. Naitch also lost a War Games to Hogan

In singles matches, it's uglier than ugly.

Flair has 11 wins and 65 losses. Nine of the wins came via disqualification or count out.

Hogan has been pinned twice by Flair. The first was after Flair hit Hogan with Miss Elizabeth's shoe, the other was when Charles Robinson went heel in the middle of officiating Uncensored 1996. So, neither have been clean.

That said, about half of Hogan's wins were via disqualification. The vast majority were in 1991, when neither had a title and McMahon didn't want to immediately bury Flair upon arrival.

The tape "Hulk Hogan's Greatest Matches" features Hulk Hogan & Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Sid Justice & Ric Flair. I just pulled that from a Coliseum Video match list website and have never seen it (or I saw it when I was 10 or 11 and don't remember it).

For the misery of it, I dug through all my Flair results and compiled a won-loss record of every time Hogan and Flair have squared off from both WWF/WWE and WCW.

I think I have record of about 95% of their matches even the house shows were pretty well publicized.

In tag competition, Flair has 2 wins and 12 losses. Both wins for Flair were via disqualification. There was also 1 no contest and 1 double count out. Naitch also lost a War Games to Hogan

In singles matches, it's uglier than ugly.

Flair has 11 wins and 65 losses. Nine of the wins came via disqualification or count out.

Hogan has been pinned twice by Flair. The first was after Flair hit Hogan with Miss Elizabeth's shoe, the other was when Charles Robinson went heel in the middle of officiating Uncensored 1996. So, neither have been clean.

That said, about half of Hogan's wins were via disqualification. The vast majority were in 1991, when neither had a title and McMahon didn't want to immediately bury Flair upon arrival.

You think Flair's record against Hogan is ugly? To my knowledge Randy Savage has NEVER defeated Hogan by pin or submission.

Guest EternallyLazy

I think the WWE's biggest inexcusable blunder involving something they had in their laps and could have been the biggest thing ever was Flair vs. Hogan for the main event of WrestleMania VIII... an even bigger blunder than the invasion which drew some money early on and had it's moments. Flair/Hogan could have been the biggest money match of all time... and they blew it either because of ego or stupidity... probably a combination of both

Hogan had to take a backseat due to the steroid investigations, the match was annouced for about two weeks before they changed and went to the double main event.

Guest Choken One

Yeah, Vince had no choice but to NOT do Flair/Hogan for Mania because of the Roid investigations

Because they couldn't have Flair go over or let Hogan walk away with the title....

In hindsight they could've put the title on Savage during that SPECIAL Saturday Main Event GOING over Flair via Hogan's interference (Pay-back for Survivor Series) and have Savage/Sid (or Roberts) instead and Hogan/Flair an Special Attraction match...

I think it worked out fine the way it happened anyways because Flair jobbing to a retiring Hogan would've made him look vulerable...

Guest OldSkoolNWA

It sure is a shame that Hogan's ego was so freakin huge that he couldn't lose to Flair a few more times. I imagine when Flair was in the WWF, Vince really didn't want him to go over Hogan - but you would think someone in WCW's office would realize they were cheapening the NWA/WCW title by having thier "best" continually lose to the WWF's "best". I guess I just don't understand (probably why I couldn't ever get a job as a writer/booker).

Guest Mad the Swine
Well Flair never protested so he is at slight fault...

Supposedly, he did protest in 1995 or 1996. Didn't do a bit of good.

Flair couldn't even get Hogan to job to him when Flair was the head booker. Flair was supposed to get the belt at the August 1994 Clash, but Hogan refused and Flair got the victory by countout.

Flair's always said, though, he enjoys working with Hogan. Meltzer tried to get him to say something bad about Hogan one night on his show, but Flair didn't.

I do see how you could work with Hogan, considering the money. I don't see how you could enjoy working with him, though.

I did forget one other time Flair jobbed to Hogan: for Vader at Uncensored 1995.